CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 10a - Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll make my final submission:

Typhraawr (Pronounced ti-FRAW-er)

A combination of Typhoon and Raawr.

This name is awesome because both Typhoon and Raawr a FUN to say.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Last minute entry!

Final Submission: Cumulohm

cu·mu·lus (kyōōm'yə-ləs)
n. pl. cu·mu·li (-lī')
A dense, white, fluffy, flat-based cloud with a multiple rounded top and a well-defined outline, usually formed by the ascent of thermally unstable air masses.
So a dense cloud (which is an element which appears on both the art designs!) and a unit of resistance makes sense for something defensive!

I also think the name flows pretty well.

First time posting a name submission because I suck at coming up with these things. Well anyway:

Final submission: Woltampra

Final Submission: Thundra

Previously a combonation of thunder and dragon/draco, it may also be considered a combination of the words thunder and Hydra, a mullti-headed dragon-like serpent, which would make the name fit Cyzir's design a bit more.

Having finally seen who has won the Art Poll, my Final Submission is Thundrahed. It comes from the word thunderhead, which is another name for a thundercloud. You can also see it as a portmanteau of Thunder + Dragon + Head (alluding to CAP8's three heads).

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission: Impregria

The first syllable is for

Impregnable -able to withstand attacks (due to bulkiness)
impossible to "take by the storm"

The first syllable depicts its bulkiness while the -ria at the end is to shorten it and make it flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)