CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 5 - Ability Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suction Cups
Immunity
Limber
No Competitive Ability

the movepool better be worth being stuck with frankly not really competitive abilitys

Limber
No Competitive Ability
Suction Cups
Immunity

I really don't want to have no competitive ability, but I think that suction cups or immunity would make this pokemon too one-sided. Both of these abilities ease set up greatly, so Sketch would just be used to get a nice boosting move, QD or Coil or w/e.

I know that neither of these abilities eliminate any of the major steel-type counters, like Heatran, but Toxic and phazing are two strategies in general that are used to wear down opposing pokemon if you don't have one pokemon that resists their STAB and can hit them supereffectively. Immunity and Suction Sups ruin one of these two strategies and allow Sketchy to sit on the playing field all day, which would encourage the use of boosting moves too much in my opinion over coverage moves with Sketch.

Limber is a good but not great ability. Paralysis definitely won't be the way to beat this mon even if it does decide to boost speed, and like RD said in the OP, it eliminates the chance of hax when switching in on resisted T-bolts and Thunders.

Immunity
No Competitive Ability

The other ones arent even worth putting after..

Suction cups for one, frankly sucks balls. I understand the reasoning, and it is painfully obvious to me, that the only reason it could be of use is because of damn Skarmory. I absolutely do not want CAP2 to be tailored specifically because of a single thing in the metagame, that is just going down the path of giving it powerful priority to deal with excadrill, or making it the perfect dragonite killer etc..

Limber would be ok, but it's just so mediocre and useless because the only thing you commonly see paralyzing is ferrothorn/haxrachi/drawing a blank. The wonderful thing about CAP2 is that it can choose not to care about speed being cut, because it can run bulky but powerful sets as a tank. Or opt to be powerful and super fast to sweep away things before they can paralyze.

Immunity almost was my choice for second after no ability, but I realized that it is needed partially. If you are running any set besides sweeping and sacrificial, you want to not die to the first fat bitch that wants to sit there and coward out for twenty turns healing (e.g. blissey). Immunity is very useful for a bulky or support set because you can last. Blissey suddenly can only paralyze you, and you dont care because you are bulky. Toxic spikes while the least common hazard, is still a viable entry hazard, and avoiding it is very useful. It allows more than just speedy offensive sets to be used.

No competitive ability is my second choice, because frankly there are mostly terrible/useless abilities chosen right now, and CAP2 has whatever it could dream of with perfect offensive/defensive spread stats and one of ANY move in the game. It really could function without an ability, and opinionated, I think it would be pretty cool to have the first CAP with no competitive ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)