CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 11 (Name Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sawyerath (soy-er-ath)
Sawyerage (soy-er-age
Sawyerash (soy-er-ash)

Sawyer means woodsman and Sawyerash has a double meaning.

Coniflagur (con-i-flag)

Combination of conifer and conflaguration (lol rhyme) did the "Feraligatr" ending

Herbovolc (herb-o-volc)

Herbovore and volcano

Caldarver (Cald-ar-ver)

Caldara and Cadaver

Canopyro (Can-o-py-ro)

Canopy, pyro and cannon rolled into one. It also sounds like a can of fire :p

Barcinder (Bar-cin-der)

Bark and cinder (this thing learns howl so yet again double entendre)

Murmantle (Mur-mag-ma)

Comes from the Latin Murmillios (meaning heavily-armed gladiator) and mantle (the hot layer of ground between Earth's surface and it's core)

Convern (con-vern)

Convection (heat in a circular motion) and vernal (flowering of a plant in springtime)

I'll stop before they get too complicated.

hmm...

How about Napomtree (Napalm + Palm Tree). Changed spelling to sound more pokemonish (like Aipom and Ambipom).

So it's been like a year since I've logged on and I've been lurking around the CaP porject around when Woodman was started. Might as well contribute something.

Cinerelm = Incinerate + elm. Haven't really heard elm mentioned yet in this topic. It would be Incinerelm but the "in" at the beginning makes it sound wierd to me.

Cannobirch = cannon + birch (or cannabis + birch >.>)

Blaskink Just to make a name with skink in it.

Flamaple Yeah. I don't know if I've seen this in the topic onot, I don't remember all of the names.

I would use Infernoak if Infernape wasn't already there.

Sawyerath (soy-er-ath)
Murmantle (Mur-mag-ma)

Comes from the Latin Murmillios (meaning heavily-armed gladiator) and mantle (the hot layer of ground between Earth's surface and it's core)
But murmillios had like fish armor or something....

Conikomon (Coniferous + Komodo + Cannon)? Sounds kinda like a digimon though. =/

But murmillios had like fish armor or something....

Conikomon (Coniferous + Komodo + Cannon)? Sounds kinda like a digimon though. =/

Anyway

Lumburn (Lumber + Burn)

Reptimber (Reptile + Timber)

No, I mean murmillos, which are derived from the latin word morymilos, meaning fish. Like their helmets, which were shaped kinda like a fish.

click this and everyone you love will die

Woodman has the plume of hair that is like the horsehair discribed. I was going for the direct translation of murmillones which is heavily armed gladiators (wood armor, eye slits...) and besides the armor is beastly looking anyway. Not quite as much as bestiarii though (lol Latin humor)

Floggurn- Flog=To beat with a stick (Is this not essentially what we hope to do to others with this guy?) and burn with an extra "g" because, well, just because.

I wouldn't recommend naming it something with "anus" in it. ( Referring to "Valcanus" )
...am I the only person immature enough to notice this?

Hydrac (Hy-dra-k)

Hydra (mythical creature), hydrogen, hypocaust (Roman heating system), dracaena (Greek plant) and dragon combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)