Blockin' Blissey?

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
While heavy offense may be a threat to Block Blissey it should not be forgotten that Blissey has charm. This allows Blissey to effectively wall nearly all of it's counters and create a situation where you could not only halt your oppponent's momentum but also swing the momentum back to yourself by trapping the opponents weakened pokemon and bringing in your own set up sweeper. The more I consider the idea of a Block Blissey the better it becomes. I almost want to replace my current team with one that could utilize Block Blissey.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
It's not so much block making charm better but charm making block better. I think that charm and Block pose an interesting way to wall on both sides of the spectrum. The idea that Blissey can wall both sides of the spectrum with and trap an opponent seems like a really potent combination. Blissey could switch in and take Specs Latias' draco meteor and predict a physical switch in with charm. Blissey could then use Block to keep the opponent from switching out the pokemon with -2 attack or to force the opponent to reveal another pokemon on their team. Block Blissey could concievably cause at least two switches and the opponent to reveal three of their pokemon. This extended forced switching would definitley cause momentum to be lost by the opponent and information to be gained by the Blissey user. Instead of being on a dedicated stall team Blissey is now being used as a scout and as an all purpose counter. Block Blissey with charm could be brought in early to scout the opponent and then use it's massive bulk and charm to contimually wear down the opponent through switching. Block Blissey would also be very useful with an offensive entry hazard team. Block Blissey would probably have the most success on a semi-stall team. It could function on about the same plane as Philip7086' torment tran. By trapping an apposing pokemon with no attack and toxic poison wearing it away Block Blissey could pose an annoying and powerful threat to most modern teams.

On this note, I propose the following build:
Blissey - Natural Cure
Bold - 248 hp / 252 def / 8 sp. def
Block
Charm
Seismic Toss/Toxic
Softboiled

With it running Seismic Toss if it has toxic spikes support, and possibly running it that way regardless, as to not be taunt fodder.

If I'm getting this, the mode of use would be to Charm the switch-in and get Blissey out of there as fast as possible if it is anything with a STAB Fighting attack.
Physical attackers than cannot hit Blissey with STAB SE attacks can be blocked or at least forced to switch out to another Pokemon which might be even less equipped to deal with her.

One potential issue is that Gengar/Missy might have its way with this Blissey whether it carries Seismic Toss or Toxic since Gengar is immune to everything and both can tuck themselves behind unbreakable subs.
It's not 100% clear to me how Gengar would capitalize unless it had Pain Split but Missy would gladly take the opportunity to set up with CM or NP.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Guys, just to let you know, but Charm is illegal with Seismic Toss. Charm is a 4th gen Happiny move while Seismic Toss is a 3rd gen tutor move.

I personally think that all of Blissey's other moves on the slot where Block and Charm are do a lot of better things. You do have TWave, Toxic, Protect, Flamethrower and Ice Beam that deals with both physical and special threats so I don't see the point in running Block and Charm other than being a novel gimmick.

wow if blissey can find time to block first then charm the incoming physical sweeper this set could be devastating- maybe a reflect user that attract special sweepers?

just add a machamp and lucario counter (infernape will lose unless physical to charm + reflect)

maybe a toxic spike use we can use seimic toss for the last slot
a team built around block blissey may be just around the corner from destroying our metagame lol.

Edit: forget about metagross ability clear body so add one rotom-a and we have a winning strategy or a horrible gimick

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
a team built around block blissey may be just around the corner from destroying our metagame lol.

Edit: forget about metagross ability clear body so add one rotom-a and we have a winning strategy or a horrible gimick
My thoughts exactly. If I were a better battler I would consider building a team around this thing. But like you said metagross really messes with this set. Another problem is the inability to use charm and softboiled together on the same set. If that is the case then Blissey could use something like wish/protect to stall out an opponent's HP with t-spikes in play.

i decided to test out the team- its going better than i expected but sadly blissey is not needed at all for this team (and this team was built for the set) anyway maybe i'm not as great a team builter as i thought but this blissey isn't worth the team slot i may post later for team advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)