Deadly Dancing Dragonite-An OU RMT

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
INTRO

Hello fellow team raters. I decided to post a new RMT here after a long time not being on Shoddy. I wanted to make my team revolving around a certain poke (im sure many of you have figured out which poke it is already) and after A LOT of time building, testing, and fixing I think i finally made one of the best teams I have ever built. This team follows the style of bulky offense. Each poke can take a hit well while hitting hard in return. This team also demonstrates how important synergy is, both offensively and defensively. Every single type in the game is resisted at least twice throughout this team. The main type of style this team has trouble the most is, without a doubt, stall. The skarmbliss combo is annoying as fuck (without shed shell duhh). Spikes are also annoying. Most of my team is grounded, so spikes will be doing some MAJOR damage. Anyways, this team has been very successful for me in the past, when I was still solid. I posted my team here for any suggestions you guys give me. I will seriously consider anything you guys suggest (unless i know it just sucks).
Well, so much for the intro. Here is my newest team so far, Deadly Dancing Dragonite!

FIRST LOOK

CLOSER LOOK:

Swampert @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/4 atk/212 def/40 spDEF
Relaxed nature (+def, -spe)
-Stealth rock
-Earthquake
-Ice beam
-Roar

Swampert has been and always will be one of the most reliable leads in the metagame. Its ability to get up SR in the beginning of the match 90% of the time, combat many opposing leads such as tyranitar and metagross, and the bulk to be used on later in the match significantly benefits every team greatly.

Instead of going for the standard 252 HP/252 def I sacrificed some def EVs and put them in spDEF. This allows Swampert to take special hits slightly better while still being able to wall most physical assaults. Lum Berry is chosen over lefties so if a sleeping lead tries to cripple me first turn, I can instantly wake up and set up SR. The moves are pretty self-explanatory, and Roar is chosen in the last slot to scout early in the game, rack up SR damage, and to stop Ninjask leads in their tracks.

Swampert is usually saved for later on in the game in case a physical set up sweeper is about to wreck my team (i.e salamence, tyranitar). This is what swampy does vs the top 15 leads in the metagame:

azelf: ice beam first turn since they will taunt and break their sash, then switch to scarf magnezone/scizor for the OHKO.

metagross: SR first turn, then stay in to take the explosion since nothing on the team can take it well. if its one of the more conservative leads without explosion, ice beam their switch.

swampert: cool, we're both leading with perts. SR, then switch to Celebi to take the EQ, then cripple their switch-in with thunder wave.

jirachi: SR, if they trick then take the scarf. if they dont and instead SR, ice beam since they are obviously u-turning out.

aerodactyl: ice beam for the 2HKO.

infernape: SR first turn. if they have grass knot, the 40 spDEF EVs ensure that i will always survive, and then i can go to Dragonite as set up fodder. If they don't have grass knot, EQ it.

roserade: Damn I hate this lead so much. Lum off the sleep and set up SR, then stay in to absorb another sleep, then go to scarf Magnezone to 2HKO it. If they leaf storm instead though, I am in a really bad position.

heatran: SR, then 2HKO it with EQ while it cant do that much back (shuca saves her).

tyranitar: SR first turn, then hit their switch with ice beam.

gliscor: Since everyone switches out in fear of an ice beam/surf, go straight for the SR.

ninjask: SR as they sub, ice beam their sub till they get to around 50%, then roar it out. With SR up this thing is not coming back alive.

hippowdon: SR, then spam ice beam on it.

smeargle: same thing as roserade

uxie: SR, then switch to Scizor to absorb the yawn, and u-turn outta there.

bronzong: SR, then switch to Heatran to force it out.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural cure
EVs: 252 HP/216 def/8 spDEF/32 spe
Bold nature (+def, -atk)
-Thunder wave
-Leech seed
-Grass knot
-Recover

The first half of the celetran combo. Celebi is really a fantastic addition to this team. It has solid base 100/100/100 defenses, allowing it to take most non bug moves thrown at it. Celebi is extremely vital to this team by spreading paralysis around the opposing team. Most switch ins to Celebi (i.e heatran, gengar) hate being paralyzed.

With Leech seed and recover, Celebi is able to outstall numerous pokes, and grass knot is there for gyarados and tyranitar, who are both hit for massive damage. T-wave is here because if you notice, most of my team is quite slow (except magnezone and thats only because of the scarf), so paralysis support really helps this team greatly.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash fire
EVs: 252 spATK/4 spDEF/252 spe
Timid nature (+spe, -atk)
-Flamethrower
-Earth power
-HP Grass
-Explosion

The other part of the Celetran combo. Heatran really shines in this team, being able to regulary take out 1-2 pokes every match, sometimes even more. It weakens the opposing team so Dragonite has a chance to sweep later on in the match. Heatran switches in on Scizor, Lucario (they will always assume im scarf for some reason) and the like, hit their Heatran counter with flamethrower, switch out, and repeat the process. This makes the opposing team so weakened that any of the other pokes can easily finish them off, specifically Dragonite.

A nice, standard 252 spatk/252 spe is required for offensive power, and timid nature is chosen because Heatran's bulk is too great to pass up. Explosion will still OHKO most Blissey after they switch in on SR anyway. Flamethrower is chosen over Fire Blast because i realized I favored accuracy over power after I lost a match where fire blast missed Scizor and Heatran got OHKOed by superpower.... :( HP Grass is for bulky waters, 2HKOing each one of them that think they can wall this set.

Magnezone @ Choice scarf
Ability: Magnet pull
EVs: 4 def/252 spATK/252 spe
Timid nature (+spe, -atk)
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Flash Cannon
-Explosion

Any team that's goal is to let Dragonite get a clean sweep should greatly consider Magnezone. Magnezone traps Skarmory, Forretress and the like (fuck shed shell) and deals massive damage to them while they can't do that much in return. With these two gone Dragonite will be able to sweep much easier. Another added bonus is that the combination of Magnezone + Dragonite resists every single type in the game, and thats a huge plus.

Another standard 252 spatk/252 spe spread. I oringinally used the "Steel Killer" set with substitute and lefties, but I changed to this set because I needed the extra speed badly. HP Ice takes advantage of Magnezone's steel typing to switch in on a Salamence's outrage, then OHKO that stupid dragon with HP ice. Flash cannon catches Tyranitar on the switch and 2HKOes most ones.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner focus
EVs: 224 HP/28 atk/100 def/140 spDEF/16 spe
Careful nature (+spDEF, -spATK)
-Dragon dance
-Dragon claw
-Earthquake
-Roost

The star of the show! First, just look at that sexy sprite :) Anyways, this Dragonite is a pain to take down, as it just won't die unless you pack a strong rock or ice move or toxic. Also, if I am facing a stall team, and Dragonite is my last poke, there is a huge possibility that I will still win because of Roost and dragonite's immunity to toxic spikes.

With a careful nature, 224 HP EVs, 140 spDEF EVs, Dragonite is sure to survive bulky Swampert and bulky Suicune's ice beam even AFTER sr. I actually roost stalled a vaporeon spamming ice beam to get up to +4 atk, that's how bulky this thing is. (crit or freeze hax is gay though) 16 EVs in speed allow me to get to 300 speed after one dragon dance, outspeeding neutral natured Salamence and other base 100s by one point. 28 evs are placed in attack to have some power, and the rest are placed in defense to take hits from both sides of the spectrum well.

You may notice that this set is extremely walled by Skarmory and Bronzong, so thats why I use Magnezone with it.

Scizor @ Choice band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP/176 atk/168 spDEF/4 spe
Adamant nature (+atk, -spATK)
-U-Turn
-Bullet punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Scizor makes its way to another team yet again! You guys should have all seen this set already so I will just provide a brief explanation. Spam U-turn early in the game to scout the team, pursuit choiced gengars and latias' shadow ball and draco meteor respectively as they switch, Superpower is for Blissey, and Bullet punch is in the late game when Dragonite/Heatran weakened the opposing team enough for Scizor to sweep.

The given EV spread help Scizor become incredibly bulky on the special side, which helps it survive random stuff like Celebi's HP fire, and 176 atk is still good enough for dealing damage.

CONCLUSION

So there you go, that's my team. I hope you all enjoyed reading this RMT, and please post a reply to it!

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
Threat list

DEFENSIVE THREATS

blissey: Scizor is my first switch in, who is immune to toxic and can damage with superpower/u-turn, although i have to watch out for flamethrower. heatran and magnezone can explode on it.

bronzong: Heatran OHKOes with flamethrower, scizor can damage it with u-turn.

celebi: heatran and scizor, although they have to watch out for earth power and HP fire, respectively.

cresselia: Scizor does a shitload with U-turn, Celebi can stall it out with Leech seed and recover, Heatran can do massive damage to it.

donphan: Celebi, Swampert, even Heatran

dusknoir: Switch in Scizor, u-turn out and switch in Heatran on the WoW/fire punch, then do massive damage to it with a flash fire boosted flamethrower.

forretress: Dragonite can set up on it if it lacks explosion, heatran can OHKO it, Magnezone can trap weakened ones w/o shed shell and OHKO it.

gliscor: swampert OHKOes with ice beam, magnezone outspeeds and OHKOes with HP Ice.

gyarados: Celebi, Magnezone.

hippowdon: Celebi destroys this.

jirachi: Swampert, Heatran. Celebi can take care of the calm mind versions.

rotom-h: Most come in on Scizor, so I just go to Heatran and get a free flash fire boost from WoW/overheat, then proceed to OHKO.

skarmory: Heatran OHKOes it, Magnezone traps those w/o shed shell and OHKOes it.

snorlax: Celebi can stall these out with leech seed and recover, swampert can roar snorlaxes that attempt to curse, scizor OHKOes with Superpower.

suicune: Celebi destroys Crocune, Magnezone does a shitload with Tbolt even after a calm mind boost, Heatran can 2HKO it with HP Grass and Scizor takes its attacks quite well and strikes back hard with U-turn.

swampert: Celebi, Heatran OHKOes with HP Grass.

tentacruel: Magnezone deals massive damage to it, and heatran can finish weakened ones off with Earth power.

tyranitar: Swampert, Magnezone and Heatran can both 2HKO it, Celebi outspeeds and hits hard with grass knot. Scizor destroys it too.

vaporeon: Celebi, Magnezone

zapdos: Swampert if its still alive, if its not it might get tricky. I usually go to Scizor, then switch to Heatran as they Heat Wave and get a free OHKO with boosted flamethrower.

OFFENSIVE THREATS:

azelf: see the top 15 leads. Nasty plot versions are OHKOed by Scizor after SR.

breloom: Go to Celebi and PP stall it out with Recover. Scizor does massive damage to it, and both Magnezone and Heatran OHKO.

dragonite: Swampert if its still alive. Celebi can paralyze it, and then Magnezone can outspeed it and OHKO with HP Ice. Ones with Roost are a little bit tricky.

dugtrio: this thing can come in and DESTROY Heatran and Magnezone. Luckily, this thing isn't too common, and it can't touch Celebi or Swampert.

electivire: Celebi can come in and take a fire punch just fine and stall it out with leech seed, but flamethrower hurts a lot. Swampert if its still alive.

gallade: Celebi can take even a +2 night slash and paralyze it. Heatran and Magnezone does a shitload, and Scizor revenge kills it.

gengar: Scizor.

gyarados: Celebi, Magnezone.

heatran: This thing is incredibly tricky until I know its moveset. If it lacks HP Grass, Swampert walls it. If it lacks explosion, Dragonite sets up on it. As I said before, I need to know its full moveset, so it usually requires a sacrifice.

heraross: Most ones are scarfed, so I use the amazing type synergy of Celebi + Heatran to make it take SR damage, and Scizor can then revenge kill it once its weakened enough. SD ones are revenged killed by Scizor and outsped by Heatran.

infernape: Ones that are lacking HP Ice are set up fodder for Dragonite, ones that lack grass knot are walled by Swampert. After a CC defense drop, Magnezone outspeeds and OHKOes with tbolt.

jolteon: set up fodder for Dragonite. Scizor revenges weakened ones.

latias: I usually sac swampy to take the draco meteor, than i send in Scizor and pursuit it.

kingdra: I need to know its complete set first. If its physical or mixed, Celebi shuts it down completly. If its special and packs signal beam, Magnezone outspeeds and explodes on it. If rain is up I need to stall out the 8 turns with my amazing type synergy and intelligent switching.

lucario: Celebi paralyzes it so Heatran can OHKO it. After a CC drop, Magnezone outspeeds and OHKOes with tbolt.

machamp: Once Celebi snaps out of confusion, it can stall it out with leech seed and recover. Scizor revenges it, and both Heatran and Magnezone do a shitload. This thing is annoying to the max.

magnezone: If its scarfed and locked on HP Fire/tbolt, Dragonite can set up on it and can even survive an unboosted HP Ice. Heatran outspeeds and destroys it.

mamoswine: Heatran, Magnezone, Scizor.

metagross: see 15 leads description. Agility/CB ones are destroyed by Celebi and Swampert. Heatran outspeeds before an agility and OHKOes.

porygon-z: Scizor, Magnezone can take most hits thrown at it and hit back hard.

salamence: Salamence are too fucking versatile these days, so I usually need to sac a poke just to know its set. If its DD version, Swampert and Celebi can both deal with it. If its mixed, magnezone outspeeds and OHKOes it. Scizor can finish weakened ones off with bullet punch.

scizor: Heatran, Magnezone, Swampert

starmie: Magnezone outspeeds and OHKOes, Scizor destroys this.

togekiss: Dragonite sets up on this thing like crazy thanks to inner focus. Scizor's bullet punch hurts after SR, and Magnezone outspeeds and does a shitload.

tyranitar: Scizor, Swampert

weavile: Scizor is the reason why no one even uses this thing anymore.

yanmega: Dragonite sets up on it, and after SR Scizor kills with bullet punch.

zapdos: go to Scizor and get a free flash fire boost from Heatran, then proceed to OHKO. If it lacks HP Ice Dragonite can set up on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)