D/P Electrode .

Rewrote this to make it look much more presentable.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/electrode

[SET]
Name: Rain Dance Electrode
Move 1: Thunder
Move 2: Explosion
Move 3: Rain Dance
Move 4: Taunt
Item: Damp Rock / Focus Sash
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 236 Atk / 44 SpA / 228 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Electrode is the fastest user of Rain Dance in UU and creates the perfect support Pokemon for a Rain Dance Team. Electrode also has some handy attacks allowing it to set up Rain Dance without harm.

<p>Trying to set up Rain Dance quick is usually the best idea as there is a plethora of Pokemon in UU who benefit from Rain Dance. However if you fear Sunny Day, Taunt can be used first to ensure that Rain Dance is the weather on the field. Taunt also helps with a Stealth Rock lead, allowing your team to come in without damage. Once safety is ensured and Rain Dance is on the field, try to immediately use Explosion. This will potentially kill one Pokemon of the opponents as well as bring in your sweeper without fear of an attack. Thunder is a last resort against Pokemon such as Drifblim and those pokemon with the Damp ability (bar Quagsire). These Pokemon are immune to Explosion and could destroy all your plans for a Rain Dance sweep.</p>

<p>With Electrode's Base 140 Speed stat, you are almost guaranteed to attack first. For this reason Damp Rock may be the best choice to ensure 8 turns of rain. However if you fear priority, Focus Sash allows you to survive any such attack and still keep Rain Dance up.</p>

<p>You want a lot of EVs in Attack for Explosion. Without them you may end up missing on a few OHKOs that would be possible otherwise. 228 Speed EVs allow you to outpace every other threat in UU including the odd Scarf Hitmonlee. The rest can be poured into Special Attack to enhance Thunder's power.</p>

[SET]
Item: Focus Sash / Damp Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 SpA / 212

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Electrode is the fastest user(singular, not plural) of Rain Dance in UU and creates the perfect support Pokemon for a Rain Dance Team. The usual plan should be to quickly set up Rain Dance and Explode to get your Rain Dance sweeper in quickly. However Elecrode has a few other tricks to ensure Rain Dance is set up safely. If you see a Pokemon that most likely has Sunny Day and is slower the Electrode, Taunt can easily save the day. This also stops any Pokemon for using status attacks such as Thunder Wave or Hypnosis which may ruin your plans. Thunder is a quick way to deal with Poliwrath, Politoed, and Drifblim, all of whom are immune to Explosion thanks to Damp or their Ghost typing.</p>

<p>With Electrode's Base 140 Speed stat, you are almost guaranteed to attack first. For this reason Damp Rock may be the best choice to ensure 8 turns of rain. However if you fear priority, Focus Sash allows you to survive any such attack and still keep Rain Dance up.</p>
A few spelling mistakes, and a few grammar errors.

[SET]
Name: RD Electrode
Item: Focus Sash / Damp Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 SpA / 212 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Electrode is the fastest user of Rain Dance in UU and creates the perfect support Pokemon for a Rain Dance Team. The usual plan should be to quickly set up Rain Dance and Explode to get your Rain Dance sweeper in quickly. However, Electrode has a few other tricks to ensure Rain Dance is set up safely. If you see a Pokemon that most likely has Sunny Day and is slower than Electrode, Taunt can easily save the day. This also stops any Pokemon from using status attacks such as Thunder Wave or Hypnosis, which may ruin your plans. Thunder is a quick way to deal with Poliwrath, Politoed, and Drifblim, all of whom are immune to Explosion thanks to Damp or their Ghost typing.</p>

<p>With Electrode's Base 140 Speed stat, you are almost guaranteed to attack first. For this reason, Damp Rock may be the best choice to ensure 8 turns of rain. However, if you fear priority, Focus Sash allows you to survive any such attack and still keep Rain Dance up.</p>

In addition to Sikh's edits.

Also, shouldn't Damp Rock be listed before Focus Sash, since you say Damp Rock is the best choice for an item, and Focus Sash is more of a secondary choice?

completely redid this analysis. Same moveset but the comments are entirely different and much more detailed.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Electrode is the fastest user of Rain Dance in UU and creates the perfect support Pokemon for a Rain Dance Team. Electrode also has some handy tactics allowing it to set up a guaranteed Rain Dance.

No attack lets it set up RD without harm, but it ahs some tactics to set up Rain Dance so I rephrased it.

<p>Trying to set up Rain Dance quick is usually the best idea as there is a plethora of Pokemon in UU who benefit from Rain Dance. However, if you fear Sunny Day, Taunt can be used first to ensure that Rain Dance is the weather on the field. Taunt also helps with a Stealth Rock lead, allowing your team to come in without damage. Once safety is ensured and Rain Dance is on the field, try to immediately use Explosion. This will potentially kill one Pokemon of the opponents as well as bring in your sweeper without fear of an attack. Thunder is a last resort against Pokemon such as Drifblim and Damp Poliwrath. Both are immune to Explosion and could set up a Substitute as you switch to your sweeper. Thunder will dent these 2 Pokemon, allowing your sweepers to come in unharmed and begin a sweep.</p>

<p>With Electrode's Base 140 Speed stat, you are almost guaranteed to attack first. For this reason Damp Rock may be the best choice to ensure 8 turns of rain. However if you fear priority, Focus Sash allows you to survive any such attack and still get Rain Dance up.</p>

<p>You would want a lot of EVs in Attack for Explosion. Without them, you may end up missing on a few OHKOs that would be possible otherwise. 212 Speed EVs allow you to outrun every other threats in UU. The rest can be poured into Special Attack to enhance Thunder's power.</p>

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sadly, Electrode isn't as good as LC Voltorb, KinglerDude. He's going to need HP Grass as an option there for the inevitable Gastrodon, which IIRC could probably survive his Explosion and Recover off the damage.

Sadly, Electrode isn't as good as LC Voltorb, KinglerDude. He's going to need HP Grass as an option there for the inevitable Gastrodon, which IIRC could probably survive his Explosion and Recover off the damage.
I don't think so.
the objective of the set is to setup RD while not letting your oponent setup with you, so Taunt is necessary, as explained on the set. Explosion is also a must so you can give a free switch-in to your Omastar/Gorebyss who won't give a damn about Gastrodon with if it's using HP Grass (witch is the better choice). Also, if you Taunt Gastro, he can't Recover.
And I'm saying that because I have a lot of experience facing RD Teams with that Electrode, and all the moves listed are necessary.

not to mention, HP Grass won't kill Gastrodon without more SAtk investment (even max SAtk won't), and this set is supposed to Explode right away to sweep with your Swift Swimmer anyway.

Thunder is a last resort against Pokemon such as Drifblim and those pokemon with the Damp ability (bar Quagsire).
Golduck, Politoed and Quagsire can all also run Damp - not that its used on any of the four with any regularity.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rewrote this to make it look much more presentable.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Electrode is the fastest user of Rain Dance in UU and creates the perfect support Pokemon for a Rain Dance Team. Electrode also has some handy moves allowing it to set up Rain Dance without harm.

<p>Trying to set up Rain Dance quick is usually the best idea as there is a plethora of Pokemon in UU who benefit from Rain Dance. However if you fear Sunny Day, Taunt can be used first to ensure that Rain Dance is the weather on the field. Taunt also helps with a Stealth Rock lead, allowing your team to come in without damage. Once safety is ensured and Rain Dance is on the field, try to immediately use Explosion. This will potentially kill one Pokemon of the opponents as well as bring in your sweeper without fear of an attack. Thunder is a last resort against Pokemon such as Drifblim and those pokemon with the Damp ability (bar Quagsire). These Pokemon are immune to Explosion and could destroy all your plans for a Rain Dance sweep.</p>

<p>With Electrode's Base 140 Speed stat, you are almost guaranteed to attack first. For this reason Damp Rock may be the best choice to ensure 8 turns of rain. However if you fear random Choice Scarf leads or priority, Focus Sash allows you to survive any such attacks and still set Rain Dance up.</p>

(Not sure any Priority moves can KO Electrode from right off the get-go. You wouldn't be keeping Rain Dance up, you would be setting it up, assuming this is meant to be a Lead.)

<p>You want a lot of EVs in Attack for Explosion. Without them you may end up missing on a few OHKOs that would be possible otherwise. 212 Speed EVs allow you to outpace every other threat in UU. The rest can be poured into Special Attack to enhance Thunder's power.</p>
(I'm not sure that you really need 252 Atk Ev's to OHKO what you are trying too. I would probably just use what is necessary to get the kill, and then invest more in Sp. Atk, so that he can hold is own as well, and not just a poke that sets up rain, and then explodes. Just my 2 cents.)

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Mention some specific examples of what Explosion can OHKO (the bulkiest ones of course). I can't believe I missed that one.

Awesome lead, I've been running it on shoddy OU ladder with my Rain Dance Team, and it seems it can also work on this tier (although Focus Sash is more of a requirement due to ocassional Deoxys-s leads), so I think you could mention that to in the description.

And Junior, I don't think Explosion damage calcs would be useful for the set since the set's purpose is just to set up Rain Dance and leave the field open for a Swift Swim sweeper and running damage calcs on the description would make it look as an offensive set when it's not.

It may be helpful to list the damage calculations for Thunder on Golduck.

Golduck can either Nullify Rain Dance with Cloud Nine, or prevent Explosion with Damp, so Thunder is the most efficient way to hit it. (Golduck with Damp also gets a boost to Surf under the Rain, so it could 1hko Electrode, which is why it is a threat).

Just a suggestion to add damage calculations for Electrode's Thunder Vs the standard Golduck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)