CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 13 (Name Poll 2)

Which name should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Palmire for me. I don't know why, but I don't like Fidgit so much. =\ Palmire suits this CAP and rolls off the tongue rather nicely.

What purpose does the name serve other than flavor? Also, see this.
Yeah, no, that's what I'm saying. You're using Vital Spirit to justify the flavor of the name, when Vital Spirit wasn't voted in for its flavor. In fact, a number of people were against its flavor. I didn't have a problem with it, really, but the point still stands.

Yeah, no, that's what I'm saying. You're using Vital Spirit to justify the flavor of the name, when Vital Spirit wasn't voted in for its flavor. In fact, a number of people were against its flavor. I didn't have a problem with it, really, but the point still stands.
But we can use the name to help justify things like Vital Spirit, so that it at least brings some flavor, and can ease people who are flavor-crazy.

But we can use the name to help justify things like Vital Spirit, so that it at least brings some flavor, and can ease people who are flavor-crazy.
Okay. No, I mean, I don't have a problem with Fidgit. I'm just saying that a three-year-old brat Pokémon would not have Vital Spirit as an ability. :P

FFS fidgit is going to win-although harvesand is the much better name.Why though? is fidgit winning the fact he has 8 hands has nothing to do with being fidgity-if you really liked and thought about this CaP project you would go for much better names.BUT because it has git on the end it's funny and we all like it.Whatever we do fidgit is going to win, thanks immature comdedy you have failed us once again.

My original vote would be for Polypalm, but since it's not even close to winning this, I voted for Fidgit, since it is the 2nd best from the bunch imo. I -really- dislike Harvesand.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'll be perfectly honest: this is the first CAP where I don't like any of the proposed names much. I don't mind what wins, really.

I'll be perfectly honest: this is the first CAP where I don't like any of the proposed names much. I don't mind what wins, really.
I agree, really. Although to be fair, I think more than the public having terrible taste in names, it's just that Fidgit was suggested quite early on by none other than Cartoons! After that, people started referring to it by that name to themselves, and once that's happened, the poll may as well already be over.

Yeah I didn't even like mine that much, I thought it would have at least made it into the first poll but oh well.

It's going to come down to a fight between har and fid. Now people are just going to choose what they hate less as far as names are concerned.

Too bad venomocho didn't make it.

It looks like Fidgit's won. I guess it's time to bring on the bad jokes. ;p

How many Pokemon have their personalities dictated by their names? I know there's a few but it's sad that it'll become awkward to envision a calm DLL praying (Wish) with that name.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I didn't know pokemon had real words for names...cough..fidget..cough
So I guess i'll go for Polypalm
I'd like to introduce you to a game called Pokemon, since obviously you've never played it. Here's the names of a few of the characters in the game, since you aren't familiar with them:

Koffing (Coughing)
Muk (Muck)
Ditto (Ditto)
Weezing (Wheezing)
Pinsir (Pincer)
Unown (Unknown)
Scizor (Scissor)

Fidgit and Harvesand will obviously make it to the finals (unless some super weird miracle happens). I also dislike the name Fidgit slightly but it is better then Harvesand by far.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If you're really gonna vote for Fidgit, you should do it because you like the name and think it would make sense in sentences like "Trainer sent out Fidgit" and "Wild Fidgit appeared". The idea of using a name to justify the flavor of an ability that will only be on 50% of the time (maybe less considering how things work out) sounds really dumb to me.

you don't think we can use the name to help complete the pokemon and to help all aspects fit with each other nearly perfectly?

Pokedex entries are far more useful in that regard. Anyway, most Pokemon don't get detailed explanations of why they have certain abilities whether they 're obvious or not. The ability alone can stand up for itself and combined with the artwork allow people to imagine for themselves why it has it. It needs no extra explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)