CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 6 (Base Stat Total)

How much Base Stat Total should our new Pokemon have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Type: [COLOR=Red]Fire[/COLOR]/[COLOR=YellowGreen]Grass[/COLOR]
Style: Balanced
Offensively Built: Special
Defensively Built: Mixed/Balanced defenses.
Doesn't evolve from any previous pokemon
The BST poll is finally here so now we can start voting on a base stat total limit for this Pokemon. The actual poll above says it's opened for two days and most people want it opened only for one day, but I like to give people that were in school/work/whatever and didn't see this thread enough time to cast their vote in as well. Let's not argue over it really.

Edit: Forgot to mention it but this is also the spillover discussion thread for Speed. The two finalist at Medium (60-85) and Fast (90-110). Personally I believe that a range of 60 - 110 would suit everyone's need nicely but that's up for discussion also.

People I be asking for stat spreads later on:
--------------
LatinoHeat
Aldaron
Time Mage
Deck Knight
Mekkah (?)
[d.a.r.k.i.e]
Dane
Hyra (?)
Cooper (?)
Fishin
Anyone else that I see respectable in the sense (like Eric and Stall). The questions mark next to the names mean that I'm not sure they would like to participate in this. If any of you whom I listed don't want to submit a spread, speak up now.

I'd like to see a lower BST limit; I'd prefer it to not be a monster, per say (well, it has to spread it's stats over SpA, HP, Def, SpD and a bit of speed, unlike, say, blissey. I know I used her as an example before, but she's so twinked).

500-525 is good for this thing.

It can have plenty of HP and Special Attack, and most people want to give this thing Chlorophyll, which helps.

Forgot to put in the OP about the fact that speed wasn't decided on yet. Personally I'll go with 545 myself. I have an idea for a spread around it.

110/80/90/105/90/70 = 545

I voted 500-525, because I think we should try to keep the stat total lower, honestly. It definitely shouldn't be higher than 545. I also think that 525 is a pretty good number for this Pokemon's base stat total.

we've gone 525 once. just because heracross sits around there, doesn't mean this will be nearly as successful. honestly, we've already nerfed the chance for it to be a good physical attacker right off the bat. please don't crush my dreams anymore.

sidenote: i hope nintendo does make this poke, even more than syclant and revenankh. and i hope they switch the physical and special attack stats. just to fuck with the fuckers who voted special.

bitter. yes. special does nothing for this project. it's going to end up inferior to so many fires and grassers....

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Right i voted 526-545 so it would fit with my spread:

HP: 60
HP does affect subseeding. but thats not why i gave it such a low stat, I dont realy think we need to try to give it exelent defences to go along with its great STABS and good Sp. attack.

Attack: 85
I have given it a somewhat useable attack stat so it could use a supprise CB Flare Blitz/Wood Hammer set or even a mixed set if you pump its attack evs.

Defence: 100
Good enough to take resisted hits well, and the odd nutral STAB attack but it will not be extremely bulky unless you give it a good dose of HP evs.

Sp. Attack: 120
With STAB Overheat, Fire Blast, Solar Beam, Leaf Storm and Grass Knot at its disposal (probably most of them anyway) it does not need heatranesque Sp. attack, infact with 135 base sp. attack and decent defences I could see this thing being overpowered.

Sp. Defence: 105
A bit more Sp. defence than Defence, but it will not be takeing powerfull STAB or SE hits lightly without large EV invetment.

Speed: 65
The hardest nummber to chose... I picked 65 as with a Clorophyll boost it will reach a maximim of 458 without a nature boost, with a nature boost it reaches 502 faster than most Deoxys-S, but without any EVs it will reach 166 (332 with a clorophyll boost) meaning it will not be able to run a set that is bulky, very fast under the sun, and has powerful Sp. attacks at the same time. However without a Clorophyll boost it can only get to 229 or 251 speed, so sunless sets will be have to rely on bulk rarther than defences to play well.
If fast wins I will change the speed.

Total: 535
It has the same BST as Magnezone, Crobat and Tangrowth, it has 1 more point then Typhlosion, Charizard and Inferenape, 5 less then Kingdra.

Overview:
60/85/100/120/105/65 (Speed last)
Total: 535

With this stat spread, Clorophyll/Solar Power as ability choices a decent movepool we could make the Kingdra of Sunny day teams, enough Sp. Attack to dent all but the best Sp. walls and those who resist it, enough attack so that mixed and CB sets are not total gimicks, good defences so can take the odd powerful hit but low enough HP so will not be tanking without some EV investment.

Oh and I put in low HP/High defences so you could have EV spreads like this 252 HP/ 170ish sp. attack/80ish speed. Bulky on both sides with good Sp. attack, and speed if its in sunshine. With high HP you have to split EVs. Also i did not want this thing to be overly bulky.

What do you all think of my Base Stat Spread?

I think this could be our best pokemon yet.

medium speed

we've gone 525 once. just because heracross sits around there, doesn't mean this will be nearly as successful. honestly, we've already nerfed the chance for it to be a good physical attacker right off the bat. please don't crush my dreams anymore.

sidenote: i hope nintendo does make this poke, even more than syclant and revenankh. and i hope they switch the physical and special attack stats. just to fuck with the fuckers who voted special.

bitter. yes. special does nothing for this project. it's going to end up inferior to so many fires and grassers....
Medium Speed

A.
Even though i don't like your whining aspect of your post.You did present a good case for physical attacker fire attacker.With that said elganue second pic is your strongest argument.If that things wins i know i will have to change my whole thinking on poke.

B.I voted 526-545.Hopeful 545 to give physical attacker part better tools because we voted special.

C.Like i said a good art could change people minds and even though i still want chlorophyll stab fire attacking poke that second pic open my mind to other options.Without i doubt i would have vote mixed maybe even physical if i saw that pic before i voted.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Voted 500-525.

Bolding for Medium

530+ is for bitter folks who laud democracy until they don't get their way. There's a reason Nintendo didn't bestow 540+ Base stats to anything more than 6 or 7 pokemon, bar our Base 600's (usually One or two lines per gen), Legends, and Ubers.

I definately think the Pokemon Meta-game needs more anti sandstorm and an automatic sunny day user in OU to counter it better. This would mean a rival to Tyranitar closer to the 600 club. Since it won't be 4 x weak to anything to really say it be "balanced" in weaknesses at 600 (note it will also be weak to the very common stealth rocks) , I voted for the total stats of

/go vote Fast I don't mind Medium, it's just I like the fact that base 90's can outspeed base 100's with a plus nature.

/vote 526-545 I want my Kingdra mirror. Honestly, that's the only reason I'm voting for this (and the fact that it actually kind of needs it this time around).

116 HP / 62 Atk / 94 Def / 98 SAtk / 76 SDef / 84/94 Speed
10 Points gained from speed being 84 will probably go into SAtk or HP.

Ugh... The fact that Atk has to be 30% lower than SAtk makes it look like I am cheating.

There is no 545-580 option.

Agreed. I'd like to see something between 550 and 560.

So for now I voted 526-545 in the hopes that we do go at least 545.

My speed vote is Fast. Once again, I'm only interested in a 90-95 Speed.

Well: I will go with FAST, but the low end of Fast, like 90 or 95.

Here is my shot at a spread:

60/70/100/120/100/90

HP: 60

HP definitely makes affects SubSeeding. The less you have, the more percentage you gain back from your Substitute, and with SR already a problem, we want this guy to be gaining back quite a bit of HP.

Attack: Well I was going 80, but that is a little less than minus 30% from 110, so I dropped it down. Attack is nice maybe for a surprise or two, but most physical sets are going to be gimmicky.

Defense: 100 gives this guy the defense of Celebi and Meganium, as well as being just under Heatran. I would not be averse to taking the extra 10 from Speed and/or losing some SAtk to pump up both defenses by 5 or 10.

Special Attack: We wanted a guy with good Special Attack. This is good. The same as Togekiss and Arceus, and it is just below Magmortar. I did pump the extra Attack points in here after I made sure 70 was low enough for the 30% rule, so taking 10 out of special attack here for defenses is a very real possibility.

Special Defense: This puts him on the same page as Meganium, Venasaur, Bellossom, Ninetales, and Ludicolo. Again, if the SAtk is a bit too high, or Medium wins the speed vote, this could get another 5-10 just like defense.

Speed: I don't think that it should be astronomically fast, so base 90. If Medium wins, i can cut out 10 points and put them into Def/SDef. This gives him the possibility of outspeeding: Ninetales, Charizard, Salamence, Typhlosion, Tentacruel, Houndoom, Arcanine. It puts him on the same page as Roserade, Moltres, Lucario, and Pory-Z.

this should really be in in 10s, a 20 poitn stat difference is huge. Also if we are going to make a 600 base pokemon this should be decided right at the beginning near concept.

medium for the speed

im going somewhere like

83/80/104/116/96/63(speed last) but im holding off till i see which art seems most popular.

I don't want this thing to be overpowered, so I'm going with 500-525. Sseeing as we want decent other stats, I'm going to say medium for the speed.

I'd make a set with 37 Speed since that would land a Max right between Gengar and Infernape speedwise, but you naysayers already voted against Slow.

I know everyone knows, but I just have to advise you all to be cautious. The way this is going, you're going to make a monster. ~120 Special Attack, the immediate defenses to set up on pretty much anything that doesn't hit him SE (only one type of his three weaknesses being anything common, and that's only comparatively), STAB Solarbeam or grass type analogue/Fire Blast under the sun, and now the ability to most likely outspeed everything in the metagame after a single turn?

I urge you all to revise your strategies here. We're throwing together the equivalent of a special Garchomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)