CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 12 (Sprite Poll)

Which sprite you prefer the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Wyverii.

KoA is a great spriter obviously, but I didn't really like this one to be honest. It looks fat, its eyes are a bit odd and its head's in a really weird position. Other than that, it's decent, but not nearly as good as his other sprites or these sprites from Wyverii and, to a lesser extent, TIBM, Flygon493, Atyroki and Omnitarian.

Sorry for being harsh - I'm not saying I can do it better, because I can't - but a sprite that will be used on SB should be as perfect as possible, not just decent. And in my opinion, Wyverii's is the best candidate for that.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't see anything wrong with artist's voting for their own work. In the past, I've voted for my own work if I thought it was the best -- which is most of the time, TBH. But, sometimes I've voted for other artists' work, when I thought they were better. For example, in the design competition for this pokemon, I didn't vote for my Jack-O-Lantern design. I voted for the "lava snake", I think.

The only "sportsmanship" issue I have, is when artists bash or criticize other artists' work during the poll. I've ranted vociferously about this in the past, so I won't do it again here. I think Hazmat gave the best analogy for these art polls -- all artists should imagine that they are in an art gallery standing in front of their art, with all the other artists and artworks nearby. Feel free to comment on your piece, but don't comment on other artwork, unless it is a compliment.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Looks like this poll is all wrapped up, 'gratz Wyverii for a rare victory over everyone's' favorite KoA.

I'm really anxious to see how the future sprite polls pan out, mostly because I won't be here to see them. x)

Damn, KOA makes the best Shinies!

I have to say that if I had the chance to vote, I would have voted for Wyverii's. Those are amazing!

KoA Shoulda Won!

Man, KoA Should of won! That guy who's name I cant type of pronounce's regular sprite is allright, but KoA's Shinies are better. Thats just my opinion though.

Bleh, I wish I'd finished mine. I never managed to get the legs looking how I wanted. The way mine was, I myself would not have voted for it over Wyvreii's. I'll definitely try harder next time, I made plenty of mistakes this time around, but I learned from them

Also, I must once again give props to Atyroki for completely nailing RBY's art style.
I must agree with this. One day, someone will make a hack of pokemon with recolored red and blue sprites, and they will include Pyroak with Atyroki's sprite.

If it had gotten less than 50%, I could see a spillover poll (not repoll, that implies nothing changes and it just resets the numbers). However, it has over 50%, so even if everyone else changed votes to a single other option it would still win.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wyverii,

Congrats on the win! Please separate all the sprites into individual .PNG images and post them here, so I can implement them in Shoddy. I can separate your cut-sheet, but it would be a big help if you would do it for me.

Thanks,
Doug

Grats Wyverii, I have to say, your sprite is beautiful... that's what I get
for completely doing my sprite in paint... not even drawing out a pose, shame
on me D:

Now gogogo, lets finish this up so I can do more arting/spriting

Aw don't feel bad Atyroki, I used MS paint for my sprites and there are plenty other people who do that too.

Now:

All separated out and .png.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)