CAP 8 CAP 8 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pkmntaicho321: Looks good, the duel colors really show the electric aspect.
@wyverii: Amazing. Some other color schemes might be good to see, but I like the grey/yellow right now.
@caladbolg: Both look good, and capture that cute/cool idea you mentioned.
@princess power: It's a good concept, and except for the sharp angles what I expected Electric/Dragon to look like when I first heard the typing.

Well here is my VERY rough and pretty bad design so far, any suggestions on how to improve it (other than shading and such, more the design itself)

Im going to change the hands later, as well as the head, and the body... but the idea will be the same, sort of a dragon-lakitu thing. And I dont know why it has no background, I didnt mean for that to happen...

...So how are we supposed to make a concept for a pokemon designed to take advantage of its special ability without knowing that ability?

The only thing we know so far is that it wont have levitate, so it shouldn't be a flying serpent type of dragon...

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus

Well,... I'm trying xD
Looks like a child playing with something, in this case: electricity.

Now I have new ideas.

We open it early so people can get a head start on there work and hear people's opinion. People then make edits once they know all the information about the Pokemon.

...So how are we supposed to make a concept for a pokemon designed to take advantage of its special ability without knowing that ability?

The only thing we know so far is that it wont have levitate, so it shouldn't be a flying serpent type of dragon...
Plenty of pokemon have Wings/Levitate in the anime, and can still get hurt by ground moves, Like Venomoth, Beedrill, Magenzone, Metagross, etc. Wings are fine if the design doesnt make it loook like its dragon/electric-flying

Yeah, dragonbeard. If you're going to give the dragon arms, Solstice, I'd suggest giving him hands as well. The bolts coming out of his wrists don't sit well with me at the moment.

Some rather rough sketches for the dragon. Subject to change to reflect the trends in upcoming polls perhaps. He'll come to your village and take a thundershit unless you give him a lovely virgin he'll take up into the mountains with the Electabuzz and drink Pokemon booze with.

I like this guy.

CAP 1 = Arctic Scyther Not Cute
CAP 2 = Undead Spirit Not Cute
CAP 3 = Megaman Lizard form Not Cute
CAP 4 = Diglet + Drill + Hands (Lots of em) Cute-ish but not downright adorable
CAP 5 = Sickley Rock Not Cute, though it is closer than some
CAP 6 = PIRATE WITH BOXING GLOVES Huggable, like a stuffed animal, but not adorable
CAP 7 = Bleachmon I want to cuddle it! Though there were better sprite choices for the cutesy look, but we didn't vote in favor of them

Which of those sounds cute to you?
I am currently in favor of Wyverii. I might give a shot myself but my art skills are kinda pathetic when it comes to drawing anything other than objects.

@DarthVader: Do you mean I should make the picture a bit "softer?" I'm hoping that the lightning stands out a bit better now that it's colored. When I thought Electric/Dragon, I immediately went with "Spiky Wings!" threw in Dragonair's serpentish feel, and.. I dunno. Photoshop's been fun.

@Cartoons!: That Dragon thingy is huge! Maybe slim him down a little? Otherwise, I like the design, especially the cloudy beard thing.

@Solstice: I'll be honest I really don't like those "hands" and the dragon in a cloud thing has been taken.
The "hands" were prototype, I hated them but had a hard time finding something else that worked there. And Altaria is different due to it having wings, which my concept does not.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Hey, I'm gonna copy my own artwork...

I'll transform this into a Dragon type. I already the Torment Concept....

Wow, such great art already. =)
I would participate, but whilst painting I browsed and saw Cartoons! art and practically gave up.
Go Cartoons!
The fatness makes it perfect for the way the style bias poll is looking.
...Unless I think of something worth everyone's time, I won't join in. I have been drafting ideas for an Electric /Water, but that dropped, then Electric /Bug, but that lost too. Then I was stuck with no ideas for a Dragon. =(

Yeah, dragonbeard. If you're going to give the dragon arms, Solstice, I'd suggest giving him hands as well. The bolts coming out of his wrists don't sit well with me at the moment.

*Cool Drawing Bro*

Some rather rough sketches for the dragon. Subject to change to reflect the trends in upcoming polls perhaps. He'll come to your village and take a thundershit unless you give him a lovely virgin he'll take up into the mountains with the Electabuzz and drink Pokemon booze with.
Ahahaha!

This reminds me of a cross between Puppet Ganon and Valoo from the windwaker, I love it

Caladbolg~ draws are impressive, the first got a lot of style and the second is really cool, keep the good work dude !

A little patch up on the arm. Doesn't look deformed anymore thanks to Hohahihehu.

Good I wish I had High Speed at home, then I could use my Tablet as I'm looking through peoples comments.

Dude, Cartoons! I am loving this! Especially how it's more old-school Dragonite bulky and looks like it can take it as well as dish it out. Seriously, Cartoons, I've always loved your stuff but I can't tell you how well designed this is. It looks like it could have been one of the original 151.

Yes? No?

I didn't feel like shading. Other ideas coming soon.
No offense, but it looks like an Electivire... Fused with an Ampharos and a Golbat.
... o.o

I got rid of the terrible hands, and made the design slimmer and overall better looking.

It looks really cool, I'm especially digging the color scheme. The Yellow + Dull Blue/Gray.
Though it looks oddly serpentine.... With the thin, long neck, and the fangs... And it looks "muscly".
Though you have a great concept going on there.

I'd say my favorites at the moment are pkmn-taicho321 and Cartoons! entries.

Seeing as there's a lot of calls for a "cute" design right now, I'll see what I can whip up.

Considering my CAP7 idea could have been called "cute" in a ghosty kind of way.

Inspiration away!

As for the other submissions here, I'm going to have a hard time trying to beat out Wyverii.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)