OU DPP OU Teambuilding Competition

Le Don

La Déchéance d'un homme
is a Community Contributor
RoAPL Champion
don aigri mode activated

1) seems solid, i'm just not a fan of all of these + spa nature while the team is already slow, opposite epower heatran seems hard to deal with. You just need to not give free spikes to skarm ( aka pilot well bronzong ) and it will be really fine.
2) heatran and nape are a big pain, spikes + ghost ( wow gar x spikes, yikes ), hippo seems hard to beat even if we have aboma cause you can't touch it efficiently. And overall i have a bad feeling about the team; pretty heat though.
3) first team of the post that lose to zapmie ... i don't see the point of using cloyster without spin tbh, dders are a pain cause scarfless offense ( but since almost nothing give them a free setup it should be ok ? ). The loom spread is very weird and gives free spikes to skarm which is not good. Gar seems to be a ff mu.
4) zapmie is a pain, nape aswell cause lati is too slow, mixgon is ff mu with spike up. Classic stuff and some good ideas but I think some sets need to be changed.
5) it seems classic overall, i just don't like the raikou set cause imo the invests are useless, you want power to really hit clef; toxic is def a cool approach though. Rest seems ok overall ? I'm just scared of Infernape and SD Lucario of you give him a free setup turn ( locked lati ).
6) another one that lose to zapmie and I also feel that it lacks of raw power and wincond but there's def cool synergies between pokes. Looks oldschool as f.
7) I don't see the point of using a Spikes HO without an antispin in the back, ig you just want to mu fish, so yh same problem again zapmie... Don't give a free setup to Petaya Empo and it should be ok, it's Spikes HO after all.
8) I saw 6 like this so many times and like them but i think we have some movesets / spreads problems ( hpump > surf, hasty > naive etc ). Hope to not face Nape or Starmie and we should be good ig ? We also have 5 grounded pokes without spin control but i can see that every poke doesn't give free spikes ( i don't count rose cause it's shit atm ); the only problematic thing could be suicide lead skarm.

my vote goes for cubic, most solid overall. Good ideas overall but the execution doesn't seem good for a lot of teams. And the redundant weaknesses are surprising.
best set is imo the toxtect one from fidgety, subcm is déjà vu and tspikes dependant, scarf seems ok but rotom with mach punch support seems just better and 4atks lacks of power vs bulky teams

Student of Sinnoh pq t'as mis un rotom frost alors que c un rotom wash gros golem d'argile

spr_pt_479-frost_2.png

don aigri mode finished

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Night Slash
- Facade

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wish
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Body Slam

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch

going for a zapmie paraspam team with a jirachi set ive always wanted to use (wish uturn). fairly generic, but im new to teambuilding and want to get the fundamentals of teambuilding before doing anything more experimental that wish uturn rachi with heracross lmao

hera doesnt have stone edge because hitting nidoqueen and gliscor for neutral 140 is probably more important than hitting zapdos gyara dnite etc with a 200 80 acc move vs a 140 100 acc move. 196 speed is to outspeed adamant luc and max speed heatran

I was mentioned in the DPPcord that this would be a free win for me. Let it be known, I will somehow lose this.
Heracross is genuinely a cool mon that I think has a lot of potential.
https://pokepast.es/5ef5df7e47352ec3
smoltran.png
coonersmol.png
smolcross.png
tyranismol.png
mowtom-smol.png
metasmol.png

Not gonna do any explanations as I've went through my thought process for the team somewhere in DPPcord, but I've used this before and I think it's pretty fun. Pretty standard pseudo TarTranLoom offense.

https://pokepast.es/bbdd009c88db7e6f
:yanmega: :heracross: :forretress: :scizor: :blissey: :latias:

BUG GYM LEADER!!!

You might think a team that A) stacks 4 of the worst type in the game and B) was built in 2018 wouldn't be so good... but you'd be fucking wrong!!! In fact, I've reached quite high on the ladder with this team in the past. The general idea here is for the 4 bugs to collectively put pressure on their shared counters like Gliscor, Zapdos, Skarm, Heatran, etc, to eventually sweep with Scizor. The offensive core of Specs Yanmega (which also happens to have a lot of positive lead matchups) + Scarf Hera works quite well, as the former excels vs fat teams thanks to 544 spatk + Tinted Lens while the latter excels vs offense thanks to its ability to function as both a breaker and a revenge killer. While Scarf Hera does let stuff like physdef Skarm and Hippo in for free, you have a Forry to use them as setup fodder. Scizor is the main sweeper while Blissey and Lati are the mandatory checks to the myriad of things that squash the bugs, most notably Heatran. Honestly the team is surprisingly effective... unless you play Fire Punch Rachi, but if that happens my advice is just call them a virgin and leave.

Congratulation to innisfree for winning this week !

The team : https://pokepast.es/bbdd009c88db7e6f

Now, you'll build around Lucario!

1713125771437.png

One of my favourite mon ever, it's almost not used anymore but still good in my opinion. It's really hard to build around it as it's a steel that doesn't have much defensive utility. Scarf, specs, band, SD, CM... I'll let you guys find the right formula, def a challenge. gl

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)