Event Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
With Solgaleo, yeah, not that great a Shiny. Think they should have just swapped its white parts with black and it's black parts with red.

Now Lunala I think could have worked, but what ruins it is the yellow parts. I think they should have made the yellow into a navy color and I think it would have pulled it off.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Shiny Necrozma actually having pink forms makes it mandatory for me to obtain it.

Quickly someone in japan get me one !
I'll probably become available in the US since it's the last Shiny that hasn't been released. Not sure the same way Japan is doing it, maybe just make it a mass release via QR code or serial code from the Pokemon website.

This is utter bullcrap "hey kids what this exclusive pokemon for your collection? Pre-order the games where you don't get to keep your collection"
Because to them the collection will be in HOME, and not in any of the games.

That's their logic.

They are still releasing USUM events because of Card Game advertisement?
Why do they distribute Shiny Lunala or Shiny Solgaleo instead of Shiny Cosmog and serial codes of all things? Seeing how unimpressive the upcoming shinies are, I wonder why they even bothered shiny-looking them. Shiny Necrozma requiring to pre-order SwSh makes it even more disappointing IF Necrozma isn't even in the Galar Dex.

Also what happened to AZ Floette? Did you know it's signature move got it's animation updated. What a waste.

They are still releasing USUM events because of Card Game advertisement?
Why do they distribute Shiny Lunala or Shiny Solgaleo instead of Shiny Cosmog and serial codes of all things? Seeing how unimpressive the upcoming shinies are, I wonder why they even bothered shiny-looking them. Shiny Necrozma requiring to pre-order SwSh makes it even more disappointing IF Necrozma isn't even in the Galar Dex.

Also what happened to AZ Floette? Did you know it's signature move got it's animation updated. What a waste.
Well, it is a way for Sun and Ultra Sun to get Lunala, and Moon and Ultra Moon to get Solgaleo.

Not that it's a great way to do it, mind you.

Last edited:
I didn't see a thread for SS events, so I'll post this here too.

Receive a Level Ball, Moon Ball, and Fast Ball using the code K0UN1NMASC0T. Code is valid once per save data until January 15th, 2020.

If the hashtag #ボールガイチャレンジ gets 30,000 tweets, they'll give out a code for Heavy Ball, Lure Ball, and Beast Ball as well.

According to Serebii, the other codes are now available.

1YAHAYA for Heavy, Lure, and Beast Ball.
0KUGAFUKA1B0RU for Love, Friend, and Dream Ball.

It seems Game Freak just can't stop themselves this holiday season, as they've got even more new events for us!

The first is a simple mystery gift: type in 'PRESENT' and you get 10 Luxury Balls. Neat.

The other though is a new raid event. From now until the end of Christmas day, Delibird will be a lot more common in raids; as will Candy and Ice TR rewards.

I've done a couple 5-star Delibird raids already; and I can tell you that from each I've gotten L and XL candies in quantities of 6 (!!) each; consistently got Ice Beam and Blizzard; and then there's some... interesting items thrown in in the form of Pretty Feathers, Ice Stones and Poké Dolls. Also, it's a Delibird, so it's ungodly easy to take down even with CPU allies. Just take in a decent fire or steel type and you should be good.

The other though is a new raid event. From now until the end of Christmas day, Delibird will be a lot more common in raids; as will Candy and Ice TR rewards.

I've done a couple 5-star Delibird raids already; and I can tell you that from each I've gotten L and XL candies in quantities of 6 (!!) each; consistently got Ice Beam and Blizzard; and then there's some... interesting items thrown in in the form of Pretty Feathers, Ice Stones and Poké Dolls. Also, it's a Delibird, so it's ungodly easy to take down even with CPU allies. Just take in a decent fire or steel type and you should be good.
Not to mention this is one Raid event where you're not screwed by the Pokémon's catch rate, even if you are not the host.

Because... well... you are not going to catch that Delibird even if it has perfect IVs :P

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Because... well... you are not going to catch that Delibird even if it has perfect IVs :P

... But, yeah, when I saw they were having Delibird Event Raids I rolled my eyes. Like, I get it, it's Santa, but why not just an increase in Ice-type in generally, notably Gigantamax Lapras. But it giving out a lot more L and XL candies is nice plus some neat gift items.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
To celebrate the New Years the new Max Raid Event is Magikarp!...

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Okay, as you can tell there's a bit more (in addition to also being my way of saying Happy New Years :bloblul:). The Magikarp has a higher chance of being Shiny and all Magikarp (normal and Shiny) may give out several Nuggets and Big Nuggets!

Also remember there are a few active codes going on:

K0UN1NMASC0T (for one Level Ball, Moon Ball, & Fast Ball each)
1YAHAYA (for one Heavy Ball, Lure Ball, and Beast Ball each)
0KUGAFUKA1B0RU (for one Love Ball, Friend Ball, and Dream Ball each)
GIGANTAMAX (for 20 BP)
0T0SH1DAMA (for 10 Dive Balls)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)