CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 3 - Secondary Type Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steel/Ghost
Jagged said why in the previous thread. Ground is not bad for a secondary choice, but I would like the fighting immunity. Dragon would be my second choice.

Ghost.

For pretty much every reason stated in the discussion. Fighting immunity is very nice, and an offensive potential would help the scout do its job.

Steel/Ghost

Although the logic of moi made perfect sense by adding some weaknesses, allowing a Pokemon to be used for being attacked by a type of move weak to it rather than any Pokemon's strongest neutral attack due to the great coverability by Steel/Ghost, Steel/Ghost still is a very durable typing combo that allow this Pokemon to be able to survive long. If given great defenses, this thing can simply use Roar or Whirlwind to scout rather than forcing switches. In other words, just simply a different method of scouting.

Moreso, most Pokemon have more than 1 way of destribution or EV spread. Salamence, for example, can be bulky, physical sweeper or special sweeper. Our Scoutmon should also be the same. It should NOT be only good for Scouting and nothing else. If people choose to not use it for scouting, but instead, using it for something else, although not the primary purpose of this Pokemon, thus not doing whatever other job to its maximum ability, this Pokemon should still be able to be used in another way other than Scouting, or maybe Scouting + more.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ghost

I really like the possibilities of Grass, but it doesn't look like Grass has a chance anyway.

Ghost imo is the way to go. I don't find the Fire/Ground weak too bad, it has plenty of immunities, and is decent defensively without posing a large offensive threat.

We never see Fire or Ground moves which means that we'd create another (in my opinion) too strong of a pokemon. We don't need to make original typings for every single thing as Beej mentioned on the CAP room on irc. As much as I'd like Steel Grass I'm going to vote Ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)