• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost
With a 0 to 20 (Somewhat Offensive) Style Bias, a 20 to Infinity (Physical) Build Bias, and a Quite Good (250-299) Base Stat Rating.
Ability: Frisk / Limber
Stats: 80 HP / 103 Atk / 85 Def /55 SpA /80 SpD /110 Spe

Use clicky poll above to vote. Ordered based on number of votes received last poll.

Final Submission

Type: Steel / Ghost
With a 0 to 20 (Somewhat Offensive) Style Bias, a 20 to Infinity (Physical) Build Bias, and a Quite Good (250-299) Base Stat Rating.
Ability: Frisk

Design Name: "Knightmon" by Caladbolg~

Make a design for this community is very funny and challenging. I'm proud to be part of the process of this serious proyect. I'm happy with all the suggestion that you gave to me, all the congratulations, all of them. And I have to thank you for give me a chance to demostrate my art.

I make a Knight pokemon for this community. I ear many suggestions, and try to create a pokemon to everyone.

Knightmon is a shadow armor, a vigilante from old times, alert, to give information from the enemy.

My inspiration are the great Knights from old time, that now are dead. Now, their souls is in armor. Someone can say that this concept is too repetitive. In my opinion, it's the best fusion between Steel and Ghost, also, it's personality and charism is based in our concept "The Ultimate Scout".

Maybe you dislike this color scheme, but this is only a guide for the sprite, We can change it, if the community decide that. Also, maybe, there is a detail that you dislike, that can be change it. Please, if you will vote for this, vote for the design, the style, the art.

Supporting Material

Shiny, maybe?
Frisk
Original Design
Knightmon protected itself!
Final Submission:
Main Design

Supporting Material

(click thumbnails for the full sketches)

Fable of the Steel Ghost: A Bedtime Story for Young Trainers

On the server, Mag called my design "Skelebot" (Skeleton + Robot), and I've started using that nickname myself. I think this design fits the typing well, and it seems to go with the build, stats, and even the abilities that have been chosen since I posted my initial sketches. As I've played with the design, I've come up with several supporting sketches and even a background fairy tale. Check out my other posts in this thread for more info and detail on the design and supporting material.

This has been a fun art project for me, regardless of the outcome of the upcoming polls. Based on some of the fabulous works posted by other artists, I think we are sure to get a great design for CAP 7. I appreciate all the positive feedback I've received so far, and I look forward to seeing which design is chosen.
Main Design:

Ghost Fox

Supporting Material:
Jumping_through_a_portal (beware: this design was made when the shoulder had an expression)
The_design_that_started_it_all (to implement this design, take out the mouth =D)
I_do_not_walk_on_this_earth
Sitting_down (Hand drawn)
From_the_back (Hand drawn)

THE PHANTOM PHOX
Here, it's finally here....
....This is Phox. 'Tis only a nickname, it's quite a practical mix between phantom and fox. For those inquiring about it's characteristics, I have them all here, in a neat and unnecessary list =)

-It depicts STEEL in these ways: Obvious gritty steel masks over it's body, it's fur is ruffled relating to the static cling caused by it's metallic chemical bonding of said steel masks, and it... well... that's it...
-It depicts GHOST in these ways: The malevolent smile, eyes, mist, and overall hollow appearance. (Not pertaining to those Hollow from Bleach, which I think is an awesome anime still)

For those people who like to read the Pokedex entries here is what I think they should be similar to:
It has the awkward ability to drain information from beings just by staring at them. Not necessarily mind reading, more like mind robbing.

My inspiration came from, truthfully, my pet cat himself. He is a black cat who has an obnoxious habit of sniffing everything like it was his job. He is adorable, and perfect for this design. Cats are excellent at getting into and through things, can sprint fast, and black ones do involve a little bad luck...tee hee! The masks on Phox were inspired by my attraction to the game, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Of course you would expect a mask-related design coming from me....right?
Also:
-the dark blue color is the same color as police outfits.

-an iron fox-hole is an underground compartment used in war to protect soldiers from assault...and some that are built in hillsides have eye holes used to "scout" your enemy.

-curiosity killed the cat.
Main Design

Supporting Material

Positions Set
Salamence Wrestling

This design is based on the jack in the box toy and conveys the surprise element of what I believe a scout should have. The overall look also came from jesters and the wish to have a patchwork design. They'll hop about slowly in their boxes and when they want speed they can just retract and spring forward like an arrow. When relaxed their hands are folded back as if they were ears.

Below is an origin story inspired by Doug's.

~Jester's Graveyard~

A monster haunted the nearby abandoned junkyard. The local Pokemon dared not venture near it. Children playing dares would run into it and try to coax the monster out only to run screaming. Some say it was only a fairy tale, others would tell of an enormous nameless creature shifting underneath the scrap. Fantasy or not it was enough to keep most living things out.

During this fearful time a mischievous young Sneasel orphan had played pranks on and stole from the locals and was chased. He ran into the junkyard to escape believing that the monster was just a story to frighten kids. As expected the people stopped the chase at the gates and made gestures towards Sneasel who merely stuck his tongue out and walked off deeper into the scrap laughing.

Once he lost sight and sound of the humans behind him the Sneasel began to get nervous. It was awfully quiet apart from the wind that made strange whistling sounds through the twisted metal scattered around. Just as Sneasel began to think this was a bad idea something huge burst from the piles of scrap in front of him and he cried out, ducked and covered his eyes. When nothing bad happened he slowly peeked through his fingers and saw a strange sight.

(Picture)

In front of him lay what could only be called a giant striped snake that looked as if it was made of fabric and metal. It was covering its head with its massive hands in a parody of what Sneasel just did and grinning. Edging closer Sneasel cautiously poked the creature and it lifted its hands and held one out towards him. Getting the point Sneasel grabbed its lowest finger and shook it in greeting and sensed the beginning of an unusual friendship.

Later on, it was found that the monster was really just a lonely spirit that called itself Jester. It had patched itself together from the junk lying around but wasn’t able to leave the confines of the scrap completely. The Sneasel had found himself a kindred spirit that was as lost and as alone as he was. They bonded quickly and played often together but Sneasel found himself wanting for more.

Jester was surprised to find one day that Sneasel brought home some more orphans and the gentle giant welcomed them with open arms. News got about of a safe haven for orphans and soon many lost children both human and Pokemon flocked to a place where no adults would tell them what to do and Jester revelled in it. The junkyard became a playground with Sneasel and Jester as leaders of the gang.

Years pass, and the children grew up leaving to be replaced by others. Only one remained always and that was Sneasel. He always was there and said he always would be however time was a terrible thing. Sneasel eventually succumbed to the curse of old age. Jester couldn’t wake him up anymore.

(Picture)

The loss of Sneasel hit everyone hard but none harder than Jester. He hid himself under the rubbish and cried mournfully for days on end. When he emerged he began to make boxes out of the scrap metal then tore parts of his own body off to place in them. Each box attracted a soul and became animated with a miniature version of himself but none of the souls attracted were ever Sneasel’s. Eventually Jester tired and laid his tattered and wrecked body on the ground to rest and faded away.

With Jester’s passing the junkyard was taken over by his copies who overhauled it to become a true paradise for children as a memento to their creator. Once finished they named it Jester’s Graveyard and left a metal cross in the clearing where he once lay. To this day the few adults that are allowed access to the place are awed by the artistic metal buildings and the carefully tended gardens.

If Jester and Sneasel could see this now, no doubt, they would be happy.

~End...
Just a placeholder incase the topic ends while I'm at work...

Final Submission

Supporting material

Original sketch portraying Vassago in two poses:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/chainghost.png

"Hey Salamene, I'mma choke you out and take your Choice Scarf, k?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/salamencesupport.png

This design was inspired by the Vassago enemies from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. Rather than swinging around axes, I made him more kid-friendly and changed them to shackles, making him perfect as a scout because he can restrain and thieve items.

I may update but probably not as I'm working all weekend.
Well here it is, I worked hard and cleaned up much of my picture and did some minor restructuring.

Here's some details about the ShieldMask Pokemon:

Without it's mask this Pokemon is extremely shy and has no confidence of its own, preferring to not be seen at all. The mask that this Pokemon holds appears to have a personality of its own, and compels the Pokemon to perform mischief under its guise, running about stealing objects and possessions, as well as attempting to scare anything it can find. The mask and the Pokemon can be separated but the Pokemon cannot sustain itself without it (it's too paranoid to find food). The mask also allows this Pokemon to seem more bulky than it is, yet provides a decent enough protection that it may fend for itself. Many are also surprised at its speed and thirst for mischief. As long as its targets do not see the real Pokemon behind the mask, this Pokemon is filled with confidence in its deception. Often, this Pokemon will use the mask as a decoy so that it can quickly stretch around and steal from its opponent. It is this amorphousness that allows it to fit its face into the mask and look believable. Many believe that the Pokemon does not require its mask as the mask simply enables it to use the strength it always had.

--------
I know the back story stuff I made isn't that great, there are so much better out there, but I wanted to try.

So now I leave it up to the people of the forum ^^, I must admit that this entire process has been enjoyable, and I'm very likely to do some more art for CAP in the future. There are such good talents and creative minds around the art for CAP that it humbles me that I can be a part of it!

Oh I almost forgot here's a list of my supporting art, I'll edit my post if I add more (I know it's not really that good, but I had fun):

Here's the pic of it showing off its stretchiness, to pull a scary (but silly) face.
Scary Face

This is it using Shadow Claw confidently on a Salamence:
Shadow Claw

Here's a new one of it using its stretchy arms to Shadow Sneak:
Shadow Sneak

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Too invested in DougJustDoug. Cannot resist urge to vote. You will succumb...

CURRENTLY FIRST!

....VOTE ELEGY!, or perhaps, VOTE FOR CAP'S FIRST QUADROPED! This is only my second Cap, and i've gotten far. Imagine if I gain a little more experience... (wow ixfalia had just joined and he's beating me)

If my design wins I promise to be more active on the Cap server. If some other design wins (like Cyzir's) I will go on every so often =D

ixfalia. There are some great entries this time around but that one is just so really original and has a unique style about it. Also, I think it's the only one out of the bunch that actually fits the stats it has, which is something we need to take into account with the new arrangement.

Elegy of Emptyness
Guh, I really wanted you to win dude.
I like how your design does so much with so little features.
Unforunately, it has become clear that you will not win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)