CAP 10 CAP 10 - Part 9 - Name Poll

What should be CAP 10's name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Jumbolt because I think it does the best job of combing easy-to-understand references to both shrimp and electricity. I think Krilowatt will have some issues with mispronunciation (the single "l" may lead some to think its "Krile-o-watt). Prawnto is funny, but doesn't make the electric element obvious enough. As for Ebion...it's difficult to explain. It's a great pun once you look up what "ebi" means, but it sounds too sophisticated, like it's the name of a legendary. Either way, all of these selections were great.

I went with krilowatt because it is co catchy. I said Krilowatt, looked at the sprite, and just knew it was right.

I just love the way Krilowatt flows as a name, and it obviously suits too. I don't like some of the names that are based on the purpose we've designed for it, it's kinda like if Game Freak decided to call Mewtwo "Super Killy Monster Thing".

I'm disappointed to see Shrimpulse didn't make it though, I think that was my favourite.

Voted Krilowatt cuz it's just grown on me. I think we all knew it was meant to be...

And for the record, the fact that ANYONE would like a name as cheesy as "Krillemall" even for a little while makes my day :D

I voted Prawnto because it is just so simple and fitting. (Plus prawn is just such a hilarious word). Also, the art is just sucha cute little prawn.

Analysis on each of the names, just because.

Prawnto - LOL clever. It fits the creature and fits the concept, which is good. The only thing I'm missing is the electric theme. I understand that it isn't necessary, but compared to other names like Krilowatt I find myself missing that element (...LOLpunsorry). 'Prawnto' sounds like something a Water-single type or Water-type with a lesser secondary type might be.

Jumbolt - I can see this name working on a very large electric-type creature, but unfortunately, the irony of the 'jumbo shrimp' phrase just doesn't translate into this name for me. :\

Overkrill - LOL. Punny and clever, yes, but sounds to me more like the name a hugely-powerful sweeper than that of a situational counter.

Krillumine - to me, this is the least smooth / most forced name of the ones listed... the combination of the two words just doesn't quite match up the best for me. That's all I really have to say on it, sorry. D:

Krilowatt - ...it's really hard to say what exactly it is about this one. I guess there's not much to explain. It's simple, it's clever, and it combines electricity with the shrimp as simply as the design does. No complaints or nitpicks, really, it just feels the best. *voted for*

Ebion - I still really like this one, but the feel of it is sort of like that of Jumbolt for me, just to a lesser extent. That is, it sounds like something potentially larger than our shrimpy Poke is. And then there's the pronounciational conundrum--is it Eb-ee-on or Eb-eye-on? I really appreciate the cultural references, but... Just not the best name for me. D:

Scurrint - I like this one because the enunciation feels like it should for a shrimpy utility counter... scurrent in, scurrent out, it's practically onomatepoeia, kahaha. xP I'd change the spelling, though, to Scurrent or Scurrunt. :0 ...actually I can't decide which. That's the biggest problem for me, is it doesn't know how it wants to be spelled. [/lamelogicsry]

I hate to put everyone else down, but I felt like I needed to justify why Krilowatt is the one that everyone is voting for to myself I guess. Congrats to those whose names were not-lame enough to make it to the poll, though. LOL

Prawnto: Great name, mainly because it captures the purpose of the Pokemon on a basic and competitive level. I can look at the art, and say this is a nice name.

Jumbolt: While the implied Jumbo Shrimp might be funny, it doesn't fit this Pokemon.

Overkrill:
Great name, but it's not meant to be the most amazing Pokemon ever. It's meant to do it's job, which isn't overkrilling.

Krillumine:
The idea is great, but I never liked the name. It just doesn't seem to fit what CAP10 looks like. Sounds very similar to Illumise as well.

Krilowatt:
My name. Need I say no more? While it is boring by combining something shrimp and something electric, it displays just how the older Pokemon used to be: simple yet productive.

Ebion:
Cute name, clever use of electricity, and overall very small use of shrimp plus electricity. If pronounced Ebb-ee-On, then it's very clever. If ebb-Eye-on, then it's almost clever.

Scurrint:
I never saw this name until now, and I have to say, quite interesting. Small use of shrimp plus electric in spelling, yet pronunciation is clear and makes sense what the electric reference is. I wouldn't mind this name.

From best to worst (not counting mine for biased reasons):

Prawnto
Ebion
Scurrint
Krillumine
Overkrill
Jumbolt

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Pretty surprised by the lack of posts in this thread, but nonetheless, this poll is closed. The three names that took a large majority of the votes (especially one of them) are Krilowatt, Prawnto and Ebion. These will be making the next poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)