CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 11b - Attacking Moves Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-New Move (To be decided upon later if allowed)
-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Brave Bird

Just because the art is a fox doesn't mean it can't have brave bird. This is competitive based not flavour based.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

The Ghost STAB needs a new actually powerful move. Shadow Claw or Shadow Sneak won't cut it (or Shadow Force for that matter). Hopefully the Crush Claw idea will be used, but that is to be decided later.

-Meteor Mash

I personally feel that Iron Head is the superior option for a Steel STAB (go go 100% accuracy and 30% flinch rate), but I have nothing against Meteor Mash, honestly. If you want go through that route be my guest.

-Explosion

Once you feel you've scouted enough, just explode and use the free switch in to start cracking out your strategy. Once again, I have absolutely nothing against Explosion.

-Brave Bird

Shouldn't it be Brave Fox? <_<.

Flavor aside, I don't think this will accomplish anything other than destroying Pyroak as a counter or even as a check. All the types it hits SE can't really do nothing to CAP7 (bug is resisted x4, Fighting doesn't even hit and Grass is resisted x2). I find this totally unnecessary, terrible for poor Pyroak and not fitting flavor-wise, so it is a no for me.

-Meteor Mash

-Explosion
-Brave Bird

Brave Bird doesn't feel right on a ghosty fox and I feel explosion defeats the purpose of a scout.

-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Brave Bird

I missed all of the discussion that took place later today, and the first thing I did upon getting to CAP was snort milk out my nose when I saw Brave Bird. Not only is it utterly random, not to mention ridiculous on a land-bound tetrapod mammal ghost, but it has significant recoil and removes Pyroak as a counter.

I'm cool with everything else.

-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Brave Bird

New Move is self explanatory. I don't see why Brave Bird shouldn't be considered. Hell, it probably wouldn't even be used.

Meteor Mash is a bit much IMO. It turns CAP7 into a potential straight sweeper with 100~ Base Attack and the chance to raise it further. Same with Explosion, though that takes it down new avenues (suicide lead, etc). Both moves detract from its purpose. Normally I wouldn't mind at least Meteor Mash, but I'm trying to prevent it's scouting capabilities from being completely overshadowed by its attacking capabilities.

-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Brave Bird

If Pyroak, the least used CAP, has a chance to be a counter, then I say don't nerf him.

-New Move (To be decided upon later, if allowed)
-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Brave Bird

explosion seems kind of out-of-canon for CAP7 in my opinion.

A bit wary about this one since I haven't seen many indications about what the new move will be. There may be some ideas out there that are absolutely horrid, but for now I give this move the benefit of the doubt.

-Meteor Mash
I am generally against this pokemon getting stat boosts, but boosting its attack, which is already quite threatening (don't tell me base 103 attack is crap) gives it the chance to sweep with its high speed and already good physical movepool, or to pass the stats out if this pokemon gets Baton Pass. CAP7 must not be given the chance to sweep under any circumstances.

-Explosion
This pokemon has a good physical movepool as it is, and has base attack and base speed over 100. All of this hints at CAP7 being a sweeper, but Explosion would pretty much confirm this because, unlike all of the other suggested moves, Explosion hinders CAP7's scouting ability, which I believe was to be top priority.

-Brave Bird
As if the idea of a creature that in no way whatsoever resembles the likes of Staraptor and Swellow having a move with the name 'Bird' in it wasn't enough to put me off, as people said before, this severely hurts one of the designated counters (Pyroak) while having little/no use outside of this. There is absolutely no reason to support Brave Bird, even if it does get renamed for CAP7.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
-Meteor Mash

-Explosion
-Brave Bird

I would very much like to get a usable physical Ghost stab out of this new move, as the Attack stat is pretty mediocre and Flygon has base 100+ STAB moves to at least hit some of its switch-ins decently hard. Meteor Mash isn't a bad thing and should be allowed. Explosion is absolutely awful and has nothing to do with being a scout. Brave Bird is pretty pointless but there's also no real reason to not give us the option of using it. Any arguments about the artwork are irrelevant, because the movepool should not be hindered by the art.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Brave Bird

-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Brave Bird

None of those three moves make sense to me, and I don't like the new move idea in general.

-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Brave Bird
All except new move will just make CAP too offensive.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Okay, the results are as follows:

For New Move 88
Against New Move 9

For Meteor Mash 69
Against Meteor Mash 28

For Explosion 44
Against Explosion 53

For Brave Bird 24
Against Brave Bird 73

This means that a New Move and Meteor Mash will be made Allowed. Explosion and Brave Bird will not be Allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)