CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 15b - New Move Poll

Which New Move should CAP 7 have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ugh. I've hated the idea of a new move in general, but Rift Hop looks extremely contrived. It's convoluted as hell. U-turn is already complicated, but then to give this thing a resistance to two different specific field hazards? Please no. One of those hazards already has type-effectiveness (Stealth Rock), the other move does not have type effectiveness (Spikes), but immunity applies to Flyers and Levitators. Making a move that specifically halves damage from these two specific moves is completely inconsistent. After all the crap we took over Mountaineer - now we want to follow up with this?

Rift Hop makes no sense, and is going to be a major pain to program. The reason it will be a pain is because it has no consistent basis for the mechanics of the move. It's not a normal switching move (that's hard enough, btw), and it's not a consistent resistance move. It's just a mish-mash of random stuff that is piled under a single move name.

I hope to hell this Rift Hop thing doesn't win. I'm stunned this proposal even made it through to the poll. Although with all the votes for it, it looks like many people think this is a really great idea.

FWIW, I'm voting for STAB U-Turn.

I just want to ask, to those voting STAB U-turn and Rift Hop, why the hell did you not oppose ordinary U-turn before?
legitimate question. if you wanted a STAB variant of the move, why did you not argue against u-turn being allowed and having a STAB in its place? if i remember correctly, there were only a few that said this, and it died out by page 4 of the discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)