EV Training on XD

This isn't exactly a D/P subject, but as I'm willing to restart my Pokemon XD in order to catch some competitive pokemon, I'd like to know if there's some trainer we can use to EV train some stat, because I want to make an enjoyable adventure instead of a "lemme just catch'em" adventure.

As this is something not really known (I'm not sure if we can EV train on XD or not, or where we can do so) I decided to make a new thread instead of posting on the "Ask a simple question..." thread. Hope it's alright.

This isn't exactly a D/P subject, but as I'm willing to restart my Pokemon XD in order to catch some competitive pokemon, I'd like to know if there's some trainer we can use to EV train some stat, because I want to make an enjoyable adventure instead of a "lemme just catch'em" adventure.

As this is something not really known (I'm not sure if we can EV train on XD or not, or where we can do so) I decided to make a new thread instead of posting on the "Ask a simple question..." thread. Hope it's alright.
I know there's this guy in are 3 that has only one raichu. But that's all I can think of ATM...

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Outskirt, theres this guy with ziggys all over, so just like battle him for speed EVs

Or hp ivs while they are zigzagoons.

I'm pretty sure in pyrite town there is a place with a horsea/seadrea and a psyduck/goldduck. I know ducks give sp.atk ivs but i don't remember what the seahorses have. I'm not even sure if this was in Collo or XD since they changed the pokemon of the Square people. I'll investigate this myself sometime.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You'll be better off transferring pokemon off of XD and on to Emerald/whatever for training. The animations and double battles make things a big pain in the ass and at least doubles the amount of time it takes to complete a battle. Someone will need to confirm for me but I was pretty sure the evil pokemon don't gain EVs until after they are purified as well. Even if they did gain EVs, you could just use the Emerald Berries to remove all the EVs and start fresh.

"enjoyable adventure" is an oxymoron when it comes to the 3D animations. Pardon me if they've changed from Colosseum, but the animations are tacky, slow, and cannot be turned off. I don't even like the 2D animations. I tried to negiotate for a real-world cart exchange for Lugia so I wouldn't need to do XD, but she didn't want to do it by mail, so I'm stuck having to Little Green Yoda it - rent it and grit through the game.

The evil Pokemon start gaining EVs when their purify bar is about half full, I think, though the EVs aren't applied until you purify them.

I would think you'd be better off transferring them to Emerald and rebreeding them and EVing them there anyway.

In fact, it looks impossible to EV train pogeys on XD, specially in the beggining, so I should give up. Anyway, if you know a place to EV train on the GC games, post here as it may be useful for someone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)