Metagame Fervent Impersonation

Approved by KaenSoul and Isaiah

Screen Shot 2024-04-05 at 11.51.15 AM.png

Fervent Impersonation

Good artists copy, great artists steal. Will your Pokemon's poor imitation surpass the original?

Pokemon can use their nickname to change into another Pokemon that learns their moveset if they end the turn with 50% or less health. You can change forme into almost any obtainable Pokemon, including alternate formes.

Clauses: Standard OMs (Species Clause is extended to nicknames), Sleep Moves Clause, Nickname Clause (each Pokemon must have no nickname or another Pokemon as nickname)

Banlist
Restricted Pokemon List

Restricted Pokemon may not be added to your team, but may be used as a nickname and become the target of a forme change.
  • :arceus: Arceus (All Forms)
  • :calyrex-ice: Calyrex-Ice
  • :calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
  • :chi-yu: Chi-Yu
  • :chien-pao: Chien-Pao
  • :deoxys: Deoxys
  • :deoxys-attack: Deoxys-Attack
  • :dialga: Dialga
  • :dialga-origin: Dialga-Origin
  • :Espathra: Espathra
  • :eternatus: Eternatus
  • :flutter mane: Flutter Mane
  • :giratina: Giratina
  • :giratina-origin: Giratina-Origin
  • :groudon: Groudon
  • :Ho-oh: Ho-oh
  • :koraidon: Koraidon
  • :kyogre: Kyogre
  • :kyurem-black: Kyurem-Black
  • :kyurem-white: Kyurem-White
  • :lugia: Lugia
  • :lunala: Lunala
  • :Magearna: Magearna
  • :mewtwo: Mewtwo
  • :miraidon: Miraidon
  • :necrozma-dawn-wings: Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
  • :necrozma-dusk-mane: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
  • :Palafin: Palafin
  • :Palafin-Hero: Palafin-Hero
  • :palkia: Palkia
  • :palkia-origin: Palkia-Origin
  • :rayquaza: Rayquaza
  • :regieleki: Regieleki
  • :reshiram: Reshiram
  • :shaymin-sky: Shaymin-Sky
  • :Solgaleo: Solgaleo
  • :terapagos: Terapagos
  • :Urshifu: Urshifu-Single
  • :zacian: Zacian
  • :zacian-Crowned: Zacian-Crowned
  • :zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned
  • :zekrom: Zekrom
Banned Pokemon List
Banned Pokemon may not be added to your team and cannot be used as a Pokemon's nickname, hence are completely unavailable.
  • none

Banned Abilities:
  • Moody
  • Shadow Tag
  • Arena Trap

Banned Moves:
  • :eevee:Baton Pass
  • :Sneasler: Dire Claw
  • :Cyclizar:Shed Tail
  • :houndstone:Last Respects
Banned Items:
  • :kings rock: King's Rock
  • :razor fang: Razor Fang
Watchlist:
Restricted Pokemon:
  • :Annihilape: Annihilape
  • :Baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
  • :Blaziken: Blaziken
  • :Iron Bundle: Iron Bundle
  • :landorus: Landorus-Incarnate
  • :Urshifu: Urshifu-Rapid

Banned Pokemon:
  • :Koraidon: Koraidon
  • :Miraidon: Miraidon
  • :Deoxys-Attack: Deoxys-Attack
  • :Calyrex-Shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
  • :Zacian-Crowned: Zacian-Crowned

Common questions:
Q
: Can I change forme into literally any Pokemon outside of the Banned Pokemon List?
A: No, illegal Pokemon and a few more exceptions are unavailable to change into. Illegal forme include Revavroom-Starmobile, Megas and a few others. Illegal Pokemon include Xerneas, Yveltal, etc.

Q: Can you explain ”forme change” a bit more? Is it like Imposter or the move Transform?
A: No, the transformation mechanic is not the same as the [transformed] state from Imposter or the move Transform. It works like Zygarde-Complete’s transformation, except you change into a different Pokemon rather that Zygarde-Complete.

Q: Can you explain the updated Species Clause a bit more?
A: The updated Species Clause means you cannot have multiple of the same Pokemon, regardless of forme. For example, you can nickname any Pokemon "Kyurem-Black" or "Kyurem-White" but that means you cannot have Kyurem or another Pokemon nicknamed "Kyurem", "Kyurem-Black" or "Kyurem-White". You can however name Kyurem itself "Kyurem-Black" or "Kyurem-White" because you'll only have one Kyurem at any given time. Basically, your nicknames are not allowed to cause your team to break the Species Clause.

Q: Can you explain the new Nickname Clause a bit more?
A: This clause exists to reduce user error. Your Pokemon MUST have either no nickname or the name of another Pokemon as their nickname. In the second case, your Pokemon's moves must be legal on both Pokemon. This clause alongside the Species Clause is enforced in the teambuilder.

Q: What happens when a Pokémon faints before changing formes?
A: No, if your pokemon faints from above 50% HP after an attack and end of turn damage, it will simply faint.

Q: How does the HP stat work after forme change? Why does my Pokemon gain or lose HP?
A: To put it simply, the difference in max HP between your base and invoked mon is added or taken away after transformation. For example, with 252 EVs, max HP Clodsire has 60 more HP than max HP Groudon (464 vs 404). After transformation, 60 HP will be taken away.

Q: What happens if the HP loss due to forme change would result in my Pokemon having less than 0 HP?
A: If a forme change would leave your Pokemon with 0 or less HP, it will be automatically set to 1 instead.

Q: What happens to my Pokemon's Item, EVs and Tera type after forme change?
A: Only Pokemon's base stats, Ability and form will change. Your Pokemon will have the same Item, EVs and Tera type before and after forme change.

Q: What happens to my Pokemon's stat changes and negative statuses after forme change?
A: Nothing. Stat changes, Terastallization and status like Poison, Leech Seed, etc. are not removed.

Q: Can I for change into alternate fomes like Arceus-Fairy or Zacian-Crowned without the Item restrictions?
A: Yes, you can transform into almost any obtainable Pokemon outside of the Banned Pokemon List as long as you give it the nickname and legal moveset.

Q: Is it possible to access signature moves like Judgment and Behemoth Blade at all?
A: Almost all signature moves like Judgment will be unavailable and Iron Head will not change into Behemoth Blade, but there are some exceptions like Entei and Smeargle who can access signature moves.

Q: If I choose to change forme into a Pokemon with two or three abilities, how do I select the one I want?
A: To access the Hidden Ability of the invoked Pokemon, your base Pokemon must have and use its own Hidden Ability. This process also applies for secondary abilities. You can tell which ability is secondary or hidden by looking at its position in the teambuilder.

Q: Will my Pokemon revert back to its original form if it goes back up to >50% HP?
A: No, the forme change is permanent.

Q: What if I run only 1, 2 or 3 moves instead of 4? Will my Pokemon still change forme?
A: Yes, as long as the moveset is legal on your Pokemon and its nickname, it will change forme.

Q: What if the Pokemon forme's name which I want to turn into exceeds the character limit? E.g Ogerpon-Hearthflame, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, etc
A: The hyphen character (-) is not required in your nicknames, which lets you shorten them. Side note but letter capitalisation is also not enforced or required in your nicknames.

Known Issues:
Secondary and Hidden Abilities change into the Primary Ability after a switch.
Example 1: Unaware Clefable changes into Multiscale Dragonite. Dragonite's ability changes from Multiscale to Inner Focus after switch.
Example 2: Magic Guard Clefable changes into Water Absorb Clodsire. Clodsire's ability changes from Water Absorb to Poison Point after switch.

Council

Attachments

Last edited:
Tentative Analysis of Restricted Pokemon

:arceus: One of the best mons. Very versatile and can run a lot of setup set. Has recover as well.
:calyrex-ice: Can run SD + TR. Hard to find a base mon though.
:calyrex-shadow: One of the best offensive mons. Has NP and CM. Respectable bulk. Insane speed and sp atk. Works on offensive Psychics/Ghosts.
:chi-yu: Strongest Fire-type but competes with Arceus-Fire and Reshiram. Has Overheat memes though.
:chien-pao: Probably not that good.
:deoxys: Just use Deo-A.
:deoxys-attack: It's like Caly-S but you have way more attack, more special attack but no bulk. Better than Caly-S for mixed sets. Notably also has hazards.
:dialga: Use Dia-O.
:dialga-origin: Seems alright, quite bulky with good typing, can set rocks and spread twave.
:eternatus: Very good mon. Bulky, fast, amazing coverage with Dragon/Poison/Fire. Also has recover.
:flutter mane: Hard to find a good base mon that wants Shadow Ball + Moonblast. Not quite sure how good this is but has to compete with Arceus and Caly-S.
:giratina: The only defogger in Ubers. High base hp which is very nice. No setup moves but can spread wisp.
:giratina-origin: Similar to normal Giratina but stronger and has Levitate.
:groudon: Can run double hazards (Ting-Lu anyone?). More importantly has Drought which turns on your Protosynthesis mons.
:Ho-oh: Really good mon but not many base mons available for it. Has Regenerator AND Recover. Entei has Sacred Fire if you want to use that move.
:koraidon: Top 3 sweepers available. Might have been too much but it can't run SD + Dragon/Fighting/Fire coverage since no one has it. Still amazing though.
:kyogre: No Origin Pulse and Water Spout is kinda bad. Not many mons have Hydro + Thunder + Ice Beam either.
:kyurem-black: Really good with Baxcalibur but no Fusion Bolt.
:kyurem-white: Kyurem-N but better.
:lugia: Has Psychic Noise and Recover so could go into stall maybe.
:lunala: Seems like a worse Caly-S.
:mewtwo: Also seems like a worse Caly-S but it has Recover.
:miraidon: Very strong target for most Electric types.
:necrozma-dawn-wings: Similar to Lunala. Lack of signature moves is devastating.
:necrozma-dusk-mane: Similar to Solgaleo. Lack of signature moves is devastating.
:Ogerpon-Hearthflame: Don't use this mon.
:Palafin: Don't use this mon.
:Palafin-Hero: Only physical Water type available but it's quite strong and bulky.
:palkia: Use Palkia-O
:palkia-origin: Removes your Water-type's weakness to Grass and Electric.
:rayquaza: Dragonite/Salamence upgrade. Unfortunately Dragon Ascent and V-create are limited which hurts a lot. Also has Espeed.
:regieleki: Seems bad.
:reshiram: Easy forme change because a lot of dragons have flamethrower/fire blast. Removes Ice and Fairy weakness from your Dragon.
:shaymin-sky: Seems mediocre outside of flinch hax.
:Solgaleo: seems mediocre.
:terapagos: Probably a worse Arceus.
:zacian: Use Zacian-C.
:zacian-Crowned: Very strong offensive option. Has SD. Top 5 fastest mon. Godly typing. Only bad thing is choosing the base mon.
:zamazenta-crowned: Good option for Iron Defense + Body Press sets.
:zekrom: Probably a worse Miraidon.

Last edited:
Sample Sets

Koraidon (Blaziken) @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Protect

Mewtwo (Deoxys-Speed) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Initial thoughts:

I'm going to preface this by saying that I wouldn't consider myself as a competitive player. I watch competitive OU sometimes but I wouldn't say I'm an expert in any means. Anyways I think the scariest part of this OM would be setup sweepers. Normally in OU you are able to revenge kill setup sweepers with a slower mon if you can live a hit or by using fast mons. I would imagine most people would choose one of the restricted Pokemon to change into which has higher power than OU mons. This means that it is more difficult to live a boosted hit. On the other hand, most of the legendaries are relatively slow, but there are exceptions like Mewtwo, Arceus, Zacian, Eternatus, Koraidon and Miraidon. I personally think Koraidon, Arceus and Zacian are the best mons to turn into if you're looking to sweep because they are so fast, strong and bulky. On the special side there is Arceus and Mewtwo which has access to the rarer Nasty Plot compared to Swords Dance.

Last edited:
Belly Drum seems absolutely broken and could easily be paired with Extreme Speed and other priority moves. Bulky Pokemon such as Iron Hands nicknamed as Dragonite can abuse this.
Put it on the watchlist.
Both Pokemon need Belly Drum and Extreme Speed in their movesets for this to work I believe

what if your mons have different numbers of abilities? like, what if i wanted to turn landorus-t into a regen ho-oh?
This is answered in the common questions section. Basically, to choose certain abilities, your base mon must choose an ability that's in the same "slot" in the team builder. For example, Ho-oh has one standard ability (Pressure) and one hidden ability (Regenerator). If you want your Pokemon to turn into a Ho-oh with Regenerator, that Pokemon must have a Hidden Ability and use it. This means that Landorus-Therian which only has one standard ability (Intimidate) cannot turn into a Ho-oh with Regenerator.

Another example is Blissey. Blissey has two standard abilities; 1-Natural Cure and 2-Serene Grace as well as a hidden 3-Healer based on the team builder. If you want to form change into a Serene Grace Blissey, your mon must have two standard abilities and choose the second one based on team builder. For example:

:Clefable:
Cute Charm -> Natural Cure
Magic Guard -> Serene Grace
Unaware -> Healer

:Primarina:
Torrent -> Natural Cure
Serene Grace is unavailable
Liquid Voice -> Healer

:Mew:
Synchronize -> Natural Cure
Healer is unavailable

I hope this makes sense.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Q: How does the HP stat work after forme change? Why does my Pokemon gain or lose HP?
A: To put it simply, the difference in max HP between your base and invoked mon is added or taken away after transformation. For example, with 252 EVs, max HP Clodsire has 60 more HP than max HP Groudon (464 vs 404). After transformation, 60 HP will be taken away.
Say no more:

-->
(64% HP after transformation)
Mewtwo (Mimikyu) @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Disguise
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Curse
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Guaranteed one-turn transformation, and with Disguise it's a safe one too! :psysly:

Here's some sets that I think could be good

:Arceus-Fairy: (:Espathra:) @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stored Power

I think Speed Boost should definitely be on the watchlist cause it is just so op and it helps out sweepers immensely.

:Kyurem-Black: (:Baxcalibur:) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Scale Shot
- Iron Head

It's unfortunate that Kyurem doesn't get EQ but this is still pretty good.

:Calyrex-Shadow: (:Magearna:) @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
Tera Type: Fairy
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power

Surprised Magearna isn't on the initial banlist but the metagame doesn't exist yet so that's fine, but this looks pretty good.

:Calyrex-Shadow: (:Spectrier:) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Grim Neigh
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

Lol

:Arceus-Water: (:Iron Bundle:) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ice
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Seems fine I guess, though if the Booster Energy effects transfer to the transformed mon then this could be very good.

:Arceus-Ground: (:Landorus:) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Another possible sweeper that could be fine I guess.

:Necrozma-Dusk Mane: (:Solgaleo:) @ Choice Band
Ability: Full Metal Body
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Psychic Fangs

Very hard hitter. Solgaleo could also just not transform as its pretty strong by itself, and it could use moves like Teleport, Morning Sun, and Flare Blitz.

Gliscor (Chesnaught) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Toxic orb sets can get to half health easier than most, makes gliscor a very notable donator for a select few

Also :deoxys-speed: might be a neat arceus user
:ting-lu: could inherit ho oh well idk.

This is answered in the common questions section. Basically, to choose certain abilities, your base mon must choose an ability that's in the same "slot" in the team builder. For example, Ho-oh has one standard ability (Pressure) and one hidden ability (Regenerator). If you want your Pokemon to turn into a Ho-oh with Regenerator, that Pokemon must have a Hidden Ability and use it. This means that Landorus-Therian which only has one standard ability (Intimidate) cannot turn into a Ho-oh with Regenerator.

Another example is Blissey. Blissey has two standard abilities; 1-Natural Cure and 2-Serene Grace as well as a hidden 3-Healer based on the team builder. If you want to form change into a Serene Grace Blissey, your mon must have two standard abilities and choose the second one based on team builder. For example:

:Clefable:
Cute Charm -> Natural Cure
Magic Guard -> Serene Grace
Unaware -> Healer

:Primarina:
Torrent -> Natural Cure
Liquid Voice -> Healer

:Mew:
Synchronize -> Natural Cure
Healer is unavailable

I hope this makes sense.
But what if the original Pokemon has more abilities than the Pokemon it turns into, for instance if a Clefable with Magic Guard is nicknamed Mewtwo?

But what if the original Pokemon has more abilities than the Pokemon it turns into, for instance if a Clefable with Magic Guard is nicknamed Mewtwo?
If the Pokemon you turn into only has one ability, it will always have that ability. Generally, the first ability is considered the "default ability" and will be selected in these cases. I'll provide some examples.

:Clefable: ->:Groudon:
(1) Cute Charm -> (1) Drought
(2) Magic Guard -> (1) Drought
(3) Unaware -> (1) Drought

:Clefable: -> :Dialga:
(1) Cute Charm -> (1) Pressure
(2) Magic Guard -> (1) Pressure
(3) Unaware -> (3) Telepathy

I couldn't find a Pokemon with two normal abilities and no hidden ability but it would go like this:

:Clefable: -> idk
(1) Cute Charm -> (1) Standard Ability 1
(2) Magic Guard -> (2) Standard Ability 2
(3) Unaware -> (1) Standard Ability 1

Last edited:

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Q: Will my Pokemon revert back to its original form if it goes back up to >50% HP?
A: No, the forme change is permanent.
What about fainting then coming back by Revival Blessing? Does that also include that edge case?

What about fainting then coming back by Revival Blessing? Does that also include that edge case?
Alright not gonna lie, I have not considered every edge cases. I think this one is simple though. Unless there is a mechanic which changes the Pokemon's forme, the transformation is permanent. This means you'll resurrect the dead Pokemon as the new forme if it has already transformed. If it has not transformed yet and you revive it, it can still transform if it ends the turn on the field at <=50% hp.

On the topic of edge cases, something I'm not sure of is if you should be able to transform mons like Kyurem and Necrozma into their restricted formes and if you should be able to transform other mons into those restricted formes if you already have a base Kyurem/Necrozma. Technically if you nickname your Kyurem "Kyurem-Black", that restricts your other Pokemon from choosing any of the Kyurem forme so you'll never have more than one "Kyurem" on your team. However if you run a Kyurem and another Pokemon is nicknamed "Kyurem-Black" then although you don't start the game with multiple Kyurem, it is possible to have both your base Kyurem and a man-turned-Kyurem-Black at the same time. At the moment I'm leaning towards letting the Kyurem be nicknamed "Kyurem-Black" but if you have a Kyurem on your team, you can't nickname another Pokemon any of the Kyurem formes. The same thing goes for Necrozma.

Last edited:
Is this legal? Seeing how it seems like you're allowed to change into Hero-Palafin I figured this conditional forme should be fine too.

Eiscue-noice (Snorlax) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Belly Drum
- Zen Headbutt
- Facade

You get the slow bulky belly drum, does snorlax transform immediately after or after having eaten his berry to get back to 83%?

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Is this legal? Seeing how it seems like you're allowed to change into Hero-Palafin I figured this conditional forme should be fine too.

Eiscue-noice (Snorlax) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Belly Drum
- Zen Headbutt
- Facade

You get the slow bulky belly drum, does snorlax transform immediately after or after having eaten his berry to get back to 83%?
At the end of the turn if it's at or below 50%, since it works like Zyg-C.

Last edited:
some initial ideas i had:

smeargle seems powerful since you can get any restricted movesets without limitation. the downside is that you're forced to hold sash cause, well, it's a smeargle.

Calyrex-Shadow (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss / Taunt

welcome back gen 8 ag calyrex-s. you were as beautiful as the day i lost you

bulky stored power shit might potentially be broken asw because you can just turn into something fast and strong like deoxys-a or mewtwo, punishing stuff from hitting you

Deoxys-Attack (Mew) @ Colbur Berry / Weakness Policy
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

tfw you try to kill the crit-me-not setup then it turns into deo-a

Alright people here are some some of the most terrifying setup sweepers you'll ever see:

Calyrex-Ice (Numel) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Body Press
- Zen Headbutt
- High Horsepower

The plan is simple. You click Curse, get hit by a weak ground move like Earthquake, take 50 and transform into Caly-I... with +6 attack and +2 defense. You also gain a bunch of hp and sweep. It literally can't go wrong.

Zamazenta-Crowned (Coalossal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Steam Engine
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rest
- Substitute

You click Iron defense, activate steam engine and turn into Zama-C with +3 defense and +6 speed. Can go tera water to safely activate steam engine too.

Deoxys-Attack (Indeedee) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Psychic
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball
- Expanding Force

You click sub twice then spam Expanding Force. Maybe get a free calm mind along the way. Once this transforms it's a Deo-A under Psychic Terrain so you outspeed everyone and can't get hit by priority.

Mewtwo (Porygon-Z) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Download
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot

This mon can get a free +1 spatk with download and has access to recover, nasty plot and a few coverage moves. It can turn into a fast mon to fix its speed issue and sweep.

Last edited:
I think Baxcalibur (kyurem-B) is going to be one of the better sets, especially early on in the metagame. Looking at the sets listed, a lot of them are relying on otherwise-bad pokemon and hoping that they can set up and then win by fervent invoking, but Baxcalibur has the advantage that it's really good to start with. If you're up against a Numel it's incredibly free to switch out and set up in its face and then kill it before it invokes, but even before becoming Kyurem-B Baxcalibur already has 145 attack.

Plus, Icicle Spear sounds like it goes in against all these super frail pokemon who are relying on subs and focus sashes to transform.

:Ogerpon-Hearthflame: Don't use this mon.
Controversial opinion: in a tier where a lot of Pokemon can casually turn into legendaries, Ogerpon-Hearthflame is probably one of the few Pokemon that could be safely unrestricted. In order to benefit from the concept of this OM it would have to drop its signature move Ivy Cudgel, meaning that other than defensively being a Fire-type it would be no different than using base Ogerpon. Even if it was to change into something else, I do not see anything else particularily interesting with its movepool (and even if I am wrong, people could currently do the same thing with any other Ogerpon form, and at least base Ogerpon doesn't have to hold a mask in order to exist).

Other than that, cannot wait to see this meta after it is coded to see just how insane some of the possibilities can be. The wording is just weird enough that it takes a moment to wrap your head around but once you understand it all this seems like an entertaining mechanic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 2)