CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 3 (Secondary Typing Poll 3)

What should the Secondary Type be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two off-topic things. One is, if we want high SpA/Speed, I'm not comfortable giving this Nasty Plot with whatever type. Second, its RockJustRock and you stole my pun!

On topic, I really feel this needs duel STAB. Rock just isn't enough.

No mo' mono!
I just added Nasty Plot for fun. Really, even just a Specs Set with those two moves would be very powerful.

and its RocJustRoc because there is an item in LoZ called Roc's feather that comes from a giant bird like Ho-oh and the irony of a pure Rock bird is just too good to pass up (until we get to the art thread).

i am trying to get laid, not by aldaron, but i too voted for RockJustRock.

and i think that even though this is close, it's going to happen with very little animosity, unlike a lot of the other polls (pyroak, i'm looking at you). i also think it's going to require the community to be a lot smarter about how we make this thing happen. how do me make a mediocre typing really good? that is the best part of cap to me...so far we've had really interesting typings, but none of them has been mediocre. rock by itself is, and we want to push on and make it awesome.

Monorail, monorail, monorail.

Voted just Rock not just because we're short of Rocks in OU; not just because we're short of mono-types in OU; but because I think it'd be a fun challenge to take a Pokemon with an arguably mediocre typing and try to craft it into something useable. It'll take some careful planning and precision, but I think we can turn this lump of coal into a diamond! rah!

Voted Fighting, because I don't want to cripple this thing by making it rely off of one 70 Power STAB with no secondary effect. Maybe, 90 with Technician'd Ancient Power, but imo it can have a better ability. Mono-Rock will make this thing end up in BL, unless it has like 150 SAtk/Spd or Adaptability. :x

Mono-Rock.

Rock has good coverage, insofar as hitting every Flier this side of Skarmory/Gliscor with STAB SE Power Gem or Stone Edge.

Speaking of Stone Edge, why is everyone so quick to assume that this new pokémon will be a special sweeper? We really don't have a mixed Rock attacker, either, so why can't it be that? It could end up like Electivire, with stronger STAB in the stat that it doesn't use. Let's not limit our options.

The future aside, Fighting-type would override Rock as a primary type, and thus I am against it.

RockJustRock.

kthxbai

(also, by the way, I'd rather not cyber with anyone.

Am I a bad liar?)

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This RockJustRock shit is pretty lame btw.

Whoever thought of that deserves to be stoned.

Anyway, I don't we should worry about a lack of power special Rock attacking moves.

Like I said before, this is CAP. We can make a move up.

Whoever thought of that deserves to be stoned.
Pun! I get it.

That aside, if it does end up as a special-user, making a new move would be fun. I've never done that before. It'd be exciting to participate in that.

But then, one thinks: could we move that move to another pokémon or something else? Would it be exclusive to this one? More questions. More polls. More bold bloviated opinions.

Fighting, or this pokemon is doomed to suck. Mono-type sweepers are fail. This is not a mold, but rather a fact.

Voted fighting, I seriously don't want to have to make a new move so that this poké is viable in OU. That will just be too stupid.
And if it end up being mono rock the option of abilities will be quite limited... Or we could always make new ones>:)

EDIT: I know we are not discussing abilities yet, but a special version of super power would be awesome

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well initially I had planned on voting no secondary, but after seeing Aldaron's first post in this thread I think fighting is my only option.

(In actuality though I'm voting no second).

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Voted fighting, I seriously don't want to have to make a new move so that this poké is viable in OU. That will just be too stupid.
And if it end up being mono rock the option of abilities will be quite limited... Or we could always make new ones>:)

I'm on the fighting side, but even if Fighting wins it would be better to make a new move, because we still want to break the mold of rock and not fighting, but if it gets Technician I see no problem with Acient Power/Vacuum Wave combo as the Rock attack will have more power.
(^Poll Jump^)

I voted Fighting, but as Mono-Rock(stop the RockJustRock, its getting old) is going to win(as long people don't cheat whit their votes)I'm thinking of an art for that one.

Still, gogo Fighting!(cyber is sick, don't vote NST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)