CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 15 (Sprite Poll 2)

Who's sprite should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Stratagem

Break the Mold-
Click here to see the full post.
latinoheat said:
Name: Break the Mold

Description:
An OU viable pokemon that goes completely against the stereotypes of its typing.
Type: Rock

Offensive/Defensive Bias: Offensive 20-40
Physical/Special Bias: Special -20 and lower
Base Stat Rating: Very Good
Base Stats:90/60/65/120/70/130 Speed Last
Primary Ability: Levitate
Secondary Ability: Technician

Art By yourDeadGrandad

Pokedex Entries:

Kamen Rider said:
STRATAGEM'S peculiar shape is a result of the wind erosion it constantly experiences moving at high speeds. The older a STRATAGEM gets, the smaller and more streamlined its body will be.
Mr_Goodbar said:
STRATAGEM roam in volcanic regions, thriving on the intense heat. Their spontaneous and destructive nature has prevented much exploration in these areas.
Leman said:
The claws on STRATAGEM'S limbs are actually rather brittle. Instead of using those for stabbing, STRATAGEM'S uses them as a launching-pad for its various energy attacks.
Clicky Poll this time, lets just finish this.

Wyverii

DarthVader317

Atyroki

Dragonzrule

Kharozz

Chaoscrippler

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Kinda disappointed that flygon493 didn't make the cut, as I really liked his sprite as well. Voted for Atyroki here.

I voted Darthvader317. I like his sleek and streamlined design. I really liked Wyverii's and Atyroki's as well, but DV's just jumped out at me the most. It said "THIS IS STRATAGEM!"

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voted Darthvader. I love his pose, it is so dynamic and fluid. His sprite makes it easy to imagine the thing traveling super fast, whereas the other sprites don't give off the same 'speedy' vibe imo.

Each sprite has its own unique interpretation that I love; the most original was flygon493's, which I really loved.

I must also award praise to Chaoscrippler's sprite for being the most accurate by far of the sprites on the poll. It is regretful but also exciting that neither the most accurate sprites nor the ones that most closely follow Nintendo's spriting precedents, but rather ones with a spirit that appeals to the voters on the project. And thus, in the selection of the sprite is captured the spirit of the CAP community.

Looks like it'll come down to the top two entries.

I would have to go with Wyverii's sprite here, It seems to acknowledge an important fact about our friend Stratagem, he is Purely a Rock type. the other sprites are good, but the grey parts seem to be depicted as steel or some other type of smooth metal, but Wyverii went with a very jagged look, and has won my vote.

Of the 3 CAP's I've been actively involved with, Wyverii's sprites have always been my favorite. That would be why she got my vote.

The reason I like DarthVader's over the others, is because it's the smallest while also looking very professional. It's not taking up the entire grid like some do, not all pokemon utilize that full space. Stratagem is a smaller pokemon, is he not? So giving him less space makes his sprite seem better... to me anyways.

Wyv's sprite has a pretty cool pose, and the body is well-stylized.

Darthv's is nice, but the bottom two extremeties are awkwardly positioned IMO.

Atr's is nice too, I'm just not sure if the backsprite matches the head-width of the front sprite though.

Imo, I think Wyv's looks a lot more 'realistic', at least just in the sense that it's got rocks that are really well done. I love Wyv's back sprite too; it's probably my favourite of all of the ones up there. On the other hand, DarthVader's just looks like it could travel much faster, and it has this streamlined, "I'm bored so let's kick some ass" feeling to it, and as much as I'm going to say that Wyv's definitely deserves to win this, I'm voting DarthVader's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)