Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy / Steel
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Healing Wish

Enamorus zooms across the skies of OU! With high offensive stats and excellent typing, Enamorus is a premier Fairy-type attacker. Choice Scarf fixes Enamorus's somewhat awkward Speed tier, letting it outrun a plethora of Moonblast targets such as Dragapult, non-Booster Energy Iron Valiant, Zamazenta, and Meowscarada. Earth Power has good coverage alongside Moonblast and hits Fairy-resistant targets such as Heatran and Gholdengo. Mystical Fire hits Corviknight and Air Balloon Gholdengo hard, and its ability to lower the target's Special Attack for a teammate switching in is useful for Choice Scarf Enamorus's hit-and-run playstyle. These wide coverage options are a major selling point of Enamorus over the similar Iron Valiant. Tera Fairy is the preferred option to power up Moonblast, but Tera Steel can also be used to remove Enamorus's Stealth Rock weakness and prevent priority users such as Dragonite and Scizor from revenge killing Enamorus. Choice Scarf Enamorus fits best on offense teams as a speedy revenge killer that can use Healing Wish to restore a crippled ally such as Kingambit back to full health, giving it another go at the enemy team. In return, Kingambit is great at pressuring Pokemon that give Enamorus trouble, such as Galarian Slowking and Toxapex.

1081 characters without spaces

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My only concern is with the "somewhat awkward speed tier" line. I get what you're going for (it is a rather awkward speed tier) but I am not sure that such an subjective quantifier is needed in this case. I'm willing to leave that up to the discretion of the Social Media team, though. Otherwise it looks good to me.

Oh, hey there! I didn't know QC was a thing as far as social media spotlights go until I checked my notifs, but I learned something new today!

I second what chimp said regarding Enamorus's Speed tier; it's admittedly an awkward stat in context (missing out on Booster Valiant is a bit rough), but I think that all the other content you've discussed here is accurate.

If I were to make any change to this beyond that (and this is less a content thing and more a style thing on my end), it would maybe be very briefly mentioning that Earth Power (and Mystical Fire, to an extent) is unique coverage compared to Enam-I's main competition in Iron Valiant. That's something I want to leave up to the discretion of the Social Media team as well, though.

Otherwise, though, this is very good.

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Not up to Social Media team, but to people who know stuff about OU. If you feel like having to underline "awkward Speed tier" is the way to go to then describe what Enamorus can outspeed with a Choice Scarf, then leave it. There's also the GP phase which will fix or word it better if needed.

Not up to Social Media team, but to people who know stuff about OU. If you feel like having to underline "awkward Speed tier" is the way to go to then describe what Enamorus can outspeed with a Choice Scarf, then leave it. There's also the GP phase which will fix or word it better if needed.
I will leave it for now since the Speed tier is indeed quite awkward and misses many important benchmarks

GP Team

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
GP Team done
Enamorus @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Healing Wish

Enamorus zooms across the skies of OU! With high offensive stats and excellent typing, Enamorus is a premier Fairy-type attacker. Choice Scarf fixes Enamorus's somewhat awkward Speed tier, letting it outrun a plethora of Moonblast targets such as Dragapult, non-Booster Energy Iron Valiant, Zamazenta, and Meowscarada. Earth Power has good coverage alongside Moonblast and hits Fairy-resistant targets such as Heatran and Gholdengo. Mystical Fire hits Corviknight and Air Balloon Gholdengo hard, and its ability to lower the opponent's target's Special Attack for a teammate switching in is useful for Choice Scarf Enamorus's hit-and-run (AH) playstyle. These wide coverage options are a major selling point of Enamorus over the similar Iron Valiant. Tera Fairy is the preferred option to power up Moonblast, but Tera Steel can also be used to remove Enamorus's Stealth Rock weakness and prevent priority users such as Dragonite and Scizor from revenge killing Enamorus. Choice Scarf Enamorus fits best on offense teams as a speedy revenge killer that can use Healing Wish to restore a crippled ally such as Kingambit back to full health, giving it another go at the enemy team. In return, Kingambit is great at pressuring Pokemon that give Enamorus trouble, such as Galarian Slowking and Toxapex.

GP Team done
Enamorus @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Healing Wish

Enamorus zooms across the skies of OU! With high offensive stats and excellent typing, Enamorus is a premier Fairy-type attacker. Choice Scarf fixes Enamorus's somewhat awkward Speed tier, letting it outrun a plethora of Moonblast targets such as Dragapult, non-Booster Energy Iron Valiant, Zamazenta, and Meowscarada. Earth Power has good coverage alongside Moonblast and hits Fairy-resistant targets such as Heatran and Gholdengo. Mystical Fire hits Corviknight and Air Balloon Gholdengo hard, and its ability to lower the opponent's target's Special Attack for a teammate switching in is useful for Choice Scarf Enamorus's hit-and-run (AH) playstyle. These wide coverage options are a major selling point of Enamorus over the similar Iron Valiant. Tera Fairy is the preferred option to power up Moonblast, but Tera Steel can also be used to remove Enamorus's Stealth Rock weakness and prevent priority users such as Dragonite and Scizor from revenge killing Enamorus. Choice Scarf Enamorus fits best on offense teams as a speedy revenge killer that can use Healing Wish to restore a crippled ally such as Kingambit back to full health, giving it another go at the enemy team. In return, Kingambit is great at pressuring Pokemon that give Enamorus trouble, such as Galarian Slowking and Toxapex.
Implemented!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)