CAP 4 CAP 4 - Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now my two favorites are Octoxic and Cartoons' Oddaplod/Audaplod. They both seem very pokemon-y, aren't overly complicated, and feel like they fit this guy pretty well. I guess my runner up would be Tactrick or however its spelled, which I feel fits pretty well, just not as well as either of my first two choices.

I really don't like fidgit at all. It doesn't sound like a pokemon name, it doesn't really have very much to do with our actual design, and in general I just don't think it fits very well.

Octoxin or Octoxic sounds weird in my mind but it does fit this guy in appearance and typing connections. This may have to do with my ability to pronounce words. BTW, Octoxin sounds a tad more cooler in my opinion.

Ah yes, I think I know my submissions now. I'll post both of them together so it's organized.

My first suggestion to name this pokemon is Hanclap. It's a combination of the word "hand" and the word "clap" because this pokemon has a ton of hands and will mostly do some "clap" moves. Like the move Encore and using the move Earthquake. (clapping down) It's a pretty simple name and it still has a nice ring to it imo.

My next submission is Palmpill. No one has thought of using some sort of medicine in their name. So I thought I might aswell try it. I used the word "palm" for his hands and the word "pill". The reason I did so is because this pokemon is made to help others and basically make them feel better and that's what medicine is supposed to do. I was orginally thinking of Tylenaid (Tylenol + aid) but I'm only allowed two submissions. So that sucks.

Let me know what you guys think please.

Haha, Poop. Palmpill sounds like he is a stubborn little brat (you know, the other meaning of pill), but you've got a good idea going there with the medicine + hands.

How about Handidote or Hantidote. I think it flows a little better.

Aww, Palmpill is a bad name? Handidote is pretty cool. I don't really like the sound of Hantidote. What do you think of Tylenaid?

I have 1 suggestions for the name:
Araknapalm(or maybe instead of Palm, put fist or Arm)
Arakna- comes from Arachnid.
Palm(Fist,Arms)-since He's got so many arms
Or maybe:
Venoarms
Veno-Comes from venom
Arms-since He's got so many arms

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hehe, no love for my Arachnidon / Arachnimud. :) Oh well. I've always been bad with names...

I'd just like to throw Finxes out there.
(pronounced fEEnk-sEEz)
Finger+Feces (sludge reference)
I think it's an ok name. But it sounds more cutesy than it should I guess.
commentary?

Handyman! No, not really, though it is interesting that 'man' is a Latin root for 'hand'.

I want something with 'poly' in it.

The body with all the hands going around it makes me think of an atom's nucleus and electrons, but it's missing its lowest energy level so meh.

Arachiran? Chiranaid?

As far as it goes I think that the names that try to play off of either the spider similarities or the poison type seem to kinda not fit with the whole playful, energetic vibe that I get from the pokemon as a whole. Iuno it just seems like a lot of the names are too either complex or just don't fit it very well.

What about Fidgitrick.
I like this one ( maybe take off the k ). Sounds a lot like one of my submissions ( Fidgetwix ), though.
Oddaplod is good too.

EDIT: ( @DK last page ) I think the le/un thing was probably just a coincidence. You get my point whether or not it is, though; they do it to a lot of Pokémon.

I like Hanndi, but a variation on the spelling would be awesome.
Oxtoxic is great too.
BTW guys, Arachnapalm can be respelled Araknapalm or something to fit the 10 letter limit.

Fidgit-rick has a little pause between the T and the R, Fidgi-trick sounds
much better IMO

Try saying it like it's typed =/

Fidgit-rick has a little pause between the T and the R, Fidgi-trick sounds
much better IMO

Try saying it like it's typed =/
It was Fidgi-trick in my head. I don't like Fidgitric, because it looks like the word Electric, which this pokemon (sadly) isn't.

How about KNARGLEFIDGIT?!? :naughty:

Anyways, I think that it's pretty uncommon to have a whole english word in a Pokemon name, or an english word at the end of the name, so I'm not really liking the ones with palm in it.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I like Fidgitrick actually. And we could call its pre-evo Fidgit if it has one.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I only have one submission, but it's a good'un.

Opilipalms (Opiliones and Palms)

Opiliones = The order of spiders that the Daddy Long Legs belongs in.
Palms = ...The center of your hands.

Hope you guys like it.
One final possible name is Handigit Hand+Digit (which is a name for fingers). Short, simple and straight to the point.
Jazzdyne

Jazz hands. Dyne sounds cool. Fits the Pokémon, I think. Not every Pokémon name has to be a combination of two words, you know. Just think about Gardevior and Kyogre!
I'm thinking Palmmire (palm -mire) sounds pokemon-ish. Pretty fitting flavorwise IMO. Looks like it's spelled weird, though. Maybe drop an M (Palmire)?

Palm, obvious.
Mire, 1 : wet spongy earth (as of a bog or marsh) 2 : heavy often deep mud or slush. In most of the sprites he's seen carrying muck with him so this isn't too far off. Could also relate more to the arachnid side of him also. (Great Marsh anyone? Just think of him high walking through it raised above all the muck. If you can find a scorpion there why not this guy?)
Fidgit (i think it sounds cute, and it probably has trouble finding something for all those hands to do, so it fidgets. also rhymes with 'digit')
Harvesand- A combination of harvestman (the arachnid he is based on) and sand for the ground aspect. It is simple enough, plus it sounds like havestman when you say it. Alternatively, it could be Harvestand as in stand instead of sand.
Maybe just Handiman/Handyman? Simple, no?
I like Venomocho, it's pretty funny in spanish terms lol, although Utilitti is a good name too.
What about Fidgitrick.

Umm, these are the ones that have gotten the most attention. I haven't been the most attentive lurker of this thread out there so are there any others the community in general have liked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)