• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost
Ability: Frisk / Limber
Stats: 80 HP / 103 Atk / 85 Def /55 SpA /80 SpD /110 Spe

Use the clicky poll above to vote for your favorite name for CAP 7.

Options:

Kitsunoh:
I've got something solid going, I think. One was more fitting for Dougs, but not horrible here. This is the one I chose.

Kitsunoh. [Kit-soo-no] (Kitsune + Noh) Kitsune is the Japanese name for Fox. Noh is the Japanese masked theater on which No Face, the inspiration for the mask design, was based. Essentailly, its a Fox Mask that doesn't sound completely lame.

Addendum:
Kit can also mean toolkit, which is what a scout would use, or a cat. Noh is really the cultural reference I was shooting for, Kitsune just flows nicely into it. "Kit" is also an apt abbreviation, hehehehe
Fauxfox:
Fauxfox is going to be my submission for now.
Sentraith:
Sentraith (Sentry + Wraith) ; Final Submission

Sentry

" a person/pokemon employed to watch for something to happen "Sentry is a scouting term.

Wraith

" a mental representation of some haunting experience " Wraith makes it spooky and the term wraith just fits in with the picture.
Barghest:
Barghest, the legendary Black Dog of England itself.

It's a freaking ghostly canine, it makes a whole lot of sense in my head. People are using canine based name, so why can't we use this?

For those who are too lazy to click the worded link, here's the low down on it's origin.

Etymology:
The derivation of the word barghest is disputed. Ghost in the north of England was once pronounced guest, and the name is thought to be burh-ghest, town-ghost. Others explain it as German Berg-geist, mountain demon, or Bar-geist, bear-demon, in allusion to its alleged appearance at times as a bear. The barghest has a kinsman in the Rongeur d'Os of Norman folklore.
Phox:
Phox

Someone had to say it.
Luphin:
Luphin

A nice all round name summing up its more mysterious side.
Equinox:
I am going to submit Equinox. The design looks almost Equine (one could argue its more feline/lupine but it's my opinion), and nox sounds like Noh, the Japanese mask. Equinox also suggests night, which is pretty ghostly.
Foxtrot:
^

How about just Foxtrot. It is simple, has a nice ring, and is not foreign.

Final: Foxtrot.

Not everything has to be drowned with sophistication or be filled hidden meaning.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I of course, am backing Kitsunoh.

All hail legitimate cultural referents! >_>

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Foxtrot is easily the most clever name out of all of them, and I like it even more than my own Equinox. I also encourage everyone who would vote for my name to vote for Foxtrot, since they're pretty close (both being words). Go Foxtrot!

i like kitsunoh, it has a nice ring to it, and has some obviously had some thought put into the name (not that the others didn't have any thought)

Voted Foxtrot. It is, in my opinion, the best of the names up there. Simple and to the point that its a fox.

I picked FauxFox, because it sounds cool. Then I'd choose Kitsunoh, or Foxtrot(Only thing is it doesn't seems like a pokemon name. Not big, but something I see.) . Maybe Enquinox too.

WTF?!? Foxtrot? What a ridiculous name for a Ghost! Have you Seen someone do a foxfrot? It looks like someone's filled their underwear with ants and put them on dancefloor made of burning coals. I would prefer Any name to this.

Foxtrot to me doesn't sound like a pokemon name. Neither does Kitsunoh really but I voted for Kitsunoh because it sounds cooler to me.

I like Equinox. I don't know why I just do. Maybe it's because it refers to the autumnal equinox, when they would sacrifice a man to feed the crops.

Voted Phox to piss off tennis, and because it's so awesome of a name.

Foxtrot is cool, too, though, but that's not ghastly at all.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Foxtrot doesn't exactly sound like a Pokemon, but considering that I am not a fan of the foreign names, it is the best choice. ^_^

Sentraith for me. It is clearly the best. And who in their right mind would want a pokemon named Foxtrot? Beats me...

Kitsunoh is cool, and goes with the japanese look of the masks. Also, the rest of the names exhibit about the same subtlety as a bear hitting a shark in the balls with a baseball bat.

I liked Kistunai slightly better than Kistunoh but Kitsunoh's still a great submission, voting for it cause I like the Japanese reference and really don't want it to have the word fox in it. Plus DK deserves to win something after being robbed in the stat polls.

Foxtrot xD I know I'll think of this everytime I see it if it's named Foxtrot, though I'll get a good chuckle. Did no one else really think of this when they saw Foxtrot?

*facepalm*

I would have voted Foxtrot, but right now I am not sure at all. Chances are, at this rate and circumstance, I will vote for it. So I'm leaning towards Kitsunoh...hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)