CAP 9 CAP 9 - Part 13b - Attacking Moves Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drill Peck

is the only one I can see this CAP using, while it won't make it bait for one of the most annoying secondary users of them all, Breloom, Meanwhile, it's not brokenly powerful, and dosen't give a lot of coverage outside of Breloom, Celebi (Covered and lost to anyway if it's offensive), Infernape (Covered) and Machamp.

Guts Explosion isn't that bad, it only does 69.76% - 82.14% to physical wall Hippowdon
What do you mean "only"?

CAP9 needs some form of priority.
Quick Attack? That's a form of priority, even if it does suck.

Besides, it needs to decently damage Rhyperior somehow

Well, it has to attack Skamory somehow
Why does it have to decently damage either of these? Rhyperior's a physical tank but not a secondary effect user so he should be one of the bigger checks to CAP9. Skarmory, on the other hand, gets shut down by Taunt, which is a crucial move for CAP9's concept so should be on every movepool submitted anyway. CAP9 doesn't have to be able to kill every secondary effect abuser.

Personally, since this thing gets Guts, I don't think it should be allowed any non-STAB move of more than 100 base power. The extra coverage gained is enough to make counters into checks so the sheer power of the move will make them incredibly shaky checks. Therefore I outright oppose Explosion, Hydro Pump, Brave Bird, Fire Blast and Overheat. Another thing to consider is that CAP9 is checked by pokemon intended to switch in on and take physical hits such as Rhyperior, Hippowdon, Gliscor and Gyarados. If any such pokemon is 4x weak to any move on the list, then said pokemon is not a check any longer and the move should be disallowed. Therefore there are only three moves in the list that I will be competitively happy with:

U-turn
Drill Peck
Zen Headbutt

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ice Shard
Ice Punch
Hydro Pump
Aqua Tail
Drill Peck
Zen Headbutt
Ice Fang

Thunder Fang
Explosion
Ice Punch
Aqua Tail
Drill Peck
Zen Headbutt
Ice Fang
Fire Blast
Overheat

To me, it seems like the type that could utilize special based Fire moves.

Ice Shard
Thunder Fang
Explosion
Ice Punch
U-turn
Hydro Pump
Aqua Tail
Brave Bird
Drill Peck
Zen Headbutt
Ice Fang
Fire Blast
Overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)