fixing the PP listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No one actually uses moves without having Max PP ups on them (bar Trump Card), so it would be a good idea to change each one in the database. We could just copy them from veekun anyways.
I think this would really up -- even max -- the quality of our move database and make the points of our information more powerful; it would speed up the use database and prevent it from stalling out as a useful source of data. Even though looking up PP is a rarer use of the Movedex, it's still worth it even if it's only helping three times out of eight.

So yeah, I hate to suggest another menial and boring task but it would really be helpful.

p.s. i use puns because i am incapable of deriving my humor from context, observations, or intextuality

p.p.s. i am shit

Although my say doesn't carry much weight, I would love to see this implemented, and believe I speak for the silent majority of users.

breh

強いだね
you... can't multiply by 8/5? it's not that difficult...

still, listing both is a good idea (something like 10/16 seems good without taking too much space).

The sets are generally meant to be played with on our simulator, which defaults to max pp on every move. This makes less work for our players and is more accurate considering most people use the simulator

And you can just multiply by 5/8

This is too much work for what it is worth (if it is even worth something)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah because ordinary site staff dont have the level of access necessary to fix database shit like this

so more than likely its going to fall on one person to apply this to the hundreds of pokemon moves that exist

feasible, but not a priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)