Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beg your pardon, did you just call Multiscale useless?
Useless on a Pokemon that's speculated to be extremely fragile and multiple 4x weakness as opposed to just not giving him a shitty typing? Shadow shield useless yes im not referring to multi scale. They clearly realized they goofed and made something that couldn't surive anything and it's just a recovery mechanism to help fix th Problem with it

I just realised from the QR Code page....

So, I foresee that some people will gather the QR codes for all Pokemon and then it'll just take effort of scanning +720 QR codes to complete the Pokedex now? Or...?
"Registering" has come to mean seen in the recent games. I'm thinking this is likely just seeing the Pokemon for yourself. Highly doubt they'd turn completing the Pokedex into something so simple.

Wait, how do we know everything in the trailer has 0 IVs? Is it also 0 EVs and if so how do we know?
We known Gengar's BST already. HP at Level 50 is BST + Level + (IVs + EVs) /2 + 10. That means Gengar has an HP IV of 0 and EVs of 0. Admittedly, I might have made that conclusion a little prematurely since I thought we saw Sala's HP, but considering the precedent for pokemon in promotions having the same EVs and IVs, its very likely 152.

"Registering" has come to mean seen in the recent games. I'm thinking this is likely just seeing the Pokemon for yourself. Highly doubt they'd turn completing the Pokedex into something so simple.

We known Gengar's BST already. HP at Level 50 is BST + Level (IVs + EVs) /2 + 10. That means Gengar has an HP IV of 0 and EVs of 0. Admittedly, I might have made that conclusion a little prematurely since I thought we saw Sala's HP, but considering the precedent for pokemon in promotions having the same EVs and IVs, its very likely 152.
I'm tempted to say it's 150 with a couple EVs or IVs just because rounded number... but considering how bloody weird Xerneas and Yveltal's stats were it's not that grand a prospect.
Jesus though, it actually has 152...

Excusing the primals and mega Ray who get 100 extra BP for free, Xerneas is the single most powerful cover legendary ever created. Gamefreak probably wanted to dial the power creep back a little.

Lunala looks pretty solid, I feel. Defensively, that typing is pretty atrocious. It should be offensively too, but Moongeist Beam or whatever it's called could be amazing. Ghost STAB is great offensively and mostly inhibited by the highest BP move being Shadow Ball. If this move is 100 BP or so, it's gonna rock. Stat distribution and movepool are going to determine a lot, imo. If it can join Lugia in escaping the base 90-100 speed quagmire cover legendaries have been wading in and get something like Roost or Recover (seems reasonable) I think it'll be solid. Sincerely doubting we have another Kyurem situation on our hands.

Someone noticed that all the Pokemon featured in this trailer all had 0 IVs, just like how most ORAS screenshots had 100 HP EVs with 31 IVs. This means that Solgaleo's HP is likely base 152(!!!). If Lunala gets that, the only thing stopping it is Yveltal.
xerneas is only op because of geomancy, even without geomancy it's still a much better and more viable legend than reshiram and zekrom which are insanely underwhelming. (Albeit I zekroms defense if groudon wasn't so centralized it would be somewhat viable). Why no mention of yveltal? I did mention both as a group

Horyay! I was right about the rival prediction! If I go on this streak we'll get that unicorn legendary for sure. It seems like he'll be nice so far, but no idea.

GameFreak having fun with the professors these last few years, this guy is pretty hot laid back considering his outfit. I like it though.

I feel like Solgaleo would of been better as Steel/Electric, but Steel/Psychic is fine. Lunala's typing is excellent, Ghost/Steel fits perfectly.

Also, definitely being the male PC now. The hat for the female PC is horrible.

Horyay! I was right about the rival prediction! If I go on this streak we'll get that unicorn legendary for sure. It seems like he'll be nice so far, but no idea.

GameFreak having fun with the professors these last few years, this guy is pretty hot laid back considering his outfit. I like it though.

I feel like Solgaleo would of been better as Steel/Electric, but Steel/Psychic is fine. Lunala's typing is excellent, Ghost/Steel fits perfectly.

Lunala is psychic/ghost and steel/electric would have been terrible. More fish for primal Gordon to fry as if it didn't wreck most ubers already.

Lunala is psychic/ghost and steel/electric would have been terrible. More fish for primal Gordon to fry as if it didn't wreck most ubers already.
Well there's me already forgetting things. Thanks for the reminder. :) That's what happens when you leave the computer for 10 minutes while writing.

Reactions: Mq

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Excusing the primals and mega Ray who get 100 extra BP for free, Xerneas is the single most powerful cover legendary ever created. Gamefreak probably wanted to dial the power creep back a little.
R/S Kyogre

I'm a fan of Solgaleo, but Lunala has a ton of potential going for it. Hopefully gamefreak doesn't screw it up

Psychic/Ghost is a meh defensive typing, although it's not all that bad since it only has 2 weaknesses. All of this changes with the fact that it gets Multiscale, which, if combined with solid offensive prowess (not that hard to do since it's a Ghost type) can make it really dangerous. It's also likely to learn Moonblast, which would complement its Ghost STAB really well. Now a lot of this is just speculation of course, but Multiscale + potential of a powerful Ghost type just has so much going for it that I can look past its quad weaks and into its potential destructive powers.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Dragon is a dragon reference, Ascent is a flying reference and its a flying type.

Moon is a fairy(?) reference and Geist is ghost, yeah ghost type sounds right to me.
It's either Psychic or ghost type move, as it hit gengar supereffectively in that video

xerneas is only op because of geomancy, even without geomancy it's still a much better and more viable legend than reshiram and zekrom which are insanely underwhelming. (Albeit I zekroms defense if groudon wasn't so centralized it would be somewhat viable). Why no mention of yveltal? I did mention both as a group
It's still an aspect of the Pokemon, something Game Freak is likely considering as part of the whole since its a signature attack. Yveltal sadly kind of gets dragged into this from Xerneus's insanity. Solgaleo's typing almost seems like a love letter to fans who griped about Xerneus since the best it has against it is HP Fire or Ground.

At any rate, we're viewing this from the perspective of Gen 6 when we have little idea what the field will look like in Gen 7.

RotomDex is a freaking G and one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile.

I wonder if it will be like CosplayChu and be a special Pokemon you get in-Story(please be yes)
At first I was not impressed byt the RotomDex, then I read this.

"It does much more than record Pokémon info—it sparkles with its own personality. The Rotom Pokédex shows your current location and your next destination, and it also gives you advice on where to go next, based on the conversations you have with others!"

Pokemon is a RPG and if RotomDex gives you advice and has it's own personality then it's basically a sidekick/companion character. That's exciting since it is something completely new to the franchise, let's just hope rotomdex doesn't turn out to be a Navi spamming you with "Hey!" at all times x_x.

This smile needs to be protected!!!!!!

Do the old Pokémon like Salamence and Gengar have their old models/animations?

As I am 100% satisfied with the XY-animations (all of them, really!) I wouldn't mind. I'm just curious.

Do the old Pokémon like Salamence and Gengar have their old models/animations?

As I am 100% satisfied with the XY-animations (all of them, really!) I wouldn't mind. I'm just curious.
Well, Salamence and Gengar have been shown to be, so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)