CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 7 (Base Stat Spread Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Pure Utility Pokemon
Description: There is a serious lack of Gravity, Rapid Spin, Wish, non Dark weak Trick Room, OU viable Heal Bell / Aromatherapy, Encore, Memento, Non Dark weak Perish Song, Psycho Shift, Safeguard, Magic Coat, Me First, Snatch, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Tailwind and Haze Pokemon in our lovely Metagame. I don't know what type, what stat distribution or even what kind of Pokemon would effectively use all those, but I want to build a utility Pokemon for the useful yet less used utility moves. If I had to narrow the field a bit, I would emphasize Tailwind, Gravity, non Dark weak Trick Room, Rapid Spin, Wish and Encore. The normal utility moves like Reflect and Light Screen go without saying.
Primary Typing: Poison
Secondary Typing: Ground
Style Bias: Mixed, Between -5 and -10 -- Slightly towards defence
Build Bias: Between 5 and 10 -- Slightly towards physical
Base Stat Rating: 300 to 419 -- Very Good

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys, we're finally ready to vote on our Pokemon's base stat spread. We have seven submitted spreads. Each one has had a lot of thought put into it by it's creator, and I ask that you honour that by carefully reading through their description of their thread to see exactly how it was put together, and above all why it deserves your vote.

Everyone has two votes. The first vote is worth double the second. Around four spreads will move on to the next poll. For your votes to be counted in this thread they must:
- Be bolded
- Not be buried under a wall of text. Aka, I want them to be the first thing in your post.
- There must be two of them.
- You must vote using the name of the stat spreads creator to indicate your choice.

EXAMPLE
Sunday said:
1. Gothic Togekiss
2. X-Act
[reasoning]
Without further adue, here are the entrants:

Gothis Togekiss
Gothic Togekiss said:
100/80/100/70/95/110 = 555

HP&Def: Same as Celebi and Jirachi and we all know how sturdy those little blighters are. With Max HP and Defense, this pokemon will be able to take hits like a champ. Here's a little demo on how study this guy is.

Code:
Adamant BandCross using Megahorn/Close Combat against Max HP/Def CAP4 poke:
Damage: [B]27.97% - 32.92%[/B]
Choice Scarf Version: [B]18.56% - 22.03%[/B]

Stone Edge:
[B]18.56% - 22.03%[/B]
Choice Scarf: [B]12.38% - 14.6%[/B]

Night Slash:
[B]21.78% - 25.74%[/B]
Choice Scarf: [B]14.6% - 17.33%[/B]
As you can see, this baby beats both CB and CS variation of Heracross. This guy would give Hera enough incentive to use Earthquake instead of Night Slash/Pursuit from time to time.

Atk: Strong enough to dish out some damage towards those foes with it's stabbed moves, but a far cry from sweeping anythings.

Sp. Atk: 70 is the same stat Castform, but have you seen Castform sweep a team? I didn't think so. Mostly be unless with what it will be done.

Sp. Def: The weaker of it's two defenses, but don't be fooled by that. It can take non-stabbed Ice, Ground, and Psychics type move in stride. I'm somewhat amazed how study it is when it comes to special attacks.

Speed: Allows it to outspeed all forms of Garchomp, Heracross, Lucario (excluding Scarf versions), and anything below 110. The only problem about maxing out speed is that you're less defensive and limits your ability to come into things.
omgthatkid
omgthatkid said:
95/82/90/65/103/120
HP:
CAP 4 doesn't really need 101 subs. Blissey can use Ice Beam instead of Seismic Toss, and that's one of the most important factors making 101 subs so appealing. Blissey can't use Thunder Wave either, so I thought it was practically useless to have 101 subs. 95 is still at quite a bulky stat number, as demonstrated later.
Attack: A bast stat of 82 in the primary offensive stat is a respectable one on something that "has better things to do." Without any ev investment on both parties, an Earthquake has almost a 100% chance to 2HKO Metagross.
Defense: Base 90 Defense has been shown to work well, especially on such things as Swampert. With naturally decent defensive capabilities and a resistance to all of Heracross' main attacks (Megahorn, Close Combat, Stone Edge), don't expect a Heracross to take CAP 4 down soon. With max HP, Heracross will fail to 2HKO with it's strongest attacks.
Special Attack: Base 65...not very special. Still usable, but attacks are better shot from the physical spectrum. Earthquake is more powerful than Earth Power, and combined with possibly Gravity, will really shine.
Special Defense: With max HP, none of Mixed Infernape's attack are a 2HKO. At max HP and Special Defense, this Pokemon also has a 100% chance to survive a Timid Life Orb Syclant's Blizzard (though I doubt many would allow its good speed stat to be left untouched).
Speed:As a utility Pokemon, Speed is not so much an asset as it is a necessity. At 120 it can outspeed the majority of threats in the metagame such as Garchomp, Infernape, Salamence, Gengar, Azelf, Starmie, and others. Why is Speed so important? Speed allows this Pokemon to recover before attacked, inflict status before going down, and attack before being attacked. Basically, it lets this Pokemon go first and get something done.
Flash_gearz
Flash_gearz said:
100/80/95/70/95/105=540

This set is really well suited for anything we decide to do with it. make it a baton passer? It has the speed and HP to fit that team. Tank with it? Calculations are going to show that while this thing doesn't hit amazingly hard, it's going to do some damage. Want a pure speed utility? This reachs speed tiers right below Infernape. With tailwind, it's right above scarfchomp with a neutral nature. Want a wall? This can work ether way, and do it's just as well Swampert. This thing is going to be very unpredictable with this. Hell, if we give it Sword dance, this thing can sweep with tailwind up. You can even give up HP fire, for Gravity and it would work. Now here are the reasons behind each stat.

HP:100 is for 2 reasons. You can go with can go with 172 EVS to get the best leftovers recovery, which has a good chance of being the main item for it then put the rest of it into a defense to make it into more of a wall. Or you can go with the 252 to get 101 subs, and give it a free attack if they switch.

ATK: Gives it a decent atk stat, similar to unboosted Dugtrio. Decent enough to do some damage when needed, but not enough to really sweep without help. Going to need Earthquakes' BP to do alot of damage. I think that Earthquake can be used by it's self, if we put Gravity over *Insert poison attack or HP* thru stopping almost all immunitys, and can gie is a rather good chance of Sweeping. Reaches atk tier of 55.38, same as dugtrio.

DEF: Gives it a big boost to help survive some important attacks, that I'm not sure of. The typing is only going to help with Fighting, and rock type attacks, so it needs to have a higher defense to take the other attacks well. Beats out Swampert just slightly.

SATK: Took a hit to make it more physical. Only would be used for Sludge bomb, and to kill physical walls. Could go the same way as the gimmick Special Gyrados. and work, but would be just that. A gimmick. HP ice or electricity could work to stop bulky waters, and ground types from walling you, while a HP Fire could work if you decide to use this over Gravity for Skarmory.

SDEF: See Normal defense. Nothing really different, but still important to attempt to take Ice beams. If Garchomp can be killed by 269 Ice Beams, Then this would take atleast 300 to OHKO. Not really anything that does too much damage.

SPD: 105 seems to be a good number for this. Keeps it really fast, but not broken fast. at max it reaches 339. Outspeeds everything slower then neutral 252 base 120s. But will never out speed anything faster then Max speed Infernape. This means Gengar, Weavile, Dugrio, Crobat,and I think +2 speed Gyrados. These are all in theory, good counters to this. Due to them out speeding, and having a way of to Stoping this thing.Unless you decide to put Tailwind on this thing, in which it out speeds neutral ScarfChomp. Thus actually make this counter much of those threats.

BST: 545 makes it higher then Gyrados, Snorlax, Blissey, Miloic,Kingdra, and Electivire. All BL or above. This means nothing, but shows that this total gives it a chance to be atleast BL.

And here are some quick Calculations that I could do. Because I don't fully know how to manually do damage calculations, I used Metalkids, and with pokemon that the CaP's stats. Some may be off, because there is no option for gravity, and so I had to sub some thing out. it shouldn't be too big of a problem. The Cap's EV spreads are vague, and are going to be change after the thing is done. This is just a estimate to show what it can, and can't do.

Used Unboosted Dugtrio Earthquake. Neutral Nature, No EVs at all. All sets used are most common defensive smogon sets. So this is about how much damage will usually happen. This is also assuming Gravity in on your set.

Forretress: 16.67% - 19.49%
Skarmory: 30.81% - 36.34% *Used Torkoal, Torkoal has 5 more base HP.*
Gengar: 92.28% - 108.46% *Used Flareon, Flaron has 5 more base HP*
Starmie: 31.56% - 37.21%
Garchomp : 24.30% - 28.77%
Cant find a way to do damage cals with Bronzgong, and Gliscor, but Assuming both are 3HKOs.

This is with Armaldo's HP Fire. Again, with usually most common defensive set. Nuetral nature, no EVs.

Skarmory 30.84% - 36.53%
Forretress: 65.54% - 77.12% *No SDEF EVS*
Forretress:52.54% - 61.86% *160 SDEF EVS*
Bronzong:18.34% - 21.60%

Defending. For the sake of us not having finalized sets, Nature will be neutral. 172 HP, 168 in both defenses. This time I will show the attacker's Spread. The pokemon used in place of our CaP, is Swampert.Swampert has 5 less points in both defenses.

Lucario: 252 Atk Positive nature Close Combat: 46.09% - 54.17%. Will turn into roughly a 4HKO with we factor in the poison type, and 5 more defense.
Lucario:252 SAtk Positive naute Aura Sphere, specs:53.65% - 63.28% Will turn into roughly a 3HKO when we change to the poison type.
gengar 252 SAtk Positive nature HP ice, scarf:20.31% - 23.96% Will turn into a 3HKO with the typing.

This just shows that it can be a pretty effective tank. And oddly enough, with the right set, this may counter Gengar.

Slightly biased toward defense (-6.7)
Slight bias to physical(7)

Very Good

If my explanation is too long, then you can take off the Anything you want. The opening statment really explain's the whole spread by it's self. Calculations can be taken out too, they aren't really precise, and are really simple.
Elevator Music
Elevator Music said:
...Here we go then.

My spread is as follows:
81 HP / 76 Attack / 108 Defense / 70 Special Attack / 100 Special Defense / 110 Speed
(Putting in a mention of a BST of 545)

...I don't have a working webcam, so I'll put them in a list.
- Physical Sweepiness: 118 (Above Average)​
- Physical Tankiness: 138 (Good)​
- Special Sweepiness: 109 (Average)​
- Special Tankiness: 129 (Moderately Good)​
- Offense/Defense Balance: -8.4 (Slight Bias to Defense)​
- Physical/Special Balance: 7.9 (Slight Bias to Physical)​
- Overall Rating: 315 (Very Good)
More or less an adaptation of my original spread to conform with what we decided as a project. All that was really done was a small boosts in stuff to be honest. But a small summary of why I chose each stat number:

HP (81)- I don't like a high HP number, but low HP makes the pokemon's defenses problematic at best. 80 is generally a good number for HP, as it allows the pokemon some leeway to have nice defenses (like Tentacruel or Meganium, or even Metagross) without going overboard. I chose 81 because it helped balance out the spread, while just hitting below the cutoff for a max leftovers number (it hits 366 as opposed to the 368 it would need to). This prompts us to not max out HP, which actually would be somewhat better for the pokemon's defensive capabilities (on both sides).

Attack (76)- A rather random number that allows it to hit hard but not too hard. Helped to balance out the BST number (it bugged me at 544). Nesides it not being divisble by 6, it's a pretty normal number as far as offensive stats go on tanky/support pokemon. Most of those types usually have their main offensive stat somewhere from the 70's to 80's, so it's not too out of place. And as Oxy pointed out, it allows the pokemon to OHKO the standard SpecsTran with Earthquake.

Defense (108)- 138 Tankiness is right around where I want this pokemon. I feel it's a number (when combined with the base 110 Speed), you have to make the choice of either making this really bulky yet not so fast (though not too slow), or really fast and yet not so bulky (though not too frail). That was my goal with this stat spread. I wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be overpowered with a fast Encore and too good defensive stats. This was also my reasoning with not making the HP high, and not bringing the Speed above 110. This should take hits like Bronzong/Swampert (they have the same tankiness in at 133) when EV'd in it's defense(s) and HP, but take hits not so well when not EV'd as such.

Special Attack (70)- Not that usable outside of a gimmick hopefully. I woulda made this lower but I didn't want to offest the Physical/Special ratio. Also, it allows the neat pattern of the Tankiness being 20 more than the Sweepiness on both Physical and Special (though, I didn't really plan that, I sorta noticed it when typing this up).

Special Defense (100)- 100 still lets the pokemon do what I wanted it to do in Defense; take hits well when EV'd to do so, but lose significant bulk when not EV'd that way. It's less than defense purely for the Physical/Special ratio; at this point in time I actually think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make them even (too bad we voted the way we did).

Speed (110)- I mentioned before in another post that I would really like 115 Speed on this guy. But I can't. I'm already thinking I gave this guy a lot of bulk, and giving it Speed requires less Speed EVs to do a fast Encore which defeats the point of what I've been trying to do. Don't get me wrong, fast Encore off of defensive stats that don't suck like Zam's or Jumpluff's is inviting, but it's really powerful. I'm not sure if it would be broken (I honestly doubt it, as Aldaron said, you have to try hard to break something), but it would be more overpowering than I want this already good pokemon to be.

One thing that I haven't really touched on is why the high defenses. Yes, so that it can be bulky if you want and stuff, but even if this was Normal type or Psychic type I would have gone lower. Sadly, due to being Ground/Ice/Psychic weak, this guy may need more defenses than normal. Poison/Ground really isn't the greatest defensive type in the world, so this pokemon will need the stats to make up for that.
Maniaclyrasist
My spread is as follows

95 / 76 / 109 / 90 / 80 / 105 = 555

Hp: 95 - This pokemon aims to be a great utility pokemon and should be able to take a hit or two if necessary, however its primary function is not that of a wall and it's defenses should reflect that.
95 base HP allows this pokemon to take a few hits when it needs to but without the pokemon becoming overly defensive, especially when its defenses are taken into consideration.

Attack: 76 - I find it more ideal for this pokemon to be specially orientated offensively so I lowered the Physical Attack stat in respect of this. My reasoning for this is explained more in the description for Special Attack

Defence : 109 - As i mentioned previously, this pokemon needs to be able to take a hit and it's typing leans towards defending some of the most common physical attacking types in Bug, Fighting and Rock.

109 base defence allows this pokemon to take attacks from these types relatively well as well as allowing it to survive through moderatly powered super effective attacks like Waterfall or Earthquake.

Special Attack: 90 - I had previously given this poke 100 base attack but with the decisions at the polls I had to alter it. I believe making this pokemon Special based as far as offense goes as it adds a unique charateristic to it. (how often do you see a special Ground type) Special attacks also seem to represent the Poison type better at least from an aesthetic point of view.

Most of the other spreads don't even have an attacking stat over base 80, which I believe to be too low. We don't want to make this pokemon terrible at attacking, just because it's aimed primarily at being a utility pokemon. With a base 90 Special Attack it's not going to be sweeping anytime soon, but it won't be simply a pushover in terms of offense.

Special Defense: 80 - I previously had base 90, enabling this pokemon to take some of the weaker Special hits and survive the occasional super effective hit. I had to lower the Special Defense stat to take the polls into consideration, but Base 80 is still quite enough for taking weak to moderate Special hits and ensures this pokemon has a weaker defensive stat that opponents can prey on if they aren't able to take it out due to it's higherPhysical Defense.

Speed: 105 - Fairly high speed is important but I feel going as fast as 110-140 is unecessary. I settled on 105 as it allows this pokemon to still outspeed the likes of quite a few pokemon like Lucario, Heracross, Salamence and even Garchomp to quite possibly set up some form of Utility move before they attack wheter it be a screen or Encore, or even attack them if you so desire.
X-Act
X-Act said:
Here is the stat spread that I'm proposing for this new Pokemon:

HP: 57
Atk: 78
Def: 130
SpA: 70
SpD: 122
Spe: 107

Physical Sweepiness: 121 (Moderately Good)
Physical Tankiness: 136 (Good)
Special Sweepiness: 109 (Average)
Special Tankiness: 129 (Moderately Good)
Offense/Defense Balance: -6.4 (Slight Bias to Defense)
Physical/Special Balance: 8.8 (Slight Bias to Physical)
Overall Rating: 318 (Very Good)

This stat spread is suggested with EVs in mind. Having a moderately defensive, fast Pokemon is a nightmare to EV, because you'll need to put EVs in Speed to outspeed the relevant Pokemon, EVs in defenses to be able to take a hit and, if possible, a few EVs in Attack so that you can deal a bit of damage. This Base stat spread addresses these just-mentioned points admirably.

The Speed stat is very good, allowing the player to outspeed Garchomp and the odd base 105 Speed Pokemon, but not Infernape and the base 110s. Not only that, but it allows this Pokemon to outspeed stuff while leaving a few EVs left for other stats, notably Attack. A low HP/high Defenses spread not only allows the user to easily EV the Pokemon by putting 252 EVs in HP, but also increases the defense of the Pokemon much more after EVing it than if the defensive base stats were more balanced. So, again, we see that the base stats are designed so that efficient use of EVs is possible.

Now, after all this, it is important not to forget about the purpose of this Pokemon: to be a major utility force. The guys that described the Pokemon in the winning concept wanted that this Pokemon uses especially the following moves:

- Tailwind
- Gravity
- Trick Room
- Rapid Spin
- Wish
- Encore
- Reflect
- Light Screen

While the above moves are not set in stone in the movepool of the Pokemon, it's important to stay in touch with what the people describing their concept wanted. Having a base speed of 107 and nice bulky stats allows for very fast uses of all the above moves, except maybe for Trick Room. However, Trick Room can also be achieved because this Pokemon's speed is not exceedingly high, and it can hit a minimum speed of 197, which is slower than a good number of Pokemon in OU. Also, fast Trick Roomers are by no means unusable anyway.

Speaking of the 'bulk' of this Pokemon, they are geared slightly towards physical Defense as per the PSB. The physical defense is about as bulky as Articuno's 90 HP/100 Def base stats, while the special defense is about as bulky as Venusaur's 80 HP/100 SpD base stats. These are pretty nice bulky stats but not too bulky as to render this Pokemon broken, considering also its pretty high 107 base Speed.

Regarding offenses, since this Pokemon is predominantly going to be used for utility purposes, they are at best okay. 78 Atk paired with 107 Spe provides a physical sweepiness similar to that of Miltank's 80 Atk/100 Spe, while 70 in SpA provides quite an average special sweepiness on the level of Uxie's 75 SpA/95 Spe.

One final point: for those people who are paranoid about a BST exceeding 555 (yes, it does, by 9), I'll suggest them to read this post.

I must thank those people that end up voting for my stat spread in advance.

X-Act
Kingdrom
Kingdrom said:
Listed below is the stat distribution I would like to see, keeping the stipulations in mind. To make it easy to remember, I made the base stats all multiples of five.

BST: 550

150 HP / 75 ATK / 65 DEF / 60 SP. ATK / 70 SP. DEF / 130 SPD

Physical Sweepiness: 119 Rank 1: Above Average
Physical Tankiness: 132 Rank 3: Good
Special Sweepiness: 96 Rank 0: Average
Special Tankiness: 140 Rank 3: Good
Offense/Defense Balance: -8.7 Slight Bias to Defense
Physical/ Special Balance: 8.4 Slight Bias to Physical
Overall Rating: 308 Very Good

Now, let me explain. My vision for this pokemon would have to be Celebi and Blissey-like support in a faster, more defensive oriented version of Vaporeon or Hariyama. In fact, Hariyama is where I got the idea for high HP and mediocre base defense. For me, there would be nothing better than to have a pokemon switch in on a DD Tar/Mence, Taunt or Encore it before it can DD, then put it out of commision with EQ or Counter/Mirror Coat. An already interesting Pokemon could be made even more unique by giving it such a one-of-a kind base stat distribution. It is my hope that this Pokemon would be the one of the best anti-set-up-sweeper tanks around. Thus, the simple looking Base Stat Distribution is not so, as everything ha

*Paragraphs explained in the order of Hp, Atk, Sp. Atk, Spe, both defenses, and Overall Rating*

First of all, the HP. Base 150 means that without any EV's, this Pokemon would sit at 441 Hp minimum with 31 IV's. This allows said Pokemon to set up 101 subs with ease. This Pokemon will be able to take non-STAB hits very well. Since the HP is already so high, there would be less of a need for HP EV's, meaning that there are many useful EV spreads.

The attack, at Base 75, is decent enough to use for some sort of sweeping. However, with anything but a 4x super effective attack or a super-effective STAB move, it will be hard for this Pokemon to OHKO walls without relying on a Choice Band. However, with good defenses, immunity to Electric attacks, and useful resistances in general, a physical sweeping set isn't novelty. Plus, Gravity+Earthquake would be a cool combo.

Special attack, at base 60, is poor. While sweeping from the special side may not be viable, it is still somewhat useable in order to dent Pokemon who cannot defend themselves on the special side. This also helps to balance out the great defenses and insane speed. It also keeps the physical/special balance towards physical while retaining the high special defense.

The speed, at Base 130, is about as high as humanely possible without becoming broken. With only 16 Speed Ev's and a + nature, this Pokemon reaches 334 Speed, enough to outspeed all non-scarf Garchomps. Some people might wonder why I didn't decide to use Base 140 Speed instead. Well, this pokemon would be too dangerous if it maxed out at 416 Speed. 416 Speed would ensure that you outspeed all non-scarfers besides Deoxys, Ninjask, and Electrode as well as Scarf Heracross, Scizor after an Agility, and many other pokemon that sit in that region. Plus, the extra 20 Speed does make a difference. With Base 130 Speed, outspeeding Gengar, Starmie, Azelf, and the occasional Raikou becomes a much more daunting task, but it would still be viable.

Finally, the defenses, at 65 defense and 70 special defense. While these don't seem too high for a defensive pokemon, after Ev investment, the defenses actually allow it to survive many hits when coupled with the huge 150 Hp. Although with such low defenses, it does need investment to be able to survive hits sufficiently from the physical and special side. In this increasingly offensive metagame, Blissey is losing some of her credibility as a special wall. This Pokemon would be able to wall both from the physical and the special side provided the correct investment.

Lastly, the Overall Rating. At 309, it is at the lower end of Very Good. This pokemon takes neutral hits the same as a Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin with 91% of it's HP on the physical side with no Ev's. That is, this Poison/Ground Pokemon would have the same defensive ability as a pokemon with base stats of 100/100/100 with 91% of it's max HP (similar to Dragontamer's "SkarmBliss Cents"). On the special side, this Pokemon takes neutral hits the same as a Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin with about 94% of its HP (min HP/min Sp. Def). This is not outstanding, but it does mean that he can take hits pretty well. While it may seem broken considering its huge speed advantage over Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin, the low but not unusable attacking stats ensure that it will not be able to do everything at once. It has to make sacrifices to fit into a position in a team.

This guy would redefine utility- almost any support move it gets would be used well.

Kingdrom:
I found this to be a very innovative set. The HP looks too high but the defenses event it out, and I don't mind the idea of 101 subs, since if I Blissey were to be left one on one with something like this it would probably lose anyway. The speed stat actually lets the poke do what it is meant to do while not outspeeding everything under the sun and it doesn't make the base attack stats ridiculous.

X-Act:
I like this one because it was a more defensively cored spread. It can't outspeed a lot of things but it can take a hit and still help out the team, which it was meant to do.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1.) Gothic_Togekiss

2.) omgthatkid

Both have good Speed and good bulk, with a moderate Attacking stat of at least 80. I wanted at least 110 Speed on this thing so that it could effectively counter Infernape, stand a chance against Hypnosis Gengar and dictate the pace against the supporting Fairies, Jirachi and Celebi.

For a utility Pokemon, good Speed and good bulk are in my opinion necessary components, and both these spreads effectively accomplish these goals.

Good job guys.

1. omgthatkid
2. Maniaclyrasist

First spread has what looks to me like the best spread for offensive purposes (because I still love the idea of Gravity/EQ/Gunk Shot/whatever), but that still has the capability to take hits. I'm not a major fan of the defensive special tilt, but it's necessary in order to have a pokemon that falls within the parameters and carries a high attack score (should've been more than "slightly" physical oriented >_>). Rasist's is unique in that it's a special spread, which allows it a higher degree of physical durability (take that, Heracross!) and just seems well-balanced overall.

lol @ Gothis Togekiss

1. X-Act

2. Flash_gearz

X-Act's spread is nearly what I would've submitted myself; nice defenses, alright attack, not too shabby speed.

Originally voted for Tennis's, but apparently the three spreads were so similar, I had to vote for this one. :pirate:

While not being the highly defensive creature I wanted, does have clear strong points. Slightly-above-average stats, nice speed, etc.

Sunday

Ugh, tennis and Admiral_Stalfos19 are remarkably similar. I'm going to have to do as I said I would and remove Tennis's, since his was submitted second.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1. Flash Gearz - If Admiral's was slower, I would have voted for it.

2. Maniaclyrasist - I like how he made it special based, and its the only other one with 105 speed.

Sunday

Votes above this one for Tennis and Admiral_Stalfos19 will be counted towards Flash_gearz if they are not edited otherwise.

Sunday

*sigh* - I should have spent longer checking these. Flash_gearz and Admiral_Stalfos are also very, very similar. And Flash_gearz submission was first so his stays. >.>

1. Kingdrom
2. X-Act

Even though X-Act's spread is pretty much an opposite of mine, his spread is well constructed and stands out from the others. Most importantly, he kept with the vision and based the stat distribution upon that vision. I like it.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you all voted for me, change it to Flash_Gearz. I am putting my support behind it since it is REALLY similar to mine. Bye-Bye 109 speed ;_;

EDIT: Just noticed that G_T's and Flash_Gearz are the same except G_T has 100 def and 110 speed, and Flash_Gearz has 95 def and 105 speed.

Not voting for myself, though I do want it to win, don't get me wrong. I just don't like voting for myself.:

1) X-Act

2) Flash_gearz

X-Act's is similar to mine. I like how it was explained. And it works the same way I intended mine to work. Flash_gearz was the next closest thing I could live with seeing as it wasn't too fast to be so bulky. I almost voted for GT's, since these were pretty close.

By the way, I liked all of them, but eliminated the ones that had too much speed for their defenses (imo of course). It's part of the reasoning on why I made mine the way I did, and it would be hypocritical to vote for them.

1) X-act
2) Elevator Music

X-act's is what I had in mind for something like this. I had preferred low HP/High defense to the reverse, and the speed outspeeds Chomp but isn't excessive which is what I wanted. Also the attacks are modest but only 8 points apart, so both are viable.

EDIT: Just noticed that G_T's and Flash_Gearz are the same except G_T has 100 def and 110 speed, and Flash_Gearz has 95 def and 105 speed.
Before this get's way out of line, I think they should have been some sort of reply PM, telling stat builders that their stat spread looked too much like someone's else. I also think Sunday shouldn't have removed any stat spread regardless of similarly towards each other once he placed them in the poll.

tennisace

Before this way out of line, I think they should have been some sort of reply message telling stat builder that their stat spread looked too similar towards someone else. I also think Sunday shouldn't have removed any stat spread regardless of smiliarly once he placed them in the poll.
I agree. I also wasn't attacking you G_T, seeing as you were the first one to submit it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)