Diablo 3 Open Beta this weekend

I, and I'm sure some others here, were probably too stoned last night and already wasted a day.

Diablo 3 is Blizzards up and coming game to be released next month on 15th.

Open Beta is available from Friday, April 20th, to Monday, April 23rd, where it will end at 10:00AM PDT.

All you need to do is download the client and set up a (free) battle.net account and get your battletag (takes merely a few moments).

Sorry if this was posted somewhere, but I did a quick search and don't believe it has.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo®_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
couldnt even get the launcher installed. been trying since yesterday. oh well, im buying it anyways, i can wait a month.

When I try to log on it say the servers are busy, i am assuming they are working on it or it's full. I don't know why I couldn't even log into my account though.

That's odd, it seemed to work for me.

And the server is up now, they're trying to slowly increase the load.

It's really short, but I've only played the wizard so far. Wanna try out all the others.

I really want to get Diablo III and I've never played a Diablo before. Can someone tell me what hardware requirements I should expect to run it decently?

I really want to get Diablo III and I've never played a Diablo before. Can someone tell me what hardware requirements I should expect to run it decently?
I haven't bothered looking it up, but considering it's a Diablo game, I would say anything around WoW-SC2 level would be about the requirements (so you don't need something able to run Crysis or BF3 at ultra on whatever HD setting, probably something more moderate than that), it doesn't look that graphically intensive anyways.

But eh, I thought about playing the Beta to try it (I was never that big of a Diablo fan, but point/click dungeon crawlers didn't interest me as much when I was younger when it came out), but I still have lots to catch up in swtor, so that's my weekend.

I'm running Windows XP, dual processor @ 2.41ghz, 3.5gb RAM and using a old Nvidia 9600gt card(1GB). As you can see, my setup is old though I can run the game without shadows smoothly ~@50fps.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I'm running Windows XP, dual processor @ 2.41ghz, 3.5gb RAM and using a old Nvidia 9600gt card(1GB). As you can see, my setup is old though I can run the game without shadows smoothly ~@50fps.
Where do you find all of this information again?? It's been a LONG time since I installed any games on my computer. I have doubts as to whether my computer will be able to handle this game.

However, my computer runs Starcraft fairly well and that's a pretty new game. I'm thinking if it can handle that I can probably handle Diablo 3.

Where do you find all of this information again?? It's been a LONG time since I installed any games on my computer. I have doubts as to whether my computer will be able to handle this game.

However, my computer runs Starcraft fairly well and that's a pretty new game. I'm thinking if it can handle that I can probably handle Diablo 3.
Run, "dxdiag"

I can't really tell for some but it appears as if I have an Intel Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHZ (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHZ; 8192 MB RAM; 1696 MB, 1366x768 (32 bit) (60Hz) display

Also will I have to download or install this game or will it just run off a disc? (And how much will it cost?)

you can either purchase a physical copy when it releases, or you can buy a digital copy and download it online. but you will have to install it on your hard drive. and its 60 bucks.

the beta was a lot of fun, short but whatcha gonna do. I really enjoyed the witch doctor, but all 5 classes had some neat traits. I'm pretty excited for may 15!

Ouch, $60 at launch? I'll wait for a price drop.
Or you can shell out an additional $39 for the Collector's Edition >.>

But yeah, if I even get it (which is somewhat unlikely as I really dislike the fact you need an internet connection to play something as simple as single player), I'd probably wait till Black Friday, as Blizz usually does a sale on their stores so for example, SC2 was half off last year. Diablo 3 might not hit half off, but likely will have some discount.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)