CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electric - The thought of a bulky, supportive electric type is really exciting to me. It only has one weakness that you can usually see coming, and a couple of resistances. Plus, thunderwave is never a bad thing.

Dark - I think rapid spin's a must on this guy, and to get in that anti-ghost rapid spinner that was an option last time, we'd need the Dark type to threaten.

to all the dragon voters, i urge you to rethink. it's actually a type i considered, but then when i was looking for types to get rid of the ice weak, nothing comes without another pretty debilitating weakness. plus, dragon just isn't really the kind of type that has access to all these support/utility moves we're talking about using. flavor is important too...

Dark: If we're giving this thing Trick Room/Gravity, Dark, Psychic, and Ghost are the three types that make the most sense to use it, and the latter two are both Dark weak, which the concept specifically wants to remedy.

Electric: Just a fun type for a support Pokemon, imo. That and shameless bandwagoning. <_<

Well we've done Ice / Bug, Ghost / Fighting, and Fire / Grass so far, and while I don't think we should limit our selves to only the types just because of that, I would like to see something new.

While I do like AJC's suggestion about having a support Dragon, I have to take the fanboy card on this one and say that I'd personally like to keep our potential CaP Dragon as offensive :P

My primary type choice is going to have to be electric; one weakness and the potential to make a "different" electric pokemon just sounds cool

my secondary typing is based assuming both that it might be the primary typing's secondary type or its own primary type: flying. A mono Flying Pokemon would have the unique factor, and the fact that it gains access to Roost (more survivability for our Utility guy?) and has a useful Ground immunity and fighting resist.

What he said.

Electric because it counters Flying types which the CAP server is weak too.

Flying for the reverse reasoning, so that it counters most of the CAP server.

(in addition to the fact that they are cool types.)

Edit:

I'm confused... How did Smogon get the type chart. It wasn't there until Sunday posted something about it and it seems to be copied from the one he posted. I'm not complaining, just curious.

Electric. We need more of them, and Electric only has one weakness, which can easily be amended with traits/secondary types/Magnet Rise if needbe, which means it can fully capitalize on the defenses and utility moves we give it.

Steel would make quite a defensive monster probably, so it's a consideration of mine, but I think it's more centralization than anything, and coupling it with Revenankh could very well lead to a huge stall influx, so I'll take Normal for pretty much the same reason as Electric.

Dark: Its only weaknesses are Fighting and, according to the little chart Sunday posted, Bug (haven't been able to find my own official chart, so I can't confirm, because I've never heard of Dark being weak to Bug), and both of those weaknesses have many ways of being dealt with. But that's another poll.

Poison: Basically for the same reasons everyone else whose voted for Poison gave.Toxic Spikes-resistance, other good resistances, yadda-yadda-yadda...

Poison- Every one else has explained it. One rare weakness, one easily blocked weakness, great resists, Utility poke= nice type.

Electric- Again, it only has one weakness which is easily mended. This would also give it the "typing flavor" to be fast, as Doug said. (I mean, how many FAST steel types are out there? That AREN'T holding a Choice Scarf?)

Poison's first, Electric's second.

1) Poison- same as every one else who said this. Also it is a personal favorite of mine, but since they are weak in OU it is hard to get a good one on my team. The only good one i can think of is Weezing.

2) Bug- Can take care of poisons psychic weakness and i can see a bug type using moves like tail wind.

Sigh, someday I'll get my Ghost/Normal.

#1 - Poison: I'm not sure why, but Poison is generally a good type for utility pokemon. Two weaknesses is nothing to feel bad about, even if one of those weakness happens to be to the most common move in the game. Regardless, with a bit of speed, it could be a threat.

#2 - Electric: I'm saying Electric in hopes that I'll get a nice dual typing. Electric brings the speed required for a good utility pokemon to set up first, while adding no additional type weaknesses to the overall pokemon. And honestly, you won't be keeping your mono-Poison in against Hippowdon/Gliscor/Garchomp anyway.

Electric is an oft overlooked defensive typing. With the right stats, it can take most neutral hits, and considering it only has one weakness which is usually very predictable, it can switch in and out easily, which is exactly what is necesary for a utility pokemon.

Poison is similar, except it trades a couple of weaknesses for more resists. It has the same weakness as Electric, but as I mentioned before, it is very predictable. Psychic attacks, on the other hand, are rare, and only seen on those with STAB, so they, too, are predictable.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. Electric A type with one weak is always usefull, we also need some more of this type in the metagame.

2. Dark A personal preferance of mine, this game also needs more dark types.

1. Poison: As previously mentioned, it breaks toxic spikes, its got some key resistances, predictable weaknesses. Also, follows my dream for the poison/electric with its 7 resistances...

2. Electric: Nice and speedy which is always nice for our utility poke. Electric is not a type opposed to utility moves, and has got some alright defenses for one predictable weakness.

1. Poison: Gets rid of TS, nice defensive typing, predictable weaknesses.

2. Electric: one weakness is nice, as is some speed, typical of this type.

Basically pretty much what everyone has argued :P

Poison has good resists in fighting and bug, ground weak is blah but psychic isn't that common. It can also absorb (and maybe lay) Toxic Spikes.

Electric is a great defensive type. Bulky Luxray, Zapdos? Hells yes.

EDIT: Changed my votes again.

I will have to say Electric and Water. Both have few weaknesses and many neutralities, that will let them stay in longer. :O

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dark: Considering I'm going to be shamelessly plugging new moveset scouting moves/ability to go along with the other utility options (come on ... how much more usefull utility can you get than learning the opponent's moveset?), the Dark type is the only thing flavor wise that makes sense

Electric: Flying resist, one weakness, great STAB, this type is really underrepresented on the bulky/utility side, and it would be nice to go that route for a change of pace from the quick frail sweeper electric.

Having just come over, I'm sure my opinion doesn't count for a lot, but I'll add it anyway:

Type 1 - Fighting - Two less commonly seen weaknesses in flying and psychic, and good neutrailty overall. Also has a resistance to SR. Not much more to be said. Problems: Toxic spikes

Type 2 - Normal - Again Good neutrality resists ghosts but has a problem against the common CC. I like these two types and think that they are resonably viable for this role

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First Preference: Electric
>Electric would be interesting as a defensive type seeing as it boasts only the single weakness.

Second Preference: Dark
>There aren't too many defensive dark type pokemon in the OU metagame apart from Tyranitar, so it would be nice to see a dark type used to support the team.

1. Electric, because I want this thing to be fast enough to Haze without being annihilated first. Electric Pokemon are notoriously fast... the ones worth remembering at least. Besides, Zapdos already shows that electric Pokemon can take hits well.

2. Steel, because this grants it immunity to Toxic Spikes (though it doesn't absorb them), as well as a resistance to Stealth Rock. Only Steel, Fighting, and Ground grant this resistance, but the other two don't grant immunity to Toxic Spikes. Last I checked, utility type Pokemon don't want to be inflicted with Toxic level poison.

Btw, Smogon does have a type chart. Click Diamond/Pearl on the top, then go to Types.

there are so many different type combinations that I want to see in pokemon but for this concept
Steel and

Poison

though that typing won't be able to stand up to the likes of Cap Rev and Pyroak it can do a lot against other common OU pokemon. Poison covers Steel's fight weakness, Steel covers poison's psychic weakness. Then there is the 4 times ground weakness, which is pretty scary when like 80% (just a guess) of OU pokes carry EQ or Earth Power, so the levitate ability would be crucial, but that's another poll. Then if it got levitate it would only be fire weak and with the lack of OU fire pokemon and fire moves on movesets this thing could be very hard to faint.

Normal Only weak to fighting when dealing with resitance and normal's are notorious for their insane moves pools, which works well for the utility theme.

Poisin A utiliity pokemon isn't very useful if it is already crippled coming from a spike weakness. Poisin will soak up toxic and is neutral twoards Stealth Rocks. Plus it is a pretty poorly represented type in the OU world.

1. Poison - This type of Pokémon is rarely seen in battles, with the exception of Tentacruel, because of its weakness to Earthquake, a common move used in most teams. It can be used as a great supportive Pokémon, though, with its immunity to Toxic Spikes and moderate defenses.

2. Electric - I was really debating on whether to choose Dark, Electric, or Normal. In the end, Electric seemed the best choice, what with its one weakness and fairly good speed, which is essential for supportive Pokémon. Sure, it doesn't look like the type to utilize moves such as Heal Bell, but it's a good type overall and that's why I'm choosing it.

Poison: Poison has the ability to absorb toxic spikes, which can be a major asset to any team. Not only that, but it's resistant to fighting, a staple attack type in the metagame, bug, meaning it resists both of heracross's stab moves, and the grass type, something you may encounter encase your opponent is afraid of swampert. Plus it would be able to switch into toxic. Also, it would probably be able to use toxic spikes to aid the team.
Electric: I would definitely favor an electric type as well. Not many of them are defensive, so adding another one would be great. This pokemon would of course have access to Thunder Wave, a great utility move to stop sweepers. Plus, electric attacks have good coverage.

And i wouldn't mind having both types on this pokemon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)