OU Booster Energy Iron Moth

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
[SET]
name: Booster Energy
move 1: Fiery Dance
move 2: Energy Ball
move 3: Dazzling Gleam
move 4: Psychic
item: Booster Energy
tera type: Fairy
ability: Quark Drive
nature: Timid
evs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

High Special Attack, great Speed, and a variety of coverage moves make Iron Moth a powerful offensive presence and late-game sweeper. With Booster Energy and the listed EV spread, Iron Moth receives a one-time Speed boost to outspeed and threaten normally-faster foes such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Roaring Moon. Furthermore, Fiery Dance can further boost its offense with Special Attack boosts. Energy Ball allows it to take on Water- and Ground-types such as Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Great Tusk. Dazzling Gleam gives Iron Moth an answer to Dragon-types such as Dragapult, Roaring Moon, and Baxcalibur. Finally, Psychic threatens Poison-types such as opposing Iron Moth and Toxapex, as well as Fighting-types such as Iron Valiant. With Tera Fairy, Iron Moth receives a boost to Dazzling Gleam, and it also loses its crippling weaknesses to Ground, Psychic, and Stealth Rock. Tera Fairy also gives Iron Moth a valuable resistance to Sucker Punch, meaning it no longer fears Kingambit revenge killing it mid-sweep. An alternative EV spread of maximum Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature is a viable alternative, since Iron Moth will receive a boost to its Special Attack from Booster Energy.

Iron Moth serves best on various hyper offense teams, where it can sweep efficiently. When pairing Iron Moth with other offensive Pokemon like Iron Valiant, Baxcalibur, and Dragapult, some can punch holes early- and mid-game for others to sweep more easily late-game. Meowscarada, Great Tusk, and mixed offensive Garchomp provide hyper offense teams with entry hazards, which wear foes down into Iron Moth's KO range. Kingambit, Dragonite, and Choice Band Scizor can revenge kill boosted sweepers that Iron Moth can struggle with. Kingambit revenge kills Dragapult and Tera Flying Roaring Moon, Dragonite covers Volcarona and offensive Iron Moth, and Choice Band Scizor covers Iron Valiant and Dragonite. Iron Moth is very vulnerable to hazards, so it appreciates hazard removal from the likes of offensive Great Tusk and Booster Energy Iron Treads.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[CaptainDaimyo, 602431]]
- Quality checked by: [[Milo, 540138], [chimp, 197439], [autumn, 384270]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Add Comment Remove

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
A combination of high Special Attack, decent great Speed tier, and access to a variety of coverage options moves makes Iron Moth a powerful offensive presence and lategame sweeper. With Booster Energy, Iron Moth receives a one time boost to its Speed to outspeed and threaten normally faster such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Roaring Moon. Furthermore, its offensive prowess can further be boosted thanks to Fiery Dance's good 50% chance of increasing its Special Attack. Thanks to its great coverage options, Iron Moth can take on a bigger set of Pokemon that it otherwise cannot. fluff Energy Ball allows it to take on Water- and Ground-types that Fiery Dance is not as strong against, such as non-Scarf You've just mentioned it gets a speed boost Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Great Tusk, and Ting-Lu. Ting-Lu clicks EQ and Moth is gone Dazzling Gleam gives Iron Moth an answer to Dragon-types such as Dragapult, Roaring Moon, and Baxcalibur, as well as Fighting-types like slower Iron Valiant. Finally, Psychic threatens Poison-types such as opposing Iron Moth, as well as Toxapex and Amoonguss. With Tera Fairy, Iron Moth receives a boost to Dazzling Gleam, and it also removes its crippling weakness to Ground- and Psychic-type moves, and Stealth Rock.

Iron Moth serves best on various types of offensive teams where it can sweep efficiently. Iron Moth possesses poor physical bulk, so it appreciates physically defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Great Tusk Ting-Lu, Amoonguss, and Corviknight. Toxapex and Amoonguss can spread status in order for Iron Moth to sweep easier. Ting-Lu Great Tusk can setup hazards to wear down incoming Pokemon for Iron Moth to exploit such as??. Corviknight appreciates Iron Moth being able to check Gholdengo so that it can freely remove hazards with Defog. moving this to the next sentence Iron Moth is susceptible to hazards, so entry hazard removal from the likes of Corviknight and Great Tusk are appreciated by Iron Moth which in turn counters Gholdengo, a Pokemon that blocks entry hazard removal. Pokemon that provide entry hazard support such as Ting-Lu, Greninja, and Garchomp make for good teammates for Iron Moth. already mentioned hazards Lastly, Iron Moth pairs well with other offensive Pokemon like Kingambit, Dragapult, and Scizor. The two of them as they can revenge kill boosted sweepers like opposing Dragapult, Volcarona, Dragonite, and Roaring Moon.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Milo, 540138], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

QC 1/2

qc large.gif

CaptainDaimyo

Add Comment Remove

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
A combination of high Special Attack, decent great Speed tier, and access to a variety of coverage options moves makes Iron Moth a powerful offensive presence and lategame sweeper. With Booster Energy, Iron Moth receives a one time boost to its Speed to outspeed and threaten normally faster such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Roaring Moon. Furthermore, its offensive prowess can further be boosted thanks to Fiery Dance's good 50% chance of increasing its Special Attack. Thanks to its great coverage options, Iron Moth can take on a bigger set of Pokemon that it otherwise cannot. fluff Energy Ball allows it to take on Water- and Ground-types that Fiery Dance is not as strong against, such as non-Scarf You've just mentioned it gets a speed boost Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Great Tusk, and Ting-Lu. Ting-Lu clicks EQ and Moth is gone Dazzling Gleam gives Iron Moth an answer to Dragon-types such as Dragapult, Roaring Moon, and Baxcalibur, as well as Fighting-types like slower Iron Valiant. Finally, Psychic threatens Poison-types such as opposing Iron Moth, as well as Toxapex and Amoonguss. With Tera Fairy, Iron Moth receives a boost to Dazzling Gleam, and it also removes its crippling weakness to Ground- and Psychic-type moves, and Stealth Rock.

Iron Moth serves best on various types of offensive teams where it can sweep efficiently. Iron Moth possesses poor physical bulk, so it appreciates physically defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Great Tusk Ting-Lu, Amoonguss, and Corviknight. Toxapex and Amoonguss can spread status in order for Iron Moth to sweep easier. Ting-Lu Great Tusk can setup hazards to wear down incoming Pokemon for Iron Moth to exploit such as??. Corviknight appreciates Iron Moth being able to check Gholdengo so that it can freely remove hazards with Defog. moving this to the next sentence Iron Moth is susceptible to hazards, so entry hazard removal from the likes of Corviknight and Great Tusk are appreciated by Iron Moth which in turn counters Gholdengo, a Pokemon that blocks entry hazard removal. Pokemon that provide entry hazard support such as Ting-Lu, Greninja, and Garchomp make for good teammates for Iron Moth. already mentioned hazards Lastly, Iron Moth pairs well with other offensive Pokemon like Kingambit, Dragapult, and Scizor. The two of them as they can revenge kill boosted sweepers like opposing Dragapult, Volcarona, Dragonite, and Roaring Moon.

[CREDITS]

QC 1/2

View attachment 493376
Implemented, QC2 ready

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
remove add comment highlight

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
A combination of high Special Attack, great Speed, and access to a variety of coverage moves makes Iron Moth a powerful offensive presence and lategame sweeper. With Booster Energy, Iron Moth receives a one time boost to its Speed to outspeed and threaten normally faster such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Roaring Moon. Furthermore, its offensive prowess can further be boosted thanks to Fiery Dance's 50% chance of increasing its Special Attack. Energy Ball allows it to take on Water- and Ground-types such as Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Great Tusk. Dazzling Gleam gives Iron Moth an answer to Dragon-types such as Dragapult, Roaring Moon, and Baxcalibur, as well as Fighting-types like Iron Valiant. Finally, Psychic threatens Poison-types such as opposing Iron Moth, as well as Toxapex and Amoonguss. With Tera Fairy, Iron Moth receives a boost to Dazzling Gleam, and it also removes its crippling weakness to Ground- and Psychic-type moves, and as well as Stealth Rock. A line explaining the EV spread needs to be added, since its a bit non-standard. What are those Def EVs doing?

Iron Moth serves best on various types of offensive teams where it can sweep efficiently. Iron Moth possesses poor physical bulk, so it appreciates physically defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Great Tusk, Amoonguss, and Corviknight. Toxapex and Amoonguss can spread status in order for Iron Moth to sweep easier. This is a little too vague imo. What statuses? Who are good targets for them? How do they help Iron Moth sweep? Great Tusk can setup hazards to wear down incoming Pokemon for Iron Moth to exploit like Dragapult. I'm not terribly in love with this phrasing. Like before, be a little more specific as to how hazards help Iron Moth.In what way do hazards let Iron Moth 'exploit' Pult more than any other faster threat? If the reasoning is that hazards wear down common counters, I'd make sure to phrase it like that a little more. Furthermore, what other reasons are there to mention Great Tusk as a hazard setter specifically? Iron Moth is susceptible to hazards, so entry hazard removal from the likes of Corviknight and Great Tusk are appreciated by Iron Moth which in turn counters Gholdengo, a Pokemon that blocks entry hazard removal. Iron Moth pairs well with other offensive Pokemon like Kingambit, Dragapult, and Scizor as they can revenge kill boosted sweepers like opposing Dragapult, Volcarona, Dragonite, and Roaring Moon. I think this line is doing a little too much and can be misleading. For example, Scizor's ability to revenge kill Volcarona is dependant on its Tera Type, same with Kingambit and Roaring Moon. Consider re-word it a bit.

[CREDITS]
2/2 when implemented, thanks

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey CaptainDaimyo, apologies for this but after reviewing this analysis again I think so more changes need to be addressed.
Booster Energy Iron Moth is the type of threat that really only works on a single team structure, and that is something that should be mentioned in the second paragraph when discussing teammates. Right now the analysis focuses a bit too much on defensive switch-ins, like Toxapex and Corviknight, and while they can benefit Iron Moth on paper, relastically Iron Moth either wants to be doing one of two things:
1) Breaking holes in the opponent's team so that other sweepers can win later
or
2) Sweeping in the later game after its teammates have broken those holes for it

For example, check out these two SPL matches from last week:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-675603
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-676357
Ignoring the fact they were both losses for Moth, they show off the kind of teams that Iron Moth prefers to fit on; fast, with lots of set-up partners to overwhelm the opponent. Baxcalibur, Valiant, Dragapult are common. These teams also greatly benefit from a lead hazard setter, such as Garchomp or Meowscarada.

I am rescinding my 2/2 check for now until these points get addressed and I apologize for the inconvience, I should have been more explicit with this in my check. Tag me once implemented and I'll give it another look.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think it'd be good to add one sentence about a 252 SpA / 252 Spe (still Timid) spread to get +SpA for Booster Energy, since it's certainly a viable alternative to the +Spe variant of this set.

CaptainDaimyo

Hey CaptainDaimyo, apologies for this but after reviewing this analysis again I think so more changes need to be addressed.
Booster Energy Iron Moth is the type of threat that really only works on a single team structure, and that is something that should be mentioned in the second paragraph when discussing teammates. Right now the analysis focuses a bit too much on defensive switch-ins, like Toxapex and Corviknight, and while they can benefit Iron Moth on paper, relastically Iron Moth either wants to be doing one of two things:
1) Breaking holes in the opponent's team so that other sweepers can win later
or
2) Sweeping in the later game after its teammates have broken those holes for it

For example, check out these two SPL matches from last week:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-675603
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-676357
Ignoring the fact they were both losses for Moth, they show off the kind of teams that Iron Moth prefers to fit on; fast, with lots of set-up partners to overwhelm the opponent. Baxcalibur, Valiant, Dragapult are common. These teams also greatly benefit from a lead hazard setter, such as Garchomp or Meowscarada.

I am rescinding my 2/2 check for now until these points get addressed and I apologize for the inconvience, I should have been more explicit with this in my check. Tag me once implemented and I'll give it another look.
Implemented chimp

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
chimp asked me to look over this, tag me when it's implemented and i'll look again and we can move to gp. the main issue with this team options rn is that moth ONLY fits on dedicated ho teams. even bulky offense wiould struggle to really utilise it as a cleaner because the breakers are less effective
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
A combination of high Special Attack, great Speed, and access to a variety of coverage moves makes Iron Moth a powerful offensive presence and lategame sweeper. With Booster Energy, Iron Moth receives a one time boost to its Speed to outspeed and threaten normally faster such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Roaring Moon. Furthermore, its offensive prowess can further be boosted thanks to Fiery Dance's 50% chance of increasing its Special Attack. Energy Ball allows it to take on Water- and Ground-types such as Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Great Tusk. Dazzling Gleam gives Iron Moth an answer to Dragon-types such as Dragapult, Roaring Moon, and Baxcalibur, as well as Fighting-types like Iron Valiant. (unless you're terad then psychic is better because more bp) Finally, Psychic threatens Poison-types such as opposing Iron Moth, as well as Toxapex and Amoonguss. With Tera Fairy, Iron Moth receives a boost to Dazzling Gleam, and it also removes its crippling weakness to Ground- and Psychic-type moves as well as Stealth Rock. (it also removes your sucker weakness so you don't lose to gambit lategame) An alternative EV spread of max Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature is a viable alternative, since Iron Moth will receive a boost to its Special Attack from Booster Energy. Although Iron Moth no longer gets a boost to its Speed, it significantly buffs its already powerful offensive prowess.

Iron Moth serves best on various types of offensive teams where it can sweep efficiently. (it only really fits on hyper offense which is what we really want to get across. you wouldn't use this set on any other team structure because it's a very offensive cleaner. team structures that this fits on are usually lead spikes + maybe rocks + strong breakers like bax, gambit, valiant, etc) Iron Moth possesses poor physical bulk, so it appreciates physically defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Great Tusk, Amoonguss, and Corviknight. (no it doesn't - these mons wouldn't work on hyoer offense at all because they're huge momentum sinks) Toxapex and Amoonguss can spread poison in order to wear down opposing Pokemon like Great Tusk and Rotom-W so that Iron Moth can pick them off easier to sweep. (remove) Great Tusk can setup hazards to wear down incoming Pokemon into OHKO range from one of Iron Moth's attacks like Garchomp. (tusk is workable on ho only if it's an offensive set so feel free to keep and clarify, but merge the hazards point with where you mention other setters like meow/chomp) Iron Moth is susceptible to hazards, so entry hazard removal from the likes of Corviknight and Great Tusk are appreciated by Iron Moth which in turn counters Gholdengo, a Pokemon that blocks entry hazard removal. (no corv, spin tusk is fine ig. mention booster iron treads too which has seen some use on ho) Meowscarada and Garchomp (specify mixed offensive chomp if you want, that set's been good on ho and beats common removers) are good teammates for Iron Moth, since they can setup hazards in the early game to wear down incoming foes into KO range from one of Iron Moth's STAB moves or coverage moves. Iron Moth pairs well with Kingambit, Dragonite, and Choice Band Scizor as they can revenge kill boosted sweepers that Iron Moth can struggle with. Kingambit can revenge kill Dragapult and Tera Flying Roaring Moon, Dragonite can revenge kill Volcarona and offensive Iron Moth, and Choice Band Scizor can revenge kill Iron Valiant and Dragonite. Lastly, Iron Moth pairs well with other offensive Pokemon like Iron Valiant, Baxcalibur, and Dragapult, since Iron Moth can punch holes in the early to midgame in order for them to sweep easier in the lategame. In return, if Iron Moth wants to sweep lategame, the three of them can punch holes early to midgame to facilitate an Iron Moth sweep. (this point should be the main part of the paragraph. this is the structure iron moth works on. move this point wayyy up and elaborate a lot more)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Milo, 540138], [username2, id2]]

CaptainDaimyo

chimp asked me to look over this, tag me when it's implemented and i'll look again and we can move to gp. the main issue with this team options rn is that moth ONLY fits on dedicated ho teams. even bulky offense wiould struggle to really utilise it as a cleaner because the breakers are less effective
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
A combination of high Special Attack, great Speed, and access to a variety of coverage moves makes Iron Moth a powerful offensive presence and lategame sweeper. With Booster Energy, Iron Moth receives a one time boost to its Speed to outspeed and threaten normally faster such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Roaring Moon. Furthermore, its offensive prowess can further be boosted thanks to Fiery Dance's 50% chance of increasing its Special Attack. Energy Ball allows it to take on Water- and Ground-types such as Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Great Tusk. Dazzling Gleam gives Iron Moth an answer to Dragon-types such as Dragapult, Roaring Moon, and Baxcalibur, as well as Fighting-types like Iron Valiant. (unless you're terad then psychic is better because more bp) Finally, Psychic threatens Poison-types such as opposing Iron Moth, as well as Toxapex and Amoonguss. With Tera Fairy, Iron Moth receives a boost to Dazzling Gleam, and it also removes its crippling weakness to Ground- and Psychic-type moves as well as Stealth Rock. (it also removes your sucker weakness so you don't lose to gambit lategame) An alternative EV spread of max Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature is a viable alternative, since Iron Moth will receive a boost to its Special Attack from Booster Energy. Although Iron Moth no longer gets a boost to its Speed, it significantly buffs its already powerful offensive prowess.

Iron Moth serves best on various types of offensive teams where it can sweep efficiently. (it only really fits on hyper offense which is what we really want to get across. you wouldn't use this set on any other team structure because it's a very offensive cleaner. team structures that this fits on are usually lead spikes + maybe rocks + strong breakers like bax, gambit, valiant, etc) Iron Moth possesses poor physical bulk, so it appreciates physically defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Great Tusk, Amoonguss, and Corviknight. (no it doesn't - these mons wouldn't work on hyoer offense at all because they're huge momentum sinks) Toxapex and Amoonguss can spread poison in order to wear down opposing Pokemon like Great Tusk and Rotom-W so that Iron Moth can pick them off easier to sweep. (remove) Great Tusk can setup hazards to wear down incoming Pokemon into OHKO range from one of Iron Moth's attacks like Garchomp. (tusk is workable on ho only if it's an offensive set so feel free to keep and clarify, but merge the hazards point with where you mention other setters like meow/chomp) Iron Moth is susceptible to hazards, so entry hazard removal from the likes of Corviknight and Great Tusk are appreciated by Iron Moth which in turn counters Gholdengo, a Pokemon that blocks entry hazard removal. (no corv, spin tusk is fine ig. mention booster iron treads too which has seen some use on ho) Meowscarada and Garchomp (specify mixed offensive chomp if you want, that set's been good on ho and beats common removers) are good teammates for Iron Moth, since they can setup hazards in the early game to wear down incoming foes into KO range from one of Iron Moth's STAB moves or coverage moves. Iron Moth pairs well with Kingambit, Dragonite, and Choice Band Scizor as they can revenge kill boosted sweepers that Iron Moth can struggle with. Kingambit can revenge kill Dragapult and Tera Flying Roaring Moon, Dragonite can revenge kill Volcarona and offensive Iron Moth, and Choice Band Scizor can revenge kill Iron Valiant and Dragonite. Lastly, Iron Moth pairs well with other offensive Pokemon like Iron Valiant, Baxcalibur, and Dragapult, since Iron Moth can punch holes in the early to midgame in order for them to sweep easier in the lategame. In return, if Iron Moth wants to sweep lategame, the three of them can punch holes early to midgame to facilitate an Iron Moth sweep. (this point should be the main part of the paragraph. this is the structure iron moth works on. move this point wayyy up and elaborate a lot more)

[CREDITS]
Implemented autumn

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
3/2 feel free send this to gp now
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
A combination of high Special Attack, great Speed, and access to a variety of coverage moves makes Iron Moth a powerful offensive presence and lategame sweeper. With Booster Energy, Iron Moth receives a one time boost to its Speed to outspeed and threaten normally faster such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Roaring Moon. Furthermore, its offensive prowess can further be boosted thanks to Fiery Dance's 50% chance of increasing its Special Attack. Energy Ball allows it to take on Water- and Ground-types such as Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Great Tusk. Dazzling Gleam gives Iron Moth an answer to Dragon-types such as Dragapult, Roaring Moon, and Baxcalibur. Finally, Psychic threatens Poison-types such as opposing Iron Moth, Toxapex, and Amoonguss, as well as Fighting-types such as Iron Valiant. With Tera Fairy, Iron Moth receives a boost to Dazzling Gleam, and it also removes its crippling weakness to Ground- and Psychic-type moves as well as Stealth Rock. Tera Fairy also gives Iron Moth a valuable resistance to Sucker Punch, meaning it no longer fears getting revenge killed during a sweep by opposing Kingambit. An alternative EV spread of max Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature is a viable alternative, since Iron Moth will receive a boost to its Special Attack from Booster Energy. Although Iron Moth no longer gets a boost to its Speed, it significantly buffs its already powerful offensive prowess.

Iron Moth serves best on various types of hyper offense teams where it can sweep efficiently. Thus, Iron Moth appreciates teammates with a lot of offensive prowess that can facilitate its lategame sweeping abilities. (this is where you put the offensive teammate examples from the last sentence so they're the most important part of the paragraph and now just "lastly run this" at the end) Iron Moth dislikes switching into hazards, so it appreciates hazard removal from the likes of offensive Great Tusk and Booster Energy Iron Treads. (put this last imo, rocks are annoying but now the worst thing in the world if you're only coming in once. point is still good/useful but less useful than hazard setters) Meowscarada, Great Tusk, and mixed offensive Garchomp are good teammates for Iron Moth, since they can setup hazards in the early game to wear down incoming foes into KO range from one of Iron Moth's STAB moves or coverage moves. Iron Moth pairs well with Kingambit, Dragonite, and Choice Band Scizor as they can revenge kill boosted sweepers that Iron Moth can struggle with. Kingambit can revenge kill Dragapult and Tera Flying Roaring Moon, Dragonite can revenge kill Volcarona and offensive Iron Moth, and Choice Band Scizor can revenge kill Iron Valiant and Dragonite. Lastly, Iron Moth pairs well with other offensive Pokemon like Iron Valiant, Baxcalibur, and Dragapult, since Iron Moth can punch holes in the early to midgame in order for them to sweep easier in the lategame. (moved this up)

[CREDITS]

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
A combination of high High Special Attack, great Speed, and access to a variety of coverage moves makes make Iron Moth a powerful offensive presence and lategame late-game sweeper. With Booster Energy and the listed EV spread, Iron Moth receives a one time boost to its Speed one-time Speed boost to outspeed and threaten normally faster normally-faster foes such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Roaring Moon. Furthermore, its offensive prowess can further be boosted thanks to Fiery Dance's 50% chance of increasing its Special Attack. Fiery Dance can further boost its offense with Special Attack boosts. Energy Ball allows it to take on Water- and Ground-types such as Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Great Tusk. Dazzling Gleam gives Iron Moth an answer to Dragon-types such as Dragapult, Roaring Moon, and Baxcalibur. Finally, Psychic threatens Poison-types such as opposing Iron Moth, Toxapex, and Amoonguss, Iron Moth and Toxapex, (i imagine Fiery Dance is the play vs amongus bc it's also SE and you can get SPA boost? if i'm missing something, maybe clarify in the analysis) as well as Fighting-types such as Iron Valiant. With Tera Fairy, Iron Moth receives a boost to Dazzling Gleam, and it also removes its crippling weakness to Ground- and Psychic-type moves as well as loses its crippling weaknesses to Ground, Psychic, and Stealth Rock. Tera Fairy also gives Iron Moth a valuable resistance to Sucker Punch, meaning it no longer fears getting revenge killed during a sweep by opposing Kingambit. Kingambit revenge killing it mid-sweep. An alternative EV spread of maximum Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature is a viable alternative, since Iron Moth will receive a boost to its Special Attack from Booster Energy. Although Iron Moth no longer gets a boost to its Speed, it significantly buffs its already powerful offensive prowess.

Iron Moth serves best on various types of hyper offense teams, (AC) where it can sweep efficiently. Thus, Iron Moth appreciates teammates with a lot of offensive prowess that can facilitate its lategame sweeping abilities. Iron Moth pairs well with other When pairing Iron Moth with other offensive Pokemon like Iron Valiant, Baxcalibur, and Dragapult, since Iron Moth can punch holes in the early to midgame in order for them to sweep easier in the lategame. some can punch holes early- and mid-game for others to sweep more easily late-game. (I imagine this makes sense?) Meowscarada, Great Tusk, and mixed offensive Garchomp are good teammates for Iron Moth, since they can setup hazards in the early game to wear down incoming foes into KO range from one of Iron Moth's STAB moves or coverage moves. Iron Moth pairs well with provide hyper offense teams with entry hazards, which wear foes down into Iron Moth's KO range. (I imagine this makes sense?) Kingambit, Dragonite, and Choice Band Scizor as they can revenge kill boosted sweepers that Iron Moth can struggle with. Kingambit can revenge kill revenge kills Dragapult and Tera Flying Roaring Moon, Dragonite can revenge kill covers Volcarona and offensive Iron Moth, and Choice Band Scizor can revenge kill covers Iron Valiant and Dragonite. Iron Moth dislikes switching into hazards, is very vulnerable to hazards, so it appreciates hazard removal from the likes of offensive Great Tusk and Booster Energy Iron Treads.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Milo, 540138], [chimp, 197439], [autumn, 384270]] (slightly fixed brackets)
Adeleine-1.gif
1/1, just be mindful of wordiness
GP Team done

CaptainDaimyo

Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
High Special Attack, great Speed, and a variety of coverage moves make Iron Moth a powerful offensive presence and late-game sweeper. With Booster Energy and the listed EV spread, Iron Moth receives a one-time Speed boost to outspeed and threaten normally-faster foes such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Roaring Moon. Furthermore, Fiery Dance can further boost its offense with Special Attack boosts. Energy Ball allows it to take on Water- and Ground-types such as Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Great Tusk. Dazzling Gleam gives Iron Moth an answer to Dragon-types such as Dragapult, Roaring Moon, and Baxcalibur. Finally, Psychic threatens Poison-types such as opposing Iron Moth and Toxapex, as well as Fighting-types such as Iron Valiant. With Tera Fairy, Iron Moth receives a boost to Dazzling Gleam, and it also loses its crippling weaknesses to Ground, Psychic, and Stealth Rock. Tera Fairy also gives Iron Moth a valuable resistance to Sucker Punch, meaning it no longer fears Kingambit revenge killing it mid-sweep. An alternative EV spread of maximum Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature is a viable alternative, since Iron Moth will receive a boost to its Special Attack from Booster Energy.

Iron Moth serves best on various hyper offense teams, where it can sweep efficiently. When pairing Iron Moth with other offensive Pokemon like Iron Valiant, Baxcalibur, and Dragapult, some can punch holes early- and mid-game for others to sweep more easily late-game. Meowscarada, Great Tusk, and mixed offensive Garchomp provide hyper offense teams with entry hazards, which wear foes down into Iron Moth's KO range. Kingambit, Dragonite, and Choice Band Scizor can revenge kill boosted sweepers that Iron Moth can struggle with. Kingambit revenge kills Dragapult and Tera Flying Roaring Moon, Dragonite covers Volcarona and offensive Iron Moth, and Choice Band Scizor covers Iron Valiant and Dragonite. Iron Moth is very vulnerable to hazards, so it appreciates hazard removal from the likes of offensive Great Tusk and Booster Energy Iron Treads.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Milo, 540138], [chimp, 197439], [autumn, 384270]]
View attachment 4957521/1, just be mindful of wordiness
GP Team done
Ty all! This is done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)