Enter Sandman! An OU RMT!

Welcome to sand city, population 6.

This isn't your ordinary stall team, it combines sand storm, toxic spikes, roar, spikes and stealth rock with stat boosting moves and choice items. The result? A great wifi team, with the ability to destroy anything in its path. Come witness destruction... in the sandbox!

Team at a glance:

I know what you're thinking. Three classic stall members, a classic UU stall machine, a revenge killer, and a physical sweeper! What type of team is this? Well, its stall with a twist. What happens when salamence gets two dragon dances? With normal stall, you just get swept. Well, with this team, it gets revenged by scizor! When tried and tested and creativity are added together, you get this team.

A closer look:

Hippowdon@Leftovers
252 Hp/168 Def/88 SpDef
Impish Nature
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Slack Off
Roar

My lead, and an excellent one at that. A lead on a sand storm team only requires one thing, sand stream. Only two pokemon (well three if you count NFE's) have that coveted ability, Tyranitar and Hippowdon (Hippotas too!). Hippowdon fits the role on a defensive team much better, with his superior defensive stats, as well as better support options.

The evs are the standard, boosting his already monsterous defense and health, while giving him a little boost to his decent special defense.

Now onto the moves. Stealth rock is pretty standard on a lead, and starts out my tripple entry hazard combo. Earthquake is some stab, and to not get completly shut down by pokemon with taunt. Slack off is so you can keep shuffling the opponents team around with roar, and hitting them with EQ. Roar rounds out the set, and what a great last move. It shuffles pokemon around, usually hitting them for 37% with three layers of spikes and stealth rock down. It also reveals their team, and makes predictions easier.

Tentacruel@Leftovers​
252 Hp/120 Def/136 SpDef​
Calm Nature​
Surf
Hidden Power (Electric)
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
What goes well with heatran, as well as stall teams in general? Tentacruel sets up the all important toxic spikes, which wears down pokemon, and along with sand storm, makes all of my stalling actually do something other than waste time. Tentacruel also gives me great walling from the special side, and some key resistances to water, ice, fire and more. Tentacruel can also take leech seeds, something that hurts most of my other team members.​
The evs are again standard. They are standard for a reason though, they give tentacruel great hp, while spreading through the defenses to give overall maximum walling potential.​

Surf is your standard stab, and prevents you from being taunted, and hits most rapid spin blockers hard. Hidden power is for countering empoleon and gyarados, while just being a useful move in general for countering the water types that give my team problems. Rapid spin is a great move, and is huge for a stall team, because of the switches it uses to gain advantage. I would be taking 12% every time I switch, if not for this great move. Now time for the most important move on the team. Toxic spikes provides this team with constant poison, which lets my stalling destroy countless pokemon, between the poison, entry hazards and sandstorm.

Cradily@Leftovers​
252 Hp/44 Def/212 SpDef​
Careful Nature​
Curse
Recover
Rock Slide
Earthquake
How can you not use something that looks so awesome? Well, looks are not everything this beast is here for! Cradily is a great special wall in sand storm, with his special defense being boosted by one level. I can also sweep with curse, and curse turns cradily into a total wall, with great combined defenses. He can also stall with recover, allowing sand storm and toxic spikes damage to add up.

The evs are the first non standard thing on this pokemon. They give 376 hp at level 100, and great overall defenses. The special defense evs give his base 107 special defense a boost, while 44 defense evs are for taking physical hits before I get a curse in.

Recover goes great with curse, allowing cradily to get many under its bulky belt. It also goes great with sand storm and toxic spikes, allowing me to stall out the opponent while the residual damage adds up. Curse is a unique move on cradily, thanks to HG/SS. It lets me set up, and tank almost any hit with it boosting my defense, and sand storm taking care of the special defense. It also allows me to sweep occasionally. EarthSlide take up the last two moves on the set, hitting almost every pokemon neutrally. I chose rock slide over the much more powerful stone edge, because of rock slide having 15% more accuracy and double the pp. Earthquake is just a great general move, and gives great coverage, along with 100 base power and accuracy.

Heatran@Leftovers
244 Hp/32 SpAtk/12 SpDef/220 Spe
Calm Nature
Lava Plume
Torment
Substitute
Protect

I was bored once, and I decided to take a trip to the oh-so great RMT archives. I saw philip7086's torment heatran, and I knew I had to use it. Heatran is supported by toxic spikes and sandstorm, and when it gets a sub up, this beast isn't going anywhere for a long time.

Evs give enough SpAtk to do 33% minimum to standard rest-talk machamp, so with torment, you will always beat it. You also take 24% max from a 0 SpAtk neautal natured rotom-A, meaning it will never break your subs with discharge. You also get to outrun 244 speed zapdos and celebi with 245 speed.

The idea is very simple, you substitute on something that heatran normally forces out, such as a choice scarf heatran, and when something comes in, you torment them while they break your sub. Most pokemon don't carry more than one move that can break heatran's substitute. You sub again, while they fail to break your sub. You protect while they use that super effective move again. They can't break it next turn, which leaves you free to use lava plume, which was chosen for its great pp, and 30% burn chance for pokemon that avoid toxic spikes, or try to set up on heatran. It still hurts, even with only 32 SpAtk evs.

Skarmory@Leftovers
252 Hp/64 Atk/176 Def/16 Spe
Impish Nature
Spikes
Whirlwind
Brave Bird
Roost

I had almost every thing that I needed, toxic spikes, stealth rock and special walls. I still needed spikes support, a physical wall and more phazing. Skarmory fits all of those, while using roost to continue adding up the toxic spikes damage, as well as damage from the sand storm.

The evs are again standard. 252 Hp is for maximum walling potential from both sides of the attacking spectrum, and 64 attack evs allow for a 2hko on offensive gyarados looking to set up on me. 16 Spe evs allow for me to outrun max speed rhyperior, allowing me to stall it out of stone edges and letting toxic spikes work their magic.

Spikes helps me to wear down the opponents, with my tripple entry hazard combo. Whirlwind lets me do maximum damage with that combo, and brave bird is for the 2hko on gyarados, Ohko on infernape and lucario (after a CC drop and one turn of life orb recoil), as well as not getting shut down by taunt users. Roost is great on this set, letting sand storm and toxic spikes wear down the opponent, and allowing lots of switches with whirlwind.

Scizor@Choice Band
248 Hp/252 Atk/8 Spe
Adamant Nature
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Pursuit
Superpower

This is where the team takes a turn from standard stall. Scizor allows me to revenge sweepers, and also lets me rack up tons of damage between CB U-turn and all of my entry hazards. It also allows me to make safe switch-ins.

Evs are once again standard. 248 Hp lets me survive 8 stealth rock switch ins, and 252 Atk is standard, for letting scizor do as much damage as possible. The leftover 8 evs go into speed, and outrun 4 speed scizor.

Bullet punch is almost required on a scizor, and lets me revenge those sweepers that set up, or the rare infernape. Pursuit is really for lack of better options, but is nice for letting me take out a gengar or something like that, such as azelf. Superpower is nice for taking out magnezone, a big enemy to my team, and heatran. U-turn is the best move for me on this set, as it lets me hurt switch ins, between the damage and my entry hazards.

Thats my team, I hope you liked it! I was kind of thinking to add a celebi, but thats up for you guys to decide. Remember, this is wifi, so a pretty big threat in rotom is not that big anymore.

Heatran is obviously a huge threat to this team. Tentacruel is a solid counter, but isnt going to like switching on earth powers alot with rocks in play and neither will your own Heatran. There isnt to much you could do about this expect predict around it or try running Vaporeon or something that will revenge kill it

I haven't had any problems with it so far. In SS, cradily can take two fire blasts IIRC, and ohko (again IIRC) with EQ. Heatran can swich in, and force it out, as well as tenta.

I might try vaporeon though,

Any ideas of who to switch out for vaporeon?

5/6ths of this team is beaten by Mixnape, the only one Surviving him is Tentacruel. I suggest maybe a ScarfTran, and ditching Cradily for something like a Gyarados? I dunno, I'm not good at RMT's, but those are my suggestions.

scarftran would not do well in a stall team
it's just not really fit for such team
for vaporeon...it's most definitely a useful pokemon with wish and overall as a tank
the closest thing i would say is tentacruel but it has the role of being spinner and tspikes
i would take out skarmory as you already have a physical wall (hippowdon) or...
personally i would really switch scizor out for a wisher (blissey or vaporeon, blissy if you really need another wall on sp side) but then again you want your scizor in your team for being "different" from other ordinary stall teams...so....Mmmm

I really think you should get a spin blocker. You want to utilize entry hazards (which is cool), but fast spinners like Starmie and bulky ones like Tentacruel and Forretress don't really have a problem finding a free turn to rapid spin. I suggest a Rotom Form. Rotom-W maybe as you are pretty weak to mixape. Rotom-W makes an excellent revenge killer so it could possibly replace Scizor (but if you don't want to, oh well. I know how some people can be with their precious litte Scizor). I really think you should put a Rotom in here though.

I would promote a Toxic Stall Heatran. Heatran has great typing with an awesome ability so it can easily stall a lot of shit out. Toxic Stall is great for a stall team along with Heatran's great typing and flash fire, it can switch into Infernape with its sexy bulk and smack it with a Earth power. Down one...Cradily might seem like a good idea with something resist to a possible Mixnape sweep. However Gyarados seems very commonplace, look for an Azelf which Nape rarely ever sees coming. Zelf seems bad for a stall-team at first, but it can set up dual screens which is awesome. DD Mence can set up on ur ass and Scizor cant stop it if it carries Fire Blast. I would go with November1093's suggestion. Except a Starmie could be a very, very effective Mence Counter or a Cressilia which fits into a Stall Team.

5/6ths of this team is beaten by Mixnape, the only one Surviving him is Tentacruel. I suggest maybe a ScarfTran, and ditching Cradily for something like a Gyarados? I dunno, I'm not good at RMT's, but those are my suggestions.
Okay, except for hippowdon survives a grass know as well. I already have a heatran on my team, but I might try out a bounce/leftovers gyra later.

scarftran would not do well in a stall team
it's just not really fit for such team
for vaporeon...it's most definitely a useful pokemon with wish and overall as a tank
the closest thing i would say is tentacruel but it has the role of being spinner and tspikes
i would take out skarmory as you already have a physical wall (hippowdon) or...
personally i would really switch scizor out for a wisher (blissey or vaporeon, blissy if you really need another wall on sp side) but then again you want your scizor in your team for being "different" from other ordinary stall teams...so....Mmmm
I might try a vaporeon over scizor, but then I can't revenge pokemon. Maybe I should try it over skarmory? This a wifi team, so I can't get a wish bliss with good ivs.

I really think you should get a spin blocker. You want to utilize entry hazards (which is cool), but fast spinners like Starmie and bulky ones like Tentacruel and Forretress don't really have a problem finding a free turn to rapid spin. I suggest a Rotom Form. Rotom-W maybe as you are pretty weak to mixape. Rotom-W makes an excellent revenge killer so it could possibly replace Scizor (but if you don't want to, oh well. I know how some people can be with their precious litte Scizor). I really think you should put a Rotom in here though.
Mixape is handled already, but I might put a scarf rotom over something, I like that suggestion. Maybe a scarf gengar over scizor, so I can still revenge kill pokemon, and have a spin blocker?

I would promote a Toxic Stall Heatran. Heatran has great typing with an awesome ability so it can easily stall a lot of shit out. Toxic Stall is great for a stall team along with Heatran's great typing and flash fire, it can switch into Infernape with its sexy bulk and smack it with a Earth power. Down one...Cradily might seem like a good idea with something resist to a possible Mixnape sweep. However Gyarados seems very commonplace, look for an Azelf which Nape rarely ever sees coming. Zelf seems bad for a stall-team at first, but it can set up dual screens which is awesome. DD Mence can set up on ur ass and Scizor cant stop it if it carries Fire Blast. I would go with November1093's suggestion. Except a Starmie could be a very, very effective Mence Counter or a Cressilia which fits into a Stall Team.
Thanks for the rate!
I already have a toxic stall heatran, just without toxic! I use toxic spikes, as well as a super-stall heatran. I don't run earth power, and infernape would outspeed and ohko with focus blast or close combat. Salamence is like, the easiest pokemon to handle for my team. Stealth rock hits it for 25%, and life orb and sandstorm hit it for 16% per turn. So with just one swichin, such as skarmory to outrage or earthquake, or tentacruel to fire blast, and salamence is easy pickings for a bullet punch.

@ Everyone, thanks for the rates, but infernape isn't very common, and is switched around, while losing 12+ percent at every switchin, 6 for sandstorm, 10 for life orb, as well as toxic spikes, and infernape will only attack like 4 times.

I might try a vaporeon over scizor, but then I can't revenge pokemon. Maybe I should try it over skarmory? This a wifi team, so I can't get a wish bliss with good ivs.
Yeah, I understand.
You COULD go for AR or legally hacked pokies as people would usually not really care. Anyways for vaporeon, it is true you need a spin blocker though like someone said. Rotom is a good choice but I would go for the revenge killer for your team where you are looking for a revenge killer on a stall-based team. Though, I really think wisher would be a great asset to your team.
Mmmm..

Yeah, I understand.
You COULD go for AR or legally hacked pokies as people would usually not really care. Anyways for vaporeon, it is true you need a spin blocker though like someone said. Rotom is a good choice but I would go for the revenge killer for your team where you are looking for a revenge killer on a stall-based team. Though, I really think wisher would be a great asset to your team.
Mmmm..
yeah, thats a good idea. The heatran is hacked legally.

Most pokemon have auto recovery, so they don't really need wish. I will test a scarf gengar with hidden power ice over scizor though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)