Double Battle Tourney - Showdown Rules Style!

What Tier should the double battles be in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
count me in

also i quickly voted for ou, but on second thought ubers doubles is awesome :}

I'll join but it should be Showdown Rules not only because you actually have to be more creative since you are more limited in space, easier to construct for Wi-Fi, and it follows the Offical Format ;)

I will join.
I pretty much suck at doubles but with some practice i might not be eliminated right off the bat.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm in.

I think it should be Showdown rules (the rules goodboner posted).
It was my idea :( <sorta; most of it>

Everyone will just spam sleep then...
Erm...if we're playing with item clause then we have Chesto Berry and Lum Berry. As well, the Smeargle + Bronzong set up requires trick room, which means you can have something Safeguard as Smeargle Protects and Bronzong Trick Rooms.

actual, i play doubles occcasionally in local tournaments, and dark void sash or scarfed dark void smeargle=omfgwtfisthisshitihatethisgame.

EDIT: dawnbringer brings a brilliant point. maybe the local people are just super noobs.

Alright people, because Dawnbringer has inspired us, it will be showdown rules!

But now we need to discuss:

6 v 6

or

4 v 4?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
6's.

Forces people to think more about pokemon that mesh together as a whole not just two 2x pokemon combo's. Also gives more room to move and prolongs what we already know to be rather short battles.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ahahaha, I win.

4v4.

Showdown all the way (especially for people who can't go...like me...Canada >.>).

6v6 can also be duos...I don't see how changing the number of pokemon suggests there would be more synergy.

I'm not complaining about the short battles, and since it's WiFi. The animations are going to take a helluva long time for 4 pokemon. However, if people do complain about "short battles", then you can obviously make it out of 3. Which would most likely take the same time as a normal "competitive" battle.

if were going with showdown rules we should do 4v4 because thats the format the showdown will be in.

personally though I'm against showdown rules as they are definitely not the most competitive

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ahahaha, I win.

4v4.

Showdown all the way (especially for people who can't go...like me...Canada >.>).

6v6 can also be duos...I don't see how changing the number of pokemon suggests there would be more synergy.

I'm not complaining about the short battles, and since it's WiFi. The animations are going to take a helluva long time for 4 pokemon. However, if people do complain about "short battles", then you can obviously make it out of 3. Which would most likely take the same time as a normal "competitive" battle.

i second that, 4v4 with best two out of three

Hey dawnbringer is stealing my idea, bad dbr go back to narnia where giant asians live!

Also I would hardly say this is less competitive, there are no "broken" strategies/pokemon as far as I heard from the last showdown so that says enough.

And short battles probably won't be a big deal like dbr said, double elimination would be a good idea so at minimum you'd fight 2 battles

I always liked the idea of double elimination, writing in now.

and i beleive 4v4, OU doubles with showdown rules and double elimination is the way this is rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)