CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 9 (Primary Ability Poll)

Which should be our primary Ability?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well um.. it seems we obviously have a clear winner, and frankly I saw no point in this poll.
Its not your job to see a point. Seriously, can you all quit whining and just let Sunday do his job? What exactly did you lose by having this poll? Time? We aren't on a strict timetable, we don't have a deadline to make. So can we all quit whining about this for a while? So what if it won. There was no harm in this poll. To be quite frank, it WAS necessary. We need to do another one for the second ability too. So please, don't say things like this. If you have a problem with this kind of policy, bring it up in the PR thread.

Don't make it seem like like I'm going after Sunday. He even said it himself:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1344366&postcount=126

This was in no way a personal attack. Tennis, don't act like statement is an attack, just what I would have done differently. And it wasn't a matter of time more then if we made this poll Persistent would be the winner anyway, so I really saw no point in this one. But, I have to respect our TL's decision. I just would have done things differently.

Again, persistent is BROKEN. Those moves have unbuffable durations, and that is because they powerfull. They don't haze away, they don't phaze away, they do there thing, and you can't stop them (other than trick room canceling trick room). 7 turns of a properly built team going first? 7 turns your oppent can't heal? 5 turn speed buff no one can do anything about?
I agree. I voted for Frisk.

Voted for klutz. I'd be happy if that was the secondary ability to persistent, but I'll be supporting it all the way. :D

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
As persistant is winning by 41% at this point, is there any reason we can't start the secondary ability poll early?
Yes, as at this time tomorow I'll be in school.

Hence I started this poll at a time when I could open the next one and be home for it's finishing.

Don't make it seem like like I'm going after Sunday. He even said it himself:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1344366&postcount=126

This was in no way a personal attack. Tennis, don't act like statement is an attack, just what I would have done differently. And it wasn't a matter of time more then if we made this poll Persistent would be the winner anyway, so I really saw no point in this one. But, I have to respect our TL's decision. I just would have done things differently.
It's a system that breeds conservativeness, as GT can attest to. I "Would have done things differently" if this was poll #1, but it's not. After 9 polls (with mixed success in a few) I'm sure you would have acted in the same way I did too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)