CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 6 (Stat Rating Poll 2)

What should the Stat Rating be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Break the Mold-Click here to see the full post.
latinoheat said:
Name: Break the Mold

Description:
An OU viable pokemon that goes completely against the stereotypes of its typing.
Type: Rock

Offensive/Defensive Bias: Offensive 20-40
Physical/Special Bias: Special -20 and lower

Poll 2. One day only, 3 choices.

Code:
420 to 579      Excellent            Dragonite, Entei, Blissey, Tyranitar, Suicune, Metagross, Snorlax
300 to 419      Very Good            Infernape, Electivire, Porygon-Z, Gyarados, Togekiss, Milotic, Gengar, Umbreon, Lucario, Deoxys-S, Weavile, Vaporeon, Hippowdon, Yanmega, Jolteon, Swampert
250 to 299      Quite Good           Heracross, Gallade, Starmie, Roserade, Magnezone, Tentacruel
Those are some comparisons for the ratings.

Congratulations to darkie+, newest mod of the CAP Forum!

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
congrats

and the best spreads in my opinion are all very good.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As a reminder, if there is 50% or more of a vote, we won't need a third poll. I'm hoping there is a third poll though, if only to give stat spreads+art more time.

*Jaw Drop*
Wow, Excellent pulled in the lead.
Very Good had that 50%.
It doesn't matter, either way, as I have a spread prepared for both.

Most good spreads I've seen are Very Good, and don't seem to need the extra points needed for Excellent, so Very Good is my choice.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm voting very good just to ensure we don't go with 'excelent', because I think Excelent is a little too... excelent :P

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Voted Very Good.

In retrospect, "Very Good" is probably the way to go, because honestly many of the best spreads are already in 550+ BST territory and we aren't creating a new legend here. It's almost impossible to make an "excellent" pokemon without breaking canon and driving into Legendary territory.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
BST doesn't matter at all.

Mine is Quite Good. Bleh.
I'm arguing it from a canonical perspective, not a competitive one. Canonically, 555 is the highest BST before jumping to a Legendary Trio number 580. This is still Create-A-Pokemon, so trying to stick to pokemon Canon is probably a good idea. At least, I think so.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
BST doesn't matter at all.

Mine is Quite Good. Bleh.
Lol, this is exactly what happened to my stat spread in CAP4.

Anyway, I don't see how Excellent won so handsomely in the previous poll and now it's losing by a margin. You're making me need to change my submission again. -_-

But... I think half of them already changed when they saw Excellent win the last poll by a wide margin. >_<

Not sure what to vote for. I want something in the 400-450 range roughly, and voted for Very Good last time because the possibility of a Dragonite-level spread winning spooked me. But people like X-Act and the Gothic Togekiss/Mr Goodbar team already switched to Excellent, with fairly conservative spreads at that... uh, I'll wait and read some further arguments.

I'm arguing it from a canonical perspective, not a competitive one. Canonically, 555 is the highest BST before jumping to a Legendary Trio number 580. This is still Create-A-Pokemon, so trying to stick to pokemon Canon is probably a good idea. At least, I think so.
Our canonical example of a 555 BST, Arcanine, is considered Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)