• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost

With a 0 to 20 (Somewhat Offensive) Style Bias.

This is where we determine the general build of the pokemon, from an physical and special standpoint. We also will set limits on the stat spreads that support that build. It should be noted that the Build Bias is not just for limiting stats, but also helps shape the general "feel" of the pokemon. The Build may influence other parts of the pokemon -- such as art, movepool, ability, etc. However, the stat spread is the only part of the project that will be specifically constrained by the voted Build Bias.

Physical/Special Balance is part of the Stats Rating Formula mentioned earlier. Depending on the winning option of the first poll -- that will limit the PSB options presented for the second poll.

The voted PSB range must be followed by stat spread creators when submitting final stat spreads for the Stat Spread Poll later.

Information about the formula is located here.
A utility for calculating the ODB is located here.

voted for Somewhat Physical because I want this to be good at scouting Salamence. I would have voted all physical if it didn't have to take Draco Meteor's and Fire Blasts.

This shouldn't be mixed AT ALL. If we want this to force any switches, it NEEDS to focus on a single stat. That eliminates the middle two options for me, leaving the two extremities.

Physical or special? I voted physical, because there is no definitive physical wall. With special, your opponent can easily switch in Blissey, who doesn't really mind Frisk or any other similar ability (Speed Intimidate included). Physical means that your foe must be wary of your moves and switch out of potentially super effective attacks, thereby giving you information about your opponent's team.

I had a hard time between Mixed, Possibly Physical and Mixed, Possibly Special, but I went with Mixed, Possibly Physical.

This shouldn't be mixed AT ALL. If we want this to force any switches, it NEEDS to focus on a single stat. That eliminates the middle two options for me, leaving the two extremities.
I disagree, I think it should try to force switches in other ways than raw power so as not to end up as a generic sweeper.

Also, potential to run either physical or special gives it an opportunity to reveal more of the opponents team since they have to scout it before they try to wall it. Making it physical will always make them reveal their physical walls, making it special will always make them reveal their special walls, allowing it to mix will force them to guess meaning that they have to reveal both of their walls if they guess incorrectly.

voted for Somewhat Physical because I want this to be good at scouting Salamence. I would have voted all physical if it didn't have to take Draco Meteor's and Fire Blasts.
You can certainly be within the 20 to Infinity range for build and still have decent SpD. An example (these defenses overall are higher than I like; this is just to show my point):

I vote mixed somewhat physical for a combination of the lack of a universal special wall and the extra little boost to u-turn. Also I feel a primary steel would more likely be physical than special based.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Infernape, Lucario, Scyclant, and Salamence do so poorly at forcing switches. Those laser focused rascals them...

Mixed Forces switches to what your opponent thinks you're biased to. Physical or Special only force switches only to one specific kind of wall.

Not that I won't be screwing around with BSR's until I get my mixed threat anyway. There's more than one way to skin a Persian.

Lucario, Infernape, and Syclant also have terrible defenses.

The way the bulkiness polls (and submissions) are going, people are generally submitting low 500 BST spreads with decent defenses. Salamence I will give you, but remember that Salamence also comes with a sweet 600 BST, which gives it extra base stat points even with good defenses. The 510 - 530 BST spreads I'm seeing in the submission thread really can't maintain those good defenses that everyone wants and still have enough to give it high enough mixed offenses.

The one thing I really want to see is a Physically-based attacker that can take hits mainly from the special side of the spectrum. The Scout is currently weak to Fire mainly, which consists of mostly special attacks. Having a good quality special Def and nice attack can help out the Ultimate Scout. Because of this, I vote- Physically Based Mixed.

I went with Physically Offensive because of darkie, though now I can only wishes that he decides to submit that stat spread above. I'll so vote for it if was in the running.

I voted Mixed, possibly Physical because of the mixed attackers he'll be scouting, such as Infernape, Lucario, Syclant and Salamence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)