Tournament Doubles Premier League X - Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host

Art by GenOne

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>
Commencement<<

Paldea Cratermakers (5) vs (3) Snowpoint City Cold Crew
SV DOU: EternalSnowman vs xqiht
SV DOU: Flying Beagle vs Loudwinner
SV DOU: shadekirby321 vs raf
SV DUU: Robbie35646 vs ratpacker
SS DOU: Tenzai vs robjr
SM DOU: Ann vs Yoda2798
XY DOU: zee vs SingleThunder
BW DOU: Mishimono vs DaWoblefet

Milwaukee Ducks (4) vs (4) Slateport City Sp_ndas
SV DOU: papiloco vs Xrn
SV DOU: Enzonana. vs Zeal
SV DOU: Schister vs jonas
SV DUU: RelicanthPrimal vs kaori
SS DOU: MADARAAAA vs Star
SM DOU: SMB vs umbry
XY DOU: Voltix vs sir jelloton
BW DOU: Actuarily vs DaAwesomeDude1

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 17th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Paldea Cratermakers (0) vs (0) Snowpoint City Cold Crew

Milwaukee Ducks (0) vs (0) Slateport City Sp_ndas

eragon

:gaming:
is a Tiering Contributor
We Freed Keanu. Like and Subscribe
Paldea Cratermakers (4) vs (4) Snowpoint City Cold Crew

Milwaukee Ducks (3) vs (5) Slateport City Sp_ndas

bagel

formerly bage1
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris the defending DOU Circuit Champion
Community Leader
This is a very hype semifinals I honestly think it wouldn't be unreasonable for any game up to go either way, so I'm going to highlight 2 games from each match that I think are the most important/interesting.

Cratermakers vs Cold Crew

SV: EternalSnowman (7-0) vs xqiht (5-0)

Pretty much the most fire match up we could have gotten. ESM has been extremely dominant this DPL using a lot of psyspam and unorthodox offense, while xqiht has kinda snuck under the radar from what I can tell. xqiht is also known for being able to bring really fun offensive stuff, but they have a wide range and can use pretty much anything. I'm really excited to see what comes out of the builder from both sides-- will they play it safe of stick to their roots? I don't expect either player to focus too much on gaining matchup in the builder. My money is on a high-octane, high-leverage offensive firefight, but I'm ready for anything.

BW: Mishimono (4-3) vs DaWoblefet (2-5)

Both Cratermakers and Cold Crew have had shaky BW slots which makes this a pretty big swing matchup to me. Mishimono had a good DPL overall going 4-3 but only went 2-3 in BW, while DaWoblefet has had a very out-of-character down year. I'm still only a BW amatuer but looks like Wob is still trying some interesting things in the builder with Chansey and Victini both making an appearence in the regular season. On the otherhand, a lot of Mishimono teams look to be reuses or remakes of others, so maybe Wob can leverage his creativity in the builder. Even with the 2-5 record, its incredibly difficult to ever predict against DaWoblefet in a BW match, so in my eyes the ball is in his court to turn on the gas if Cold Crew want a good shot to win this DPL.

Ducks vs Spindas

SV: papiloco (6-1) vs Xrn (5-2)

We have gotten blessed with our SV matchups especially, as this is another pair of heavy hitters. I view both as players that can use just about anything, but they have definitely displayed some preferences during the regular season. papiloco used a lot of tailwind offense featuring the Chi-Yu whereas Xrn tended to prefer bulkier balance options with some stuff like Kommo-o + Ting-Lu and SnowBax. A clash of these styles would be fun but as I said I could see just about anything from either player. Another interesting aspect here is that Xrn is probably the favorite even though they have the worse record, so I see this as a bit of a prove-it game for both players (not that they both aren't proven great players lol they are both goats either way). Can papiloco prove their place in the upper-echelon of doubles players? Can Xrn defend their pedigree as one of the most consistent gamers around? Find out next time on DPL!

XY: Voltix (2-5) vs sir jelloton (3-4)

This is a bit of an odd matchup, as both players aren't known for playing XY. I see both more as current gen players mostly and wouldn't have been suprised to see them playing SS (or SM in Voltix's case which they did), but XY was a suprise to me. Additionally, both players have branched out a bit compared to a lot of the XY playerbase, mostly avoiding the Deo-S + Gene comps that have been very popular this DPL. Voltix seems to have struggled to find their footing in a pretty stacked XY pool, while Jello had a nice 2-1 run to end the season after jumping into the tier halfway through the season. This is also a rematch from week 6, so the matchup is probably pretty fresh on the mind of both players. Previoulsy Voltix pulled the trigger and brought a Deo-S + Gene squad while Jello brought standard rain. It was a pretty interesting mathcup that I imagine both players had experience testing against, so I wonder if we will see the players stay from the beaten path a bit more this time around. No matter what its XY so its gonna be a banger.

This is shaping up to be a hype playoffs and I'm looking forward to every game, good luck to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)