CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 3

Which concept should we use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They are all excellent concepts but Beej's Ultimate Scout got my vote, it seems more appealing than the other two. Scouting is such an important part of pokemon battles, knowing what pokemon your opponent has can make or break your strategy as i'm sure you're all aware of.

Ultimate scout, it seems like the concept where people would have the most freedom. The other two seem too restricting.

Also, I'm new, so what do I know.

voted low bst. sounds like a fun challenge to decide what makes a poke great, which is very much what CaP is about.

Ok, so I have no idea why Ultimate Scout is winning, because it's not even a very defined concept.

There are really only two ways you can even be a scout. One way is through use of U-Turn / Protect... and we seriously don't need to base an entire CAP over these two moves. The other way is through being a good mixed wall that can switch in to the majority of threats at least once without being completely destroyed. Cresselia comes to mind as an excellent scout as so few Pokemon can actually OHKO it, and it makes a great transition Pokemon when figuring out a set.

I'm just saying that it's really not that great of a concept and without some kind of new scouting tool, it's really not going to even be doing anything. Not to mention... do we really want another defensive Pokemon for CAP? Not me...
while many scouts do use those moves or bulk, there are many other things that can be done as well. just look at smeagle's anti-lead set. it's technically both scout and disruption. ninjask can act as a scout due to speed and sub, but its also a baton passer. what you said just isn't restrictive enough to me.

Low BST isn't even a concept. It's just an arbitrary restriction that won't even begin to point us in any direction when the next threads come around.
as stated, i like the idea of low bst due to us getting to figure where the line between good and bad comes in due to movepool and typing. the restriction actually adds to the way we are supposed to be learning the fundamentals of the game, as we are supposed to in CaP.

Partner In Crime is the only concept left that is.... actually a concept. Or at least one that can be discussed / fleshed out. So come on guys, vote it.
i like the concept, but i'm worried about the amount of theorymoning that will have to be done before we actually test.

Still going with the Ultimate Scout. I do like all three concepts, but still... scouting is something that hasn't been really toyed with yet. And DougJustDoug is right... we don't have many Pokemon in the game who can use a scouting role effectively (we do have a few, but... the number could be a little higher).

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Concepts that will make it the next poll:

Beej's Ultimate Scout
Magmortified's Partner In Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)