Fear the ARON!

Nice team WhiteQueen, I like a lot the use of Aron. At first glance, your team is weak at rain team because you haven't any water resistor without Dragonite. A simple change is Kingdra > Dragonite, and kingdra would work well in your team (it can easily switch in on Politoed and exploit opponent's rain), in my honest opinion. For the rest this seems a solid team, good job!

Set of Kingdra:

Kingdra (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Good luck with your team :)

As Alex pointed out, you have no real way of maintaining your ever so important Sandstorm. I think you focused a little too heavily on Aron handling everything and failed to realize that 1) other weather exists and 2) there are ways around Aron.

Your team doesn't put enough pressure on the opponent that they really need to worry THAT much about Aron, especially if they're a weather team. There's this big burden on you to keep the field clear of hazards, maintain your sand, AND keep your opponent from spinning. You're stuck having to do ALL of these things while your opponent can easily take advantage of the time your spending getting Aron ready to do its job.

A big help to this team would be a Magic Bouncer in the form of Xatu or Espeon. Personally I find Xatu a better defensive choice, especially in sand. You really need to be able to discourage your opponent from setting up hazards in the first place as opposed to relying so heavily on Forretress to spin. Your opponent knows you desperately need to spin, and can take advantage of this to predict your switches to Forretress.

I think as a whole you need to take a more defensive approach to this strategy; it isn't as easy as you think to just set up and start wrecking with Aron. You need Pokémon to take hits as you prepare the field for Aron. Your team is also extremely threatened by Infernape. I'd suggest the inclusion of Jellicent to combat this, as well as give you a spin blocker, which is invaluable to a team like this. Burns are also very helpful when Endeavoring Steel types, which Jellicent loves to spread. Sableye can be a decent option to consider as well, since he can also do a great job of shutting down your opponent's set up Pokémon.

I understand you like Weavile, but the only two common ghosts in OU are Jellicent and Gengar. Once Jellicent realizes you aren't running Night Slash, she'll stay in and stall you out/burn you with your weak Pursuits. And it isn't worth just running Weavile for Gengar, even on this team that hates ghosts. I'd say try to deal with him with Scizor to be honest; Weavile just doesn't bring a lot to the table other than Ice Shard. But between sandstorm damage, life orb damage, and that SR weakness, Weavile is going to go down very, very quickly. And let's not forget his weakness to Bullet Punch and Mach Punch, the carriers of which he can't do much to with Ice Shard. And he ends up a liability or death fodder as you struggle to find Pokémon to switch into heavy hitters, which is why I think the defensive Pokémon will help you much more.

Overall I think it's just too difficult to have this level of offense while expecting to make the Aron strategy work. The team feels rushed and lacks a good synergy, like you just snatched any Pokémon that could fill the roles and shoved them all together. I'd seriously suggest rethinking your strategy and perhaps incorporating more defense and also a way to counter enemy weather, which the current team does a fairly poor job of.

To help you maintain sandstorm, I would suggest Dugtrio over Weavile. You already have other priority users, and Tyranitar is a great user of pursuit. Weavile doesn't like compiling your weakness to fighting, since Keldeo runs straight through your team, especially if it is carrying icy wind. Standard Sashtrio outspeeds and 2hko's Keldeo, and 2HKO's all other weather inducers at the least (bar defensive politoed). Dugtrio will also give you another spot for SRs. So in short.

~ Weavile ---> Standard Sashtrio with Rock
~Tyranitar ---> Stealth Rocks----> Pursuit

Multiscale Dragonite is not the best choice in Sandstorm. And Cloyster can easily take Aron down with no problem. Quagsire can help with that. (Quagsire > Dragonite) Also, if Aron gets burned, it is dead meat. Therefore, I suggest Blissey > Weavile. Although Blissey is not immune to Sandstorm, Clefable is the only one that can use Heal Bell while being immune, and she is not necessarily the best for OU environment. And at least Blissey can use Leftovers.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware (important!)
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Nature: Careful
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake/Waterfall
- Stone Edge

This adds some stall elements onto your team. Basically what you do is this: you set up on anything that is not a grass type (or Haxorus) that is trying to set up, and frustrate them as they switch out. Curse pushes that Defense to a good level, and makes Quagsire annoying to face even after one boost, and Recover gives reliable recovery. Earthquake is generally a common STAB; however, without Earthquake, you will find Quagsire walled by Toxicroak (though you could bluff an Earthquake and scare it off). Without Waterfall, Quagsire is walled by Gliscor. Stone Edge provides crucial coverage to destroy Pokemon like Moxie Salamence that will try to destroy the rest of your team.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 192 HP/252 Def/60 SDef
Nature: Calm
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

This is designed to be a cleric and special wall. It can sponge many special hits, and can heal itself. Heal Bell is the main move here, as it can clear status from your team, which is good for Aron. Seismic Toss keeps Blissey from being Taunt bait. Wish can be passed to the rest of your team, so if Aron's Sturdy was penetrated through burn, it can get some HP back. Finally, Protect makes Blissey a wall, making Wish a Two-turn Softboiled. SBasically, Blissey shares good synergy for the rest of your teammates, especially Aron.

The sets above are great for your team. Basically, Quagsire > Dragonite and Blissey > Weavile. I personally find FEAR rather gimmicky (have you ever seen FEAR Pineco, Taillow, or Solosis?), but good luck with the team.

Seriously? You people must not know how the whitequeen battles
This is a really cool team. But cool doesn't actually mean good!

First off you'd better hope you're 18 or older because Jellicent face fucks your whole team until it suffocates and dies. Unless its user is retarded and allows you a free Pursuit, leaves it in on Dragonite, or gets repeated WoW misses it effectively wipes your team out on its own. Not only is it immune to Endeavor and Rapid Spin (oh god Rocks, they shit on two of your pokes and for all intents and purposes OHKOs another) it also walls every single Pokemon you have by spamming burns.

Also Politoed is a jerk. You have no switch-ins besides Dragonite who falls to an Ice Beam, or two Hydro Pumps with rocks down. Also it switches in on much of your team without trouble.

Volt-Switch is a HUGE problem for you. Closest thing you have for a counter is Dragonite who isn't going to last the whole game. Scizor, Rotom W, Genesect, etc. They all cripple you and aren't directly afraid of Aron.

Specially Defensive Heatran cums spiders all over your team just by spamming Stealth Rocks and Lava Plume. You can't freely Rapid Spin on Heatran and nothing absorbs a burn.

Terrakion is like the honey badger in that it just doesn't give a shit what you do. All it does is Close Combat. With Stealth Rocks down even Dragonite is 2HKOed. You can revenge kill it easily enough and it doesn't get many safe switch ins, so this might not be a big issue.

It should be obvious but if Stealth Rocks are down your team is massacred. Forretress is a good spinner but not a 100% safe one. A lot of SR users like Heatran, Tyranitar, etc could be a huge threat.

Maybe replace Dragonite for an HP Fire Latias. It offers similar resistances, lures in and destroys Scizor Volt-turn, lasts longer than Dnite in sand, beats Terrakion (sort of), stops Politoed, kind of takes on Jellicent (but not really), and probably does more stuff. You do lose CB Extremespeed though, that's pretty important.

Anyway I'm lazy and I know that since I "don't know how good the whitequeen battles" chances are you will blow off my rate by saying you play around all these threats I'm just going to stop typing. Give Latias a try, even though I know you won't.

I AM YAMBORSKI

Nice team here but I have some suggestions that could personally make it a lot better.

First off, what stops FEAR Aron's sweep? Rock, Ground, Steel, Ghost and opposing weather. First off, to stop Steel types Magnezone is a great pokemon as it can trap with magnet pull and KO it's foes with HP Fire. For Rock, Ground and Ghost types I suggest other trapping pokemon, namely Gothitelle and Dugtrio. In addition to this they also solve the problem of opposing weather. Dugtrio singlehandedly stops Ninetails and a focus sash-reversal set will do a lot against Politoed if not OHKO'ing it(haven't done a calc) leaving it in KO range for Gothitelle or pursuit Scizor/Weavile.

It's up to you who you want to add as I don't expect all three to be implemented as Forretress's Rapid Spin is very important and I'm a fan of keeping one of your pursuit users. Hope I could help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)