Gen 6 Sandstorm ft. Mega Garchomp

Hello Smogon! NotBruceWayne here with my third RMT. My last RMT didn't get a lot of opinions and feedback, but I hope that this one would be different. This team features Mega Garchomp, pulled directly out of the forum's analyses who is an underrated Mega and wallbreaker. And now, without further ado, here we go!

First, since this was a Sand team, a Sand setter is absolutely necessary (duh). Tyranitar was the Pokemon of choice here as he is a lot more versatile than Hippowdon and hits pretty damn hard too.

Since this team is based on a wallbreaking Mega Garchomp, it is pretty obvious that Garchomp would be here.

I choose Reuniclus purely because of sentimental values. I love this cell-thingy and he sort of fits in because Magic Guard nullifies Sand damage and all that.

Thinking along the lines of Magic Guard, what better Pokemon to build off a defensive core with than Clefable? Aside from being immune to Sand, Clefable is a pretty good overall special wall.

The other side of the spectrum, Skarmory was my physical wall of choice. He also benefits from Sand, set up hazards, phaze and all that good stuff.

With my team being relatively slow, I needed a really fast revenge killer who could benefit from the stuff Mega Chomp dents. Talonflame being the best revenge killer in OU imo was the best choice.

Reuniclus proved to be a liability most games rather than an asset (Been a while since I've updated the OP but yeah). Trick Room has cost me some games because no one really benefits other than Reuniclus. As suggested,
Greninja has replaced Reuniclus

Skarmory suffers from a really bad case of 4MSS and has turned in several subpar performances. Timpsu suggested Slowbro, which checks Mamoswine and the rare CB Terrakion.

Skarmory took my precious hazard control with him, so I had to find a replacement. Excadrill was the pokemon of choice here btw. YAY FOR ANIMATED SPRITES!

THE TEAM:

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest Leftovers
Ability:
Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SAtk
Sassy Nature
- Fire Blast Ice Beam
- Crunch Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake Pursuit
Possessing a massive 134 Attack and 110/100 Defenses, Tyranitar is a monster that can fulfill a variety of roles. In this case, as a bulky pivot. Assault Vest gives him ~582 SDef (assuming my calcs are correct) and could eat a special attacks for days and retaliate for massive damage.
Replaced Fire Blast with Ice Beam to nail Gliscor and co. Pursuit has been awesome.
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 169-200 (41.8 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

EVs allow TTar to OHKO Lati@s with Pursuit on switch with SR.
160 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 276-326 (91.3 - 107.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
note that Pursuit has the same BP as Crunch when switching out, hence Crunch was used for the calc.
96 SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 296-352 (84 - 100%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I miss the ability to setup SR, but the flexibility of the set makes up for it. Replaced AV with Lefies, TTar now sets up SR and has been awesome really.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability:
Rough Skin
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Some people would say "it's a waste of the Mega slot" or "there are better Megas" and I agree with them to some degree. But the wallbreaking power of Mega Garchomp is more than enough to reason to use it. One of the most underrated Megas out there, the raw power he has is absolutely outstanding. Sand Force gives his EdgeQuake combination even more muscle. EVs are pulled directly out of the forum and imo could use some tweaking. Here's how he fares against some bulky OU Pokemon. (Sorry if I calc for spreads that don't exist or unviable, like the Landorus-T one. I don't really know what EVs are used in some walls so please bear with me.)
32 SpA Mega Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 336-396 (95.4 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
32 SpA Mega Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 202-238 (52.8 - 62.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
224+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey in Sand: 510-601 (71.4 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
224+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sand: 373-439 (52.9 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
224+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield in Sand: 396-468 (122.2 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability:
Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 160 SDef / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
Replacing Greninja is Scarf Excadrill. He now provides hazard support and could dish out some pain if needed to. Speed EVs + Scarf put me just a point ahead of Timid Thundy (who has 353 Speed). SDef EVs allow me to survive Hydro Pump from Defensive variants of Rotom-W, provided that they don't invest in SpA of course. No need to invest in HP because Excadrill has a decent HP stat.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability:
Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
I've been turned into a believer. Despite the average stats, Clefable is the glue of this team, providing valuable Wish support and Aromatherapy. She keeps TTar, Reuniclus and Garchomp healthy so the can deal more damage. She also functions as a status absorber because of her Magic Guard ability. My usual switch in to Aegislash whom she does wall quite well when not carrying a Steel move.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability:
Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Slack Off
As suggested by Timpsu, Slowbro has replaced Skarmory as the teams physical wall. Regenerator allows him to sponge attacks (mostly Fighting and Ice) and shrug off the damage. The moveset is pretty standard with Scald as the main STAB of choice and the burn chance is always handy. Toxic gives me a way to deal damage on those that I can't really touch like opposing bulky Waters. Ice Beam ice for Dragons.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability:
Gale Wings
EVs: 208 Spd / 252 Atk / 48 HP
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Steel Wing Will-o-Wisp
I built a team that hits hard but is really slow. What I needed to complete the team was a fast Pokemon that could clean up the pieces that TTar and Mega Chomp leave behind. So the best choice was the best revenge killer / late-game sweeper in OU, Talonflame. Choice Band gives him just enough mojo to be a really good late game cleaner with priority Brave Bird. EVs are enough to outspeed Jolly Mega Pinsir iirc (or was it Jolly Excadrill). Steel Wing is a coverage move, hitting TTar who is a common switch in for SE damage. Replaced Steel Wing with Will-o-wisp. Pretty weird, but still does the job well. Considering Tailwind as well. Currently testing Tailwind. Wisp has been more consistent. Sticking with it now

Thank you for reading all the way through! Below are some replays and the importable section of the post so feel free to take the team out for a spin and give a rate! Again, thank you!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-99081666
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-90980150
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-90306035

I used to have CB Crobat in place of Talonflame, and he fulfilled a similar role.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-89933818
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-89531589

Replay/s with changes made on 3/20
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-105335636

Replay/s with changes made on 4/10
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-107821768

-- Only recorded match I have and still low on the ladder. Currently at high 1300s 1400s. Will get more replays soon

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SAtk
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-o-Wisp

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 160 SDef / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Slack Off

I think my team is pretty weak on the physical side:
  • Mamoswine is a key threat as it only Skarmory could take a hit from it. Tyranitar could also be used unless Mamo carries Superpower
  • I think Breloom is a notable threat as well despite having Talonflame on the team because no one can absorb Spore. Of course having a Spore absorber isn't mandatory for any team but it sucks.
  • I'd mention Bisharp here as well as again, only Skarmory is willing to switch in on LO boosted Knock Off -- Bisharp just became a bigger threat with the addition of Slowbro. Haven't encountered a lot of it. TTar can usually tank a few hits but can't do anything in return. Talonflame must be at full health to tank a Sucker Punch and OHKO with Flare Blitz. Garchomp deals with Bisharp accordingly, but takes significant damage in the process
I'd add more when I come across other notable threats.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability:
Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
Standard OTR Reuniclus. Removes fast Pokemon that threaten my team. TR is an absolute pain in the butt for fast teams and Reuniclus has enough muscle to abuse under TR. Mandibuzz walls the set though, and can threaten with Knock Off but otherwise, the coverage that Psyshock / Focus Blast / Shadow Ball provides is great. LO amplifies his power even further but I'm really considering Leftovers on this one or even replacing him. REPLACED BY GRENINJA

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd

Impish Nature
- Roost
- Roar
- Brave Bird
- Defog
One of the best Physical walls in the Game, Skarm here removes hazards from the field and discourages physical attackers from attacking her with Rocky Helmet. Roar is a valuable asset, phazing out any setup sweeper trying to get enough boost to muscle past Skarm. Roost is a mandatory recovery move and is amazing alongside Rocky Helmet.
REPLACED BY SLOWBRO

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability:
Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-
Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
As suggested by Dirty Bum, Greninja has replaced Reuniclus. As much as I love that green blob thingy, no one in my team benefits from Trick Room. Greninja here provides better coverage and is useful at all parts of the game albeit being frailer than Reuniclus. Moveset is pretty standard with Extrasensory used to deal with Mega Venusaur if Talonflame is out. REPLACED BY EXCADRILL

CURRENTLY TESTING: None atm

Last edited:
Not the best person to rate your team but Whirlwind is greater than Roar on Skarmory for the sake of bypassing Soundproof with all of the benefits that roar has. Perhaps you can add Superpower, Ice Beam, or Pursuit for T-tar. You have enough Fire type attacks it seems and no answer to Gliscor so a surprise Ice Beam is in your favour. Pursuit is for trapping LAti@s who your team doesn't appreciate at all.

I recommend:
Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability:
Sand Stream
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SAtk / 252 HP
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

I like the team as a whole though.

0 Speed IVs might be recommended for T-tar and Clefable just in case you're stuck in trick room.

Last edited:
Thanks ChaosKi! Landorus-T and Gliscor have been giving me problems since Mega Chomp can't muscle past them without taking significant damage. There have also been instances where TR has been a problem. I'll try 0 Speed IV's and Ice Beam as well. Again, thanks for the rate!!

Keep the rates coming guys!

No problem. The idea is to bait them in with Tar then smack em with it.

176 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 376-444 (106.2 - 125.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

176 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 356-420 (93.1 - 109.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

However...

0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 192-228 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- 83.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 360-426 (89.1 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Lando is a bit more problematic than I initially thought, Rocks would help and may help to secure other KO's for Reuniclus and Mega-Chomp, but you don't want to stretch your teammates thin.

Hey there! Nice team. (Your signature brought me here)

Firstly, as you've stated, reuniclus is the odd man out. Trick room doesn't benifit your team besides tyranitar, and even then it's not worth it. It does however, allow you to get rid off M-venasaur and provide psychic stab. I also noticed you don't have a resistance to water, while having 2 mons weak to it. All this considered, I would suggest using
Greninja > Reuniclus. With the set below, your team will have once again, a strong psychic STAB, but it will now also have a water resist and a Water STAB.

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- Hydro Pump

Next, I would suggest using Will-O-Wisp > Steel Wing on Talonflame. Now, I know it sounds odd on a banded set, but with the speed that talon has, it allows you to surprise physical attackers, and cripple them. Steel wing isn't that great of a coverage move, as your not going to want to stay in against rock types anyway.

Other than that, I can see this team functioning great in the current meta.
Good Day to you sir~

Hey there! Nice team. (Your signature brought me here)

Firstly, as you've stated, reuniclus is the odd man out. Trick room doesn't benifit your team besides tyranitar, and even then it's not worth it. It does however, allow you to get rid off M-venasaur and provide psychic stab. I also noticed you don't have a resistance to water, while having 2 mons weak to it. All this considered, I would suggest using
Greninja > Reuniclus. With the set below, your team will have once again, a strong psychic STAB, but it will now also have a water resist and a Water STAB.

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- Hydro Pump

Next, I would suggest using Will-O-Wisp > Steel Wing on Talonflame. Now, I know it sounds odd on a banded set, but with the speed that talon has, it allows you to surprise physical attackers, and cripple them. Steel wing isn't that great of a coverage move, as your not going to want to stay in against rock types anyway.

Other than that, I can see this team functioning great in the current meta.
Good Day to you sir~
Thanks for the rate! Never thought about Greninja. I'll definitely replace Reuniclus now. Also, good call about Talonflame. I'm thinking about Tailwind on the last slot as well. But Will-o-Wisp sounds fine too.

Again, thank you! Edited the OP with both ChaosKi and Dirty Bum's changes!

CB Talonflame and AV Tyranitar... Aegislash is gonna have a field day with King's Shield if you lose Garchomp early.

Number of Pokemon having Weaknesses and Resistances:

4x Resist - 2x Resist - Immune - 2x Weak - 4x Weak
Bug21020
Dark03000
Dragon01110
Electric00130
Fairy02030
Fighting02011
Fire04010
Flying02000
Ghost02000
Grass20020
Ground00210
Ice01001
Normal02000
Poison02110
Psychic01200
Rock01001
Steel03020
Water01020

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/typeanalysis.php

This chart (bear being big) says that you are especially weak to Fairy, Water, and Electric, and I can see it all. You might want to consider that...

Last edited:
CB Talonflame and AV Tyranitar... Aegislash is gonna have a field day with King's Shield if you lose Garchomp early.

Number of Pokemon having Weaknesses and Resistances:

4x Resist - 2x Resist - Immune - 2x Weak - 4x Weak
Bug21020
Dark03000
Dragon01110
Electric00130
Fairy02030
Fighting02011
Fire04010
Flying02000
Ghost02000
Grass20020
Ground00210
Ice01001
Normal02000
Poison02110
Psychic01200
Rock01001
Steel03020
Water01020

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/typeanalysis.php

This chart (bear being big) says that you are especially weak to Fairy, Water, and Electric, and I can see it all. You might want to consider that...
Thanks for the rate thym4n! Fairies actually haven't been a real issue for now, but now that you've mentioned it I'll address that problem later. Electric types on the other hand, could be dealt with using correct switching with Garchomp. Water types are the real problem imo as my only resist is Greninja who is frail as shit. I'm thinking about replacing Skarmory with Ferrothorn to address the Water and Electric weakness.

The only Fairy that I've had trouble with is Offensive CM Clefable because my main wallbreakers Garchomp and Tyranitar are easily KOd after a few boosts. Any concrete suggestions on how to deal with this abomination from Mt. Moon?

Hey! I decided to have a look at the team also, and give some of my opinions on it.

Unlike the few people above me, I think that an Assault Vest Tyranitar is more of an overkill than anything else. Even though it does take special attacks considerably well, it can't recover from those hits at all, so I believe that a set maxing physical defense with Leftovers works great as utility pivot that can take hits from both sides of the spectrum. Smooth Rock could also be an option, to give M-Garchomp more opportunities to abuse its awesome ability. Second reason why I would nominate that set is that your team really needs a SR setter, because the chip damage it provides is often invaluable. As for the additional moves, you can run whatever you like really, as Tyranitar is also a great lure. Another option for SR setter could be Skarmory, but Skarmory always suffers from 4MSS, so it can be hard to find room for it. As for Talonflame, I seriously advocate for trying out Tailwind, as it leaves you a possibility to use M-Garchomp as a lategame sweeper.

Even though not as prelevalent as before, I can see Banded Terrakion giving your team a good deal problems. It is guaranteed to 2HKO your Skarmory with Close Combat after SR, and it has a 20% chance of 2HKOing with Stone Edge. The main problem is that even with SR factored in, Talonflame's Brave Bird won't kill Terrakion, so he's something you should watch out for. When it comes to Clefable, your best bet really is to come in with Talonflame as soon as Clefable comes, and start blasting with Brave Birds. Brave Bird is almost guaranteed (98% chance) to 2HKO a 252/252+ Clefable, where as Clefable usually doesn't carry coverage besides Flamethrower, so Talonflame should be able to take care of her. I don't think I have anything else to add really, gl with the team!

Hey! I decided to have a look at the team also, and give some of my opinions on it.

Unlike the few people above me, I think that an Assault Vest Tyranitar is more of an overkill than anything else. Even though it does take special attacks considerably well, it can't recover from those hits at all, so I believe that a set maxing physical defense with Leftovers works great as utility pivot that can take hits from both sides of the spectrum. Smooth Rock could also be an option, to give M-Garchomp more opportunities to abuse its awesome ability. Second reason why I would nominate that set is that your team really needs a SR setter, because the chip damage it provides is often invaluable. As for the additional moves, you can run whatever you like really, as Tyranitar is also a great lure. Another option for SR setter could be Skarmory, but Skarmory always suffers from 4MSS, so it can be hard to find room for it. As for Talonflame, I seriously advocate for trying out Tailwind, as it leaves you a possibility to use M-Garchomp as a lategame sweeper.

Even though not as prelevalent as before, I can see Banded Terrakion giving your team a good deal problems. It is guaranteed to 2HKO your Skarmory with Close Combat after SR, and it has a 20% chance of 2HKOing with Stone Edge. The main problem is that even with SR factored in, Talonflame's Brave Bird won't kill Terrakion, so he's something you should watch out for. When it comes to Clefable, your best bet really is to come in with Talonflame as soon as Clefable comes, and start blasting with Brave Birds. Brave Bird is almost guaranteed (98% chance) to 2HKO a 252/252+ Clefable, where as Clefable usually doesn't carry coverage besides Flamethrower, so Talonflame should be able to take care of her. I don't think I have anything else to add really, gl with the team!
Thanks for the rate! I haven't run into CB Terrakion yet, but now that you've mentioned it I'll look out for those and modify the team accordingly. Skarmory has been sucking a lot as a physical wall. I've actually be thinking about replacing him. I'll also follow your advice and test Lefties + SR on Ttar but I don't know which move to replace. Pursuit has been clutch for me in some games where the Latis threaten my Garchomp but the consistency of Crunch is too hard to pass up. Ice Beam also grabs surprise KOs on Gliscors as well.

Again, thanks for the rate!

EDIT: After some calcs, I've opted to stay with AV TTar

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 195-229 (48.2 - 56.6%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO
versus
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 129-153 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 91.1% chance to 3HKO

Looking to replace Skarmory now. Maybe something that stops Terrakion and / or Mamoswin cold in their tracks.

Last edited:
i see adding in ferdothorn would be a nice defensive pact with tyranitar. it could use seed support, as you team is slightly frail. as for talonflame, i would diwcourage choice band. iit allows aegislash to mess with ytalonflame and ttar (av) to play with king shield.

Hey! Not to neuter your calcs or anything, but I don't think Choice Specs Latios is the most relevant Pokemon to measure your special bulk. I checked the statistics, and according to those, every 4th Latios carries Choice Specs, and the higher you get on the ladder, the less Latios carries the item (every fifth or less). Not to even mention that Choice Specs is too much of a Pursuit bait, and loses easily to common Pursuit users. Also, a few turns of Leftovers recovery will pretty much diminish the difference between AV and Leftovers. I think this is the most relevant calc you could make:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 183-216 (45.4 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

After Life Orb and sandstorm damage, he will get killed by Pursuit if he chooses to switch out, and Crunch if he stays in, even with 0 Attack. As for checking Terrakion and Mamoswine, I think it's a tad hard to find a defensive Pokemon to reliably check both of these, unless you go for unorthodox choices such as Bronzong and Cresselia. Fortunately, you have Greninja and Talonflame on your team, who, I think, will work just fine as offensive checks to the aforementioned Pokemon. One possible candidate as a physical or mixed wall could be Slowbro, as he can go against Terrakion and Mamoswine quite well, and he can also alleviate your problem with Water-types. I think he also has decent synergy with Clefable, so there's one option for your team.

Hey! Not to neuter your calcs or anything, but I don't think Choice Specs Latios is the most relevant Pokemon to measure your special bulk. I checked the statistics, and according to those, every 4th Latios carries Choice Specs, and the higher you get on the ladder, the less Latios carries the item (every fifth or less). Not to even mention that Choice Specs is too much of a Pursuit bait, and loses easily to common Pursuit users. Also, a few turns of Leftovers recovery will pretty much diminish the difference between AV and Leftovers. I think this is the most relevant calc you could make:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 183-216 (45.4 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

After Life Orb and sandstorm damage, he will get killed by Pursuit if he chooses to switch out, and Crunch if he stays in, even with 0 Attack. As for checking Terrakion and Mamoswine, I think it's a tad hard to find a defensive Pokemon to reliably check both of these, unless you go for unorthodox choices such as Bronzong and Cresselia. Fortunately, you have Greninja and Talonflame on your team, who, I think, will work just fine as offensive checks to the aforementioned Pokemon. One possible candidate as a physical or mixed wall could be Slowbro, as he can go against Terrakion and Mamoswine quite well, and he can also alleviate your problem with Water-types. I think he also has decent synergy with Clefable, so there's one option for your team.
Never though about Slowbro. I think I'll try that pivot TTar set you mentioned a while back now but I'll just probably swap the AV for Lefties and keep the current spread. I'll calc for more fitting set probably tomorrow though. I'll probably replace Crunch with SR because of the clutch-ness of Pursuit. Thanks again!

One thing I do need to edit though is that I just realized I had forgotten to add SR damage to the calc. Even with SR, you will survive 2 consecutive Draco Meteors, but with SR included in, the maximum damage will be about 93%, whereas without SR it will be about 80%. So you are able to check Latios regardless, but you will most likely be left at very little health. But yeah, feel free to modify the spread to your team, and good that I could be of help!

Hi NotBruceWayne, this is one of the best teams I've seenin a while! It is very well rounded. I love Mega Garchomp as your wallbreaker. One small suggestion is that you use Meinshao instead of Talonflame. I know you're thinking I'm really stupid but Meinshao is a nice Revenge Killer with Fake Out and great Speed. Also, you can have a Regenerator core along with Slobro. This is a great team and I hope I helped!

Hi NotBruceWayne, this is one of the best teams I've seenin a while! It is very well rounded. I love Mega Garchomp as your wallbreaker. One small suggestion is that you use Meinshao instead of Talonflame. I know you're thinking I'm really stupid but Meinshao is a nice Revenge Killer with Fake Out and great Speed. Also, you can have a Regenerator core along with Slobro. This is a great team and I hope I helped!
Tanks Mangojean! Mienshao seems like a solid poke, but Talonflame is a pretty integral part of the team because of one thing; priority Brave Bird. I'd try out Mienshao though, but I'm really skeptical about replacing Talonflame. Thanks for the suggestion though!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)