CAP 9 CAP 9 - Part 8 - Stat Spread Poll 2

What should be CAP 9's Stat Spread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder... seeing as the Stage 3 added 'if it's close' clause, if Plus will make a choice based on argumements if there is no clear winner.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I kinda wish Deck Knight's spread lost 20 or so s.atk in exchange for Korski's speed...as it is I have to choose between Deck Knight's bulkier spread and Korski's ability to outspeed the base 100 group... But then, even if Deck Knight's spread is bulkier in terms of base stats, it will need more speed investment to beat the secondary users it needs to beat, so will ultimately have less EVs to invest in defence. I think that edges Korski's build to victory in my eyes.

I'm voting with the Admiral here. A like beating 100s and I think that 95 is too slow. I wish we could have 111 speed because I hate Latias and Gengar but oh well...

I think that the ridiculous HP makes him too good of a physical defender also with Deck Knight's spread. I would like to see this CAP have good SpD stats with only decent Def stats because most secondary users hit from the Special side. We might kind of miss the extra Atk/SpA that Deck's spread offers but I like extra speed better.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Only 3 people wrote a reason about why they voted Deck Knight. It is sickening to vote for no reason. I wish this was bold voting, Admiral Korski's spread would win.
Bold voting doesn't require reasoning. Just because they voted without posting doesn't mean they don't have a reason. If you really want a reason for why I voted for Deck, its because I believe bulk will help this Pokemon WAY more than speed, especially because I believe 108 speed to be excessive.

Edit: Agreeing with Dragonites, I am also a noob that votes for no reason. Deck Knight is a pretty name ^_^

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay since I'm one of the people who voted for Deck Knight let me justify my case, in hopes that people will not bash other users mindlessly as they have already. Cut the fucking crap -- It's CAP, not some philosophical bullshit that lots of you are pissing your pants over.

I really like both spreads here, and I really don't mind who wins. The main things that seperate Deck and Korskis is probably HP and Speed. While Korski does gain the upper advantage in speed, Deck gains his advantage in terms of HP and power. I voted for Deck Knight's spread based on his power, and his defenses aren't too good or too bad either. Deck's speed isn't a downer either. It is high enough to easily beat the standard Celebi and can has the potential to outspeed Jirachi as well (not that it matters with that bulk anyways). Everybody who wants to pee in their pants because Celebi outspeeds it has not played a fucking game of standard OU in a while. The chances that it will run enough speed to outspeed CAP 9 is low. You either run Offensive Celebi in that case, or you don't run it at all. Korski's speed is decent and requires less investment to outspeed them, but in the end it loses out on the bulk and power that Deck Knight's has. Not that it's particularly low, it's just well...higher.

This HP is not ridiculous, nor is it a stretch from anything. Vaporeon has 130 HP and needs to invest in it's abysmal defense to be able to take those hits well. Apart from the fact that this thing will be investing primarily in its attack/speed as opposed to it's defenses, it's typing isn't defensive.

95 Speed imo is perfect, as it can draw a line between beating the defensive base 100s like Celebi, or support Jirachi. You also get enough speed to outrun Lucario, Rotom and friends who like to stay in the 280s area in speed. The majority of secondary falls under that range. For everything else that runs Trick or simply kills it such as Latias, Starmie and the likes still fall above the 108 mark. Hell, Sucker Punch is a good option on this thing if you want to kill faster mons. Not downgrading korski's spread as I've chosen it over many, but I'm just swayed more towards Deck for this reason. Similar to how people have been screaming GUTS IS BROKEN, people still haven't given me a significant reason that 108 speed is necessary. I acknowledge that it has its merits, do not get me wrong. (you probably will!) I simply think 95 is adequate enough, and the bulk and HP of Deck's spread has hit the spot.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Only 3 people wrote a reason about why they voted Deck Knight. It is sickening to vote for no reason. I wish this was bold voting, Admiral Korski's spread would win.
Im guessing that it's a bunch of noobs who are just mindlessly voting without thinking.
How about some people that actually visit and stay at our server vote and not random users who aren't familiar with it?

Anyway, I voted for Deck Knight for many reasons: 1. Because I like to vote for no reason; 2. I'm a noob mindlessly voting without thinking; 3. Deck Knight's spread allows for greater bulk as well as more power (we haven't had anything with a high Attack stat yet that has powerful moves to use with it- I'm talking to you Syclant), whilst Admiral_Korski's has too much Speed in my opinion. I'd be all for 111 Speed, but anything between 92-110 is out of range.

If our CaP has to outspeed "threats(?)" such as Celebi and Jirachi who rarely run max speed unless Scarfed anyway, then it should be able to outspeed base 115s too (Azelf/Starmie). And that.. is completely ridiculous too. Therefore, DK's 95 base speed is perfectly suitable; the only Dark weak type in that proximity that ever runs max speed is Rotom-A, which is all I require this CaP to outspeed. 108 base speed won't do it any good against Gengar either because even it will outspeed.

Raikaria mentioned that DK's would be Lucario food.. would this be the Lucario that is never used at CaP because so many already existing CaPs can completely shut it down? By golly, it is!

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Closing, congratulations to Deck Knight for his stat spread as well as korski for making a great spread/putting up a fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)