Durant [QC 3/3] [QC Rejected 3/3] [Fresh Pot Roast itt]

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
In truth we nominated a wide number of analyses some time ago and Durant avoided rejection on the grounds that it isn't directly outclassed by anything, and it can still be proficient, but really the reasons to use it over Scolipede, Terrakion, or other attackers are less than compelling. If this is being scrutinized then it's probably not worth uploading.

Last gen Durant, Accelgor, and a number of frankly shitty pokemon received analyses for OU and we were struggling to find the right standard for rejection and acceptance, and Durant was something that only barely received approval with a few votes for and against it.

agreeing with molk here. i dont see why durant was accepted through when better pokemon like jirachi were rejected (not saying jirachi is good enough to be accepted, saying if its rejected, durant should be too). if i want a bug/steel type ill use scizor since its actually, y'know, good. if i want a fast physical mon ill use terrakion or something. theres no reason to use durant, its not even strong, and it just misses so much. how this got through qc i dont know, but yeah durant is just plain shit, no reason to use it over other, better pokemon

edit: fair enough ash borer, but i think that while nothing directly outclasses it, theres so much that does similar roles better that its just not worth using

edit2: entrainment truant durant is fun on joke teams =]

Last edited:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Either way it's clear that Durant should be rejected.

Also bear in mind - I'm not using the argument of rejecting Durant because "better mons" like Jirachi were rejected. The reason it is being rejected is because it relies way too much on Hone Claws setup to be effective.

QC Rejected 1/3

I realize I accepted it - and I apologize. I was leery on accepting it to be fair.

Checks & Counters say Talonflame's Brave Bird. It can kill it w/ Flare Blitz; it's 3 points faster. (1 point faster at level 50)

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
LAst gen Durant was accepted for OU analysis. In truth I've known all along it isnt exactly competitive with powerful attackers in the tier like Terrakion or Mamoswine however it is functional in OU thanks to a nifty speed tier, acceptable phys def, and acceptable coverage/power.

However, after some feedback it seems that most users are more interested in changing the standard of analyses from potentially usable to only Pokes you would use seriously, and on that grounds its hard to justify Durant.

QC Reject 2/3

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
I won't reject my own analysis (I don't think that's a thing), but I'm posting to say that after reviewing C&C standards with several QC members and moderators that I agree with the rejections. While Durant may be usable (see: Dual Screens support, which makes a lot of questionable things "usable"), it's not the best, most reliable choice for an OU sweeper, no matter how powerful and fast it may be. Its sources of competition, namely Scizor alongside other late-game sweepers, are simply far more reliable and don't need as much team support to function. While it's possible to build a team around Durant, it's not really a smart choice in a serious match in which you can't always rely on the full level of support that Durant requires to function.

In other words, it's not ideal for a truly competitive team, nor is it worthy of an analysis.

I know it's weird seeing the author of the analysis say all of this after it's progressed so far, but again, as Ash Borer stated above me, there's been a shift in the standard of analyses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)