CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 6 (Stat Rating Poll 1)

What should the Stat Rating be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I don't like this.
I was worried my spread would be a bit overpowered in a sense.
Now I have to make mine MORE powerful in order to accommodate for this new "Excellent" BSR.
I was not for this.

I think many of the voters don't realize the extent, if they looked at some of the spreads already created, they'd see very good is plenty...

Well, I shot for the minimum requirements of an Excellent BSR.
I also made the BST 555, which in a sense is the "unwritten max" for non-legendary Pokemon.
So I'm somewhat content.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Most spreads I have liked are high-300-low-400, so I went with Very Good and Excellent. Hopefully Very Good will win in the end.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Excellent because most of the spreads that I like, including mine, are rated as such.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ugh, I don't like this.
I was worried my spread would be a bit overpowered in a sense.
Now I have to make mine MORE powerful in order to accommodate for this new "Excellent" BSR.
I was not for this.
There will be more polls.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think it would be a good idea to include a few examples of pokemon with different BSR's in the OP.

Here is something by X-Act:
Code:
Rating is       Pokemon's Stats are  Pokemon with this rating
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More than 1400  Exaggerated          Slaking, Regigigas
900 to 1399     Too Good             None
580 to 899      Fantastic            Cresselia, Azelf, Salamence, Garchomp, Celebi, Jirachi, Heatran, Zapdos
420 to 579      Excellent            Dragonite, Entei, Blissey, Tyranitar, Suicune, Metagross, Snorlax
300 to 419      Very Good            Infernape, Electivire, Porygon-Z, Gyarados, Togekiss, Milotic, Gengar, Umbreon, Lucario, Deoxys-S, Weavile, Vaporeon, Hippowdon, Yanmega, Jolteon, Swampert
250 to 299      Quite Good           Heracross, Gallade, Starmie, Roserade, Magnezone, Tentacruel 
210 to 249      Good                 Scizor, Machamp, Donphan, Abomasnow, Dusknoir
175 to 209      Average              Weezing, Breloom, Forretress, Skarmory
143 to 174      Below Average        Spiritomb
127 to 142      Poor                 Ninjask, Wobbuffet, Marowak, Medicham
100 to 126      Bad                  Dugtrio
99 or less      Horrible             Smeargle
Tennis for the next poll could you put the part of this relating to any BSR's that make it in the OP?

Also voted Very Good it is... Very Good.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
haha tauros that post is on par with eric's peer edits for best example of grammatical proficiency

touche.

that said, why the hate on an excellent rating?

Sure you can have a good Pokemon with less...you can have a better Pokemon with more =)

We've had our limitations before...let's reduce them a bit now ;)

Excellent and Very good for me, as it would be needed for it being OU, but stats aren't all (GOGO Duggy compared to Ponyta) and it has a not very good STAB on it's own, but it'll have HP to help it.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
haha tauros that post is on par with eric's peer edits for best example of grammatical proficiency

touche.
Hey I have online spell check now....
but yea, that was after my peer edits...

(in those words (and these) spell check fixed 7 errors, but I was typing quickly)

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol eric I'm just playing with you :P

Anyway, SkarmBlissCounter, my point is, sure, all of our guys have "great" distributions and stats, but why can't we go further?

I know the general "feeling" here is that these Pokemon should be for OU, but hey, if we make it really really good and it gets banned to ubers, is there really any problem?

I agree that making UU / BL Pokemon is kind of hazy just due to mechanics, but is making a potential uber that off the mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)