Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, please could you try it in past gens so that we know when it changed. Thanks!
Unfortunately the earliest game that i own are the XY games, but ill see if i can get my hands on games from past generations for testing.

EDIT: Im posting the link again, but the change was made in Sun and Moon, as in the second test Lapras (after using Sheer Cold) did NOT take life orb damage! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lHE1esBTy7ZDlU46XSRAZrtpk10wiPQGa3Um7XZcAt8/edit

Last edited:
2018-01-30.png
good day I just like to report that for some reason the ladder battles for inheritance is glitching , me and my opp already chose mons but it has been over 5 minutes ad the battle hasn't started nor has the timner started and it is even persisting as I type this right now. here is a screenshot of the battle and upon looking at other battles on ladder others are having the same issue.

sorry if image takes up too much space, I have never used hide tags before

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Issue was fixed earlier on main, notice it says "(+14 for tying)" hence its not a "win" even though it says its a win.
good day I just like to report that for some reason the ladder battles for inheritance is glitching , me and my opp already chose mons but it has been over 5 minutes ad the battle hasn't started nor has the timner started and it is even persisting as I type this right now. here is a screenshot of the battle and upon looking at other battles on ladder others are having the same issue.

sorry if image takes up too much space, I have never used hide tags before
Should be OU like all other Mimikyu.
Also fixed.

I was testing a mono stabmons team for a friend, and on turn 8 his Mimikyu used Spectral Thief on my Happy Hour Malamar that had already accrued a lot of stat boosts, but instead of taking the stats like Spectral Thief usually does, it just removed my stats as if I was Hazed.
This will be fixed on the next restart/update.

The teambuilder allows the use of a Cresselia whit Hidden Power Ground and 31/0/31/31/31/0 IVs for VGC18. However any Cresselia usable in VGC18 must have a least 3 perfect IVs, and as such the possible combinations for HP Ground are odd/odd/odd/even/even/odd, even/odd/odd/even/even/odd, odd/even/odd/even/even/odd. None of these allow for zero attack and speed at the same time, actually none of these allow for zero speed at all.

WhirlwindBulbasaur

Banned deucer.
In a random battle, I had a Delphox against a Wishiwashi School. I hovered over Grass Knot to see its BP, which was listed as 20, despite Wishiwashi School being heavy enough for it to take more than 20 BP from a Grass Knot. If I had to take a guess, it's probably using the weight of Wishiwashi Solo (which it is sent out as before Schooling takes effect), but I know nothing on how Showdown is coded/programmed, so I'm not completely sure if this is a bug or not.

Hey first use here, so apologies for format errors.

Pretty much I've come across a bug in Gen 6 UU where the Gen 7 rules are applying. Specifically I'm trying to use baton pass and a sand streamGigalith which both come up as viable options when creating a team, but are banned upon validation.

Thanks.

Hey first use here, so apologies for format errors.

Pretty much I've come across a bug in Gen 6 UU where the Gen 7 rules are applying. Specifically I'm trying to use baton pass and a sand streamGigalith which both come up as viable options when creating a team, but are banned upon validation.

Thanks.
Baton Pass is banned in gen 6 UU http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/uu/

Gigalith didn't get Sand Stream until gen 7, thus it's illegal in gen 6. it's solely a problem of the builder letting you click sand stream.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-697466819

Randbats game in which I got a L77 Plusle. It should be L83 like my opponent's Minun, since both are PU
data/random-teams.js said:
if (hasMove['batonpass'] && counter.setupType && level > 77) level = 77;
In short, what that says to me is that you had Baton Pass and Nasty Plot on the Plusle - in an effort to "balance" randbats some things have custom levels if they have conventionally banned moves or abilities. For example Pokemon with Baton Pass and setup go to 77, Dugtrio, Gothitelle, and Wobbuffet go to 77 as well with their trapping abilities, and Politoed goes to 79.

In short, what that says to me is that you had Baton Pass and Nasty Plot on the Plusle - in an effort to "balance" randbats some things have custom levels if they have conventionally banned moves or abilities. For example Pokemon with Baton Pass and setup go to 77, Dugtrio, Gothitelle, and Wobbuffet go to 77 as well with their trapping abilities, and Politoed goes to 79.
Wasn't aware of that (it's probably happened before and haven't noticed it) - thanks for clarifying.

There appears to be a bug with Copycat. Among the moves listed that it fails if used after is Roar (I discovered this while testing a team in Ultra Sinnoh Classic). Roar should not cause Copycat to fail according to bulbapedia.

There appears to be a bug with Copycat. Among the moves listed that it fails if used after is Roar (I discovered this while testing a team in Ultra Sinnoh Classic). Roar should not cause Copycat to fail according to bulbapedia.
In addition to Bulbapedia not being a reliable source, it also doesn't even have a list of what can't be called for gen 7. There's no "according to bulbapedia" about it.

In addition to Bulbapedia not being a reliable source, it also doesn't even have a list of what can't be called for gen 7. There's no "according to bulbapedia" about it.
Is there an official/more reliable source for this information? I have used Bulbapedia quite reliably in the past, and if there is a shortcoming I would like to know another source to check. Serebii does not provide a list of moves that would cause Copycat to fail.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Is there an official/more reliable source for this information? I have used Bulbapedia quite reliably in the past, and if there is a shortcoming I would like to know another source to check. Serebii does not provide a list of moves that would cause Copycat to fail.
https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/moves/copycat

Far as I can tell, this is accurate.

This was a change discovered in Gen 6 here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-mechanics-research.3489239/page-33#post-4936296

However, I took the time to test it on cart for you as well. Roar was used, Copycat was used next turn, text immediately popped up "But it failed!" without Copycat animation or trying to use Roar.

Battle Video: HUSG-WWWW-WWWG-4VEN

https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/moves/copycat

Far as I can tell, this is accurate.

This was a change discovered in Gen 6 here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-mechanics-research.3489239/page-33#post-4936296

However, I took the time to test it on cart for you as well. Roar was used, Copycat was used next turn, text immediately popped up "But it failed!" without Copycat animation or trying to use Roar.

Battle Video: HUSG-WWWW-WWWG-4VEN

Thank you very much, I have been digging around the internet to find something about how this mechanic works in game and have been unable to find anything. But if it does not work on the cartridge then I am glad I found out now.

Random battles ignores set illegalities. The same goes for unreleased hidden abilities or the like.
thats what 1 mod said but dont you think it would be important to be consistent throughout the game??? greninja is so broken of a mon, if i see its female and expect it to be protean and get blown away by a hydro pump then that could completely ruin the game for me

Hello, for Gen 4 OU, it tells me Snorlax can't have Curse and Pursuit because it doesn't have a legal father (poor b-----d). However, this is false. There are legal fathers for Snorlax to have these moves.

Prior to 6, the mother was incapable of passing down egg moves, so it didn't matter that each egg move had a legal father individually--if you wanted both moves, you had to have one Pokemon pass down both of them at once. Curse could only come from Slowbro/Slowking or Torterra, while Pursuit could only come from Sceptile or Rampardos, so there is indeed no overlap between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)