CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 7 - Stat Rating Poll 1

What should the Stat Rating be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our Pokémon:
Concept said:
Name: Decentralizer
Description: A Pokemon can check a majority of the current top 5 Pokemon.
Type: Water / Fight
With a -20 to 0 Style Bias (Slightly defensive) and a 0 to 20 Build Bias (slightly physical).

For the record, the current top 10 on the CAP server are:
  1. Stratagem
  2. Revenankh
  3. Fidgit
  4. Tyranitar
  5. Zapdos
  6. Syclant
  7. Blissey
  8. Heatran
  9. Scizor
  10. Pyroak

This poll determines the desired overall "power level" of the pokemon's base stats. In the past, the Base Stat Total (BST) was used to measure the power of base statistics. Since BST is a very poor measurement for stat power, the CAP project now uses Base Stats Rating (BSR) to determine the overall effectiveness of a pokemon's base stats. Polling is simpler, and the results are more useful. The Base Stats Rating is determined by a formula created by X-Act.

Information about the formula is located here.
A utility for calculating the BSR is located here.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ima go with Very Good, just because Excellent is hard to attain without serious beasting >_>

I might have to not vote on this one just because I have seen stat spreads in several categories that I am willing to support, but with no clear favorite, and by voting for one I may be skewing results from the best. If I do end up voting here it wouldn't be right now.

I think that Excellent is worth voting for because it allows more bulkiness, thus being a better disrupter. I also believe that really want to beat many pokemon then you better make it beastly.

Edit:
I got my spread down below 420, right at 419 actually, now I am regretting my decision.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Very good, otherwise my spread is ruined and I can't remedy it :(
Funnily enough my most recent spread just crosses the threshold of Excellent, and I can peg it down to Very Good just be removing a single SA point. So I'm set >_>

Lol, well I have a BST of 550 and can't really raise it any higher unfortunately. My intention was to give it all around average stats that it could utilize in different ways that I tried, as opposed to another fucking bulky water ?_?. Anyways I think a majority of the spreads can get away with Very Good and end up quite effective.

Excellent just seems to make more sense here. The more points you got the easier it makes to make this thing counter everything.

very good it has to counter act most of the top 10, but putting it at 420 or more could be detrimental to the metagame as a whole.

Erm, this isn't the place to post your spread, mate.
Hey, sorry about that. I was just showing an example of what a powerful spread under Very Good could be. I haven't actually submitted a spread to be used, and I pretty much just pulled those numbers out of my butt, so I didn't realy care about them.
Sorry to get people annoyed/whatever.

Very Good seems sufficient enough for this poke, with excellent it may end up overpowered. Most of the stat spreads I've seen are in this range or very close to it anyway.

Excellent just seems to make more sense here. The more points you got the easier it makes to make this thing counter everything.
Ou r goal isn't to counter everything, it's to counter the top 5-10. We don't want it too strong because that defeats the purpose of decentralizing by creating too strong a pokemon. I voted 200-299 but that's because I think that the very good option will make people create spreads right at 419, whereas I believe our goal should be to limit it to around 375

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I voted Quite Good.

I want to keep the stats down a bit. On every CAP project, we blow out the stats, and then we end up having tough decisions to make with the Ability and Movepool. With the mega-stats we give every pokemon, it's hard to give the pokemon a really good ability or even give it certain moves (like Recover, for example). I'd like to have some leeway to INCREASE the power of our pokemon during the ability and movepool threads, rather than dampening the power of our pokemon -- largely because of the amazing stat spreads we always give our pokemon in the beginning of the project.

I made several test stat spreads within the Quite Good range. It's not like the stat spreads there are horrible. Pokemon like Heracross, Starmie, and Magnezone have Quite Good stats and they are certainly not wimps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)