Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already seen Solgaleo's accents go from orange to yellow for a purely visual change, but that's a lot like Xerneas's horns changing colour which was also considered a techical "form". It shouldn't really be though. It's just Xerneas with the LEDs turned off.

We've already seen Solgaleo's accents go from orange to yellow for a purely visual change, but that's a lot like Xerneas's horns changing colour which was also considered a techical "form". It shouldn't really be though. It's just Xerneas with the LEDs turned off.
Watch Nintendo do that exact thing for solgaleo, except its dormant form is fire, just to troll us

Mewtwo
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Giritina
Thunderus
Landorus
Tornadus
Kyurem
Xerneas
Zygarde
Deoxys
Arceus
Shaymin
Keldeo
Melloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Okay, 12 (Latios and Latias can mega evolve, but were omitted from the list, and Zygarde only has different formes in the anime.) non-mythic vs 8 mythic (does the different drives on Genesect REALLY count as forme changes though?) So i am wrong on forme changing mythics outnumbering transforming non-Mythics.

Edit: Also, considering there's 26 (Birds, Cats, Regis, Lake Trio, Three Muskadeers, Ho-oh, Lugia, Palkia, Dialga, Resharim, Zekrom, Yveltal, Zygarde, Regigigas, Cressalia, Heatran) non-mythical and 7 (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Volcanion) mythical pokemon that don't transform, you can still say that transforming legendaries are in the minority, being only 20 out of 53.

Last edited:
Okay, 12 (Latios and Latias can mega evolve, but were omitted from the list, and Zygarde only has different formes in the anime.) non-mythic vs 8 mythic (does the different drives on Genesect REALLY count as forme changes though?) So i am wrong on forme changing mythics outnumbering transforming non-Mythics. Even if we were to declare mega evolutions as not the same as a forme change it doesn't change the outcome, just how wide the gap is. (9 non-mythic vs 7 mythic)
we don't know that zygarde only has formes in the anime--it could be in game

on an article on pokemon.com it says zygarde can't become compete forme YET in ORAS

we don't know that zygarde only has formes in the anime--it could be in game

on an article on pokemon.com it says zygarde can't become compete forme YET in ORAS
Ack, took too long to edit: but while that is true, i'm thinking about stuff obtainable in-game. Also: has anyone found additional stat spreads where alternate Zygarde formes would go, similar to how we found out about Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B (and iirc, Hoopa-U) via datamining?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Zygarde's Formes seems to be the biggest piece of evidence that a Pokémon Z was planned at some point, but it could also be that it will work its way into Alola. The info on the Zygarde-Cells on the official website seems to indicate that you walk through the region with a Zygarde-Core, picking up scattered cells and eventually complete Zygarde. Doing this in Kalos seems to be the most natural thing, but they may have decided to do it in Alola instead. I guess we will see when the game is out. Having a previous-gen legendary with such an extensive sidequest is unprecedented, also it feels like the Gen VII legendaries are pushed a little out on the sidelines as of now.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ack, took too long to edit: but while that is true, i'm thinking about stuff obtainable in-game. Also: has anyone found additional stat spreads where alternate Zygarde formes would go, similar to how we found out about Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B (and iirc, Hoopa-U) via datamining?
Nothing of the sort has been found, we only found Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves. Very likely that we'll have to wait for Pokemon Sun and Moon to come out till we figure out whats up with the Zygarde formes.

Zygarde's Formes seems to be the biggest piece of evidence that a Pokémon Z was planned at some point, but it could also be that it will work its way into Alola. The info on the Zygarde-Cells on the official website seems to indicate that you walk through the region with a Zygarde-Core, picking up scattered cells and eventually complete Zygarde. Doing this in Kalos seems to be the most natural thing, but they may have decided to do it in Alola instead. I guess we will see when the game is out. Having a previous-gen legendary with such an extensive sidequest is unprecedented, also it feels like the Gen VII legendaries are pushed a little out on the sidelines as of now.
This is the main reason why I don't think we will see anything related to Pokemon Z in SuMo. It can't fit in the main narrative or it would risk overshadowing the new legendaries... The ones on the boxes, while putting it off til the end seems a bit more elaborate than most endgame sidequests, barring The Lost Item in BW2 and the Delta Episode. (Maybe if they do a third gen 7 game though?)

It is highly likely they had made plans for it, but somewhere before coding the new pokemon into the game they decided against it for whatever reason. (Maybe they couldn't figure out an eloquent way to make the mechanic work or something.) The fact that Zygarde formes are in the anime does make it seem even more likely, since it would be drawing upon concepts and things made in the design process. Heck, perhaps they drafted the entire Kalos story arc with the XY&Z storyline before the change, and decided to keep it in because... Well, where else would the story have gone during that? From what I've heard the arc is a good one, so good call.

This is the main reason why I don't think we will see anything related to Pokemon Z in SuMo. It can't fit in the main narrative or it would risk overshadowing the new legendaries... The ones on the boxes, while putting it off til the end seems a bit more elaborate than most endgame sidequests, barring The Lost Item in BW2 and the Delta Episode. (Maybe if they do a third gen 7 game though?)

It is highly likely they had made plans for it, but somewhere before coding the new pokemon into the game they decided against it for whatever reason. (Maybe they couldn't figure out an eloquent way to make the mechanic work or something.) The fact that Zygarde formes are in the anime does make it seem even more likely, since it would be drawing upon concepts and things made in the design process. Heck, perhaps they drafted the entire Kalos story arc with the XY&Z storyline before the change, and decided to keep it in because... Well, where else would the story have gone during that? From what I've heard the arc is a good one, so good call.
What about Ash-Greninja? Did we every figure that one out?

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Considering the marketing blitz going on for the Zygarde formes and Ash Greninja in the form of merchandising, TCG, and the anime, I'd be really shocked if the Zygarde formes and Ash Greninja didn't make an appearance in Pokemon Sun and Moon, especially if they're basically leftovers from an aborted Pokemon Z.

I'm guessing that for stuff like Complete Zygarde and Ash Greninja (btw I highly doubt they're gonna call it that ingame lol), they will be involved in post game quests rather than the main story (though I can totaly see Zygarde Core being given as a gift in the main storyline)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
What about Ash-Greninja? Did we every figure that one out?
Figure out what? If you mean if its something that we can do in Sun & Moon than no, we still don't know if the process is something that'll be in the new games or if it's just something in the anime so Ash didn't need to be given a Mega Pokemon. I personally think it's just the latter, while its an interesting idea if you had a Pokemon take traits from its trainer in a power-up form, if Ash-Greninja is the benchmark for it, I don't think its necessary when we have Mega Evolutions which is a more drastic change. Also what Pokemon will receive it will probably be limited, only an option to popular Pokemon for it to worth the effort. Maybe if they ever make Megas for the Gen VI Starters they can be cheeky and have Mega Greninja have aspects of Ash-Greninja on it.

However I have been thinking, if those are Key Stones why do the ones in Alola look different than the ones in Kalos & Hoenn? Surely they wouldn't just change the design of them just because its a new region, there must be something about these Key Stones which act differently than the ones we've gotten before (and being there are two different color crystals that further adds to the mystery). And any theory I think up adds complications that would make keeping this feature into future games difficult.

Sol-Ga-Leo
=> sun-GA-lion

Luna-La
=> moon-LA

GA + LA + XY = Galaxy

I'm predicting there to be a third legendary related to these two with an "xy" in its name or maybe we are just going back to Kalos.
Might also be somehow linked to DeoXYs, since that thing is already related to space and has lost its event only status in ORAS.

EDIT: Deoxys is the "DNA Pokemon". What part of Pokémon famously shows a DNA string? Correct, Mega Evolution.

EDIT2: Which Pokémon originally changed its form temporarily by touching a stone? Correct, Deoxys.

EDIT3: Where do Mega Stones come from? Meteorites... Deoxys changes its form by touching Meteorites...

EDIT4: Rayquaza ate a meteorite...

EDIT5: The original place where Solrock and Lunatone (sun and moon) could be caught was what? Correct, Meteor Falls.

EDIT6: Was it ever explained in "Pokémon" lore where evolutionary stones (Fire Stone, Moon Stone, Sun Stone, Leaf Stone, etc...) come from?

EDIT7: The XY description for Anistar City says: "Some say the enigmatic device used as a sundial came from outer space."
...and according to a Hex Maniac in Anistar City, moondials also exist.
...Anistar City's Gym is a Psychic-type Gym where you fight in a place that looks like outer space.
...Anistar City's Gym Leader, Olympia, resembles Lunala (imo).

Last edited:
A little late to the party, and I don't know if this has been pointed out, but the OT for the recent shiny Yveltal event is XYZ, which is odd, especially considering that the OTs for earlier events this year (like the Mew and Jirachi events) are GF, and the Manaphy event going on currently also has an OT of GF. It seems a little odd, and to me points to a canceled Pokemon Z. Why not just have an OT of XY? It seems like an obvious, safe choice. I didn't get the shiny Xerneas, so I can't tell you about that OT, but I'm guessing it'll also be XYZ. It's just a little thing, but it's one I think is just another scrap of evidence for the case of "Pokemon Z was canceled".

Sol-Ga-Leo
=> sun-GA-lion

Luna-La
=> moon-LA

GA + LA + XY = Galaxy

I'm predicting there to be a third legendary related to these two with an "xy" in its name or maybe we are just going back to Kalos.
Might also be somehow linked to DeoXYs, since that thing is already related to space and has lost its event only status in ORAS.

EDIT: Deoxys is the "DNA Pokemon". What part of Pokémon famously shows a DNA string? Correct, Mega Evolution.

EDIT2: Which Pokémon originally changed its form temporarily by touching a stone? Correct, Deoxys.

EDIT3: Where do Mega Stones come from? Meteorites... Deoxys changes its form by touching Meteorites...

EDIT5: The original place where Solrock and Lunatone (sun and moon) could be caught was what? Correct, Meteor Falls.

Was it ever explained in "Pokémon" lore where evolutionary stones (Fire Stone, Moon Stone, Sun Stone, Leaf Stone, etc...) come from?
Iirc, it was previously mentioned in this thread that ala is Spanish for the word wing, and given that Lunala is a moon bat... It does fit the name. It was also pointed out earlier that Galeo is similar to Galileo. Not sure how that fits into your theory, but still: Given the name "Marshadow" was found in the same group of trademarks as Solgaleo and Lunala (spelled with 3 As) that would most likely mean a 4th legendary then, which would be neat and signal a more robust postgame vs Gen 6

Or it means Half-Life 3 confirmed.

A little late to the party, and I don't know if this has been pointed out, but the OT for the recent shiny Yveltal event is XYZ, which is odd, especially considering that the OTs for earlier events this year (like the Mew and Jirachi events) are GF, and the Manaphy event going on currently also has an OT of GF. It seems a little odd, and to me points to a canceled Pokemon Z. Why not just have an OT of XY? It seems like an obvious, safe choice. I didn't get the shiny Xerneas, so I can't tell you about that OT, but I'm guessing it'll also be XYZ. It's just a little thing, but it's one I think is just another scrap of evidence for the case of "Pokemon Z was canceled".
Xerneus was also OT XYZ, however I don't think it's that weird. Also, they most likely could have changed the OT anytime up until the last minute, so I don't think this particular event signifies that there was intended to be a Pokemon Z. It's a possibility that pokemon Z was in the works and got scrapped, but the fact that zygarde 100% features colors from both XY and SuMo hints at the fact that he was meant to tie 6th and 7th gen together from his conception. I could be completely wrong though.

Lunala is basically luna-ala moon-wing in Spanish they really went full romance languages with these legends, all across mesoamerica the bats where the one that brought the night, or rather the ones that announced it was coming since in some myths the moon and sun where Gods that sacrificed themselves, in one there where 5 suns, in others they where twins one was beat up so badly and was hit with a rabbit so hard it still shows the scars and the rabbit, the bat most prominent role was showing mankind how to perform sacrifices.

In contrast to Jaguars being beings of war and having one of the levels of the underworld composed entirely of them. Solgaleo is a lion so I doubt they would go full mesoamerica on him.

Also the GA in solGAleo refers to an element, it is commonly used to measure temperature, it makes sense with a Pokemon based on an alchemy symbol that also works as a Solar panel.

Xerneus was also OT XYZ, however I don't think it's that weird. Also, they most likely could have changed the OT anytime up until the last minute, so I don't think this particular event signifies that there was intended to be a Pokemon Z. It's a possibility that pokemon Z was in the works and got scrapped, but the fact that zygarde 100% features colors from both XY and SuMo hints at the fact that he was meant to tie 6th and 7th gen together from his conception. I could be completely wrong though.
it was because they were made to promote the new series- XYZ
EDIT: I have the Zygarde event too, it is also XYZ. XYZ is for the pokemon released as those for the new anime series, whilde GF is the 20th anniversary ones
EDIT2:
Lunala is basically luna-ala moon-wing in Spanish they really went full romance languages with these legends, all across mesoamerica the bats where the one that brought the night, or rather the ones that announced it was coming since in some myths the moon and sun where Gods that sacrificed themselves, in one there where 5 suns, in others they where twins one was beat up so badly and was hit with a rabbit so hard it still shows the scars and the rabbit, the bat most prominent role was showing mankind how to perform sacrifices.

In contrast to Jaguars being beings of war and having one of the levels of the underworld composed entirely of them. Solgaleo is a lion so I doubt they would go full mesoamerica on him.

Also the GA in solGAleo refers to an element, it is commonly used to measure temperature, it makes sense with a Pokemon based on an alchemy symbol that also works as a Solar panel.
yes, its Gallium, the solar panel is the absorbing light thing, and the alchemic symbol is "the lion that eats the sun" an alchemic symbol for transmuting metals. Pokemon should make this as a pokemon

Last edited:
No Nina Tucker "Edward..." joke yet? Internet I'm disappointed.

Sigh I just hope the Rotom doesn't go full Navi, I mean the twist in XY of the Holo thingy being used to track activity was cool and I like that GF tries to innovate every generation with their UI...but I just hope they don't push the gimmick too hard and force us to talk to our 3ds to unlock stuff or perform weird shit for a good reward ingame.

I mean it's a kid game and this little perks are interesting when you are a kid but I don't really want to have Rotom telling me that I should "listen" nor make silly faces to a 3ds camera with issues to recognize the eyes.

Sol-Ga-Leo
=> sun-GA-lion

Luna-La
=> moon-LA

GA + LA + XY = Galaxy

Was it ever explained in "Pokémon" lore where evolutionary stones (Fire Stone, Moon Stone, Sun Stone, Leaf Stone, etc...) come from?
Mario Galaxy 3 confirmed?

Am I the only one worried about Lunala speed ties deciding games? It's already bad enough this year with groudon in vgc but with his signature most likely ghost move ignoring abilities (thus shadow shield for 4x damage) it may come down to who gets lucky in winning the speed tie to Ohko the opposing Lunala

Mario Galaxy 3 confirmed?
If, somehow, Super Mario Galaxy 3 was a release game for the Nintendo NX, my faith in video gaming will be restored.

Am I the only one worried about Lunala speed ties deciding games? It's already bad enough this year with groudon in vgc but with his signature most likely ghost move ignoring abilities (thus shadow shield for 4x damage) it may come down to who gets lucky in winning the speed tie to Ohko the opposing Lunala
That's half the fun! Also it's such an obvious move choice so you would just switch to your Arceus to tank it.

With all the Hawaii theme and all those islands out there with hotels and resorts?? will this be one of the most complete pokemon games in relation with post main story content??

i am excited of how well those resorts will be used for battling purposes

With all the Hawaii theme and all those islands out there with hotels and resorts?? will this be one of the most complete pokemon games in relation with post main story content??

i am excited of how well those resorts will be used for battling purposes
I surely hope so. Even with Delta Episode in ORAS, I don't feel like they've recently invested a lot in post-game content that's not related to breeding/battling. When was the last time (other than Delta Episode) that we had a good post-game content (Looker doesn't count, it was too short IMO)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)