CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 5 - Ability Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frisk is really not the ability I'd prefer. Trace might work, to help force out Heatran, Lanturn, Jolteon, Vaporeon, etc.

I'd personally prefer Forewarn, or something like Deck Knight's idea.

If they use Trick with a choice item though, and you have Sticky Hold, they will be forced to switch, as they will still be stuck on Trick, but it will be useless. This will allow you to scout their team more. Also, this new ability does nothing against Knock Off. Thus, there is an argument as to why Sticky Hold is better. Also, I'm sure it's a pain in the ass (programming-wise) to create a new ability.

Frisk - For reasons already mentioned. And...

Trace - It fulfills its criteria as a scouting ability giving you instant information about you opponents ability (regardless of how useful that is). It comes really into it's own when realizing the switch in potential it gives you, especially against a high number of OU pokemon. Along with the incredible typing of Steel/Ghost, it also give you Pseudo-
--------------Flash Fire: Heatran
--------------Levitate: Flygon, Strategem, Brongzong, Cresselia, Gengar, Latias
--------------Intimidate: Salamence, Gyarados (amazing a on a Steel type. RIP Grass's Water resist though :( )
--------------Nature Cure: Blissey, Celebi, Starmie (with their frequent use, opportunities to remedy a previously acquired status ailment would be plentiful)
--------------Motor Drive: Electrivire
--------------Volt Absorb: Jolteon
--------------Water Absorb: Vaporeon
--------------Arghonaut: Unaware
--------------Swift Swim: Kindra (again RIP Grass's Water Resist)
--------------Magnet Pull: Magnezone (revenge)
--------------Arena Trap: Dugtrio (revenge)
--------------Speed Boost :Ninjask, Yanmega
--------------Pressure: Zapdos, Suicune, Weavile, Dusknoir, Aerodactyl
--------------Serena Grace : Togekiss, Jirachi

And of course there are others, but this is already a very large list. Trace on what I hope will be a fast Steel type, to my mind has astounding potential!

Anticipate and Forewarn are far too limited in their usefulness in my opinion.

Sticky Hold is interesting but again to limited in it's use. I don't want to create a CAP purely for the sake of countering Trick when the concept is 'Scout'.

we could have a kind of download meets intimidate where we can find their highest stat and force a switch, like lowering the defense of a hippowdon and the speed of a jolteon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)