Bio Chemical Desert

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Bio Chemical Desert

Introduction:
Hello everyone ! I'm BROStime some of you might know me from before of some might not, anyway i'm here to talk about the rmt i'm going to post. So ive used this team for the last 2 months and it is by far the best team ive made so far, it doesn't have any great ladder peaks as I don't like laddering, because I literally hate beeing haxed and then have to make a new alt, and everything just becomes a mess all around. Anyway this team has been serving me well and it is a very easy team to play. So basically you guys saw my description and yes it is a sand team (omg so boooring, to much sand everywhere) anyway this is not the standard sand offense teams running around, this is basically a bulky offense team made to handle every threath in this meta which it does when played right. This team is made to tank hits and wear the opposing team down, while also having a good matchup against every team out there which obviously makes my plan easier. So this team utilizes some pokemon which is not often used in OU, but are amazing in OU basically amazing on sand teams, and amazing at walling the most dangeous threaths in the tier like Terrakion, Politoed, Keldeo, Landorus, Thundurus-T, Breloom etc. So enough blabbering lets get to the team.​

At a glance​

In Details​

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf | Sand Stream | Jolly
EVs : 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe (+Spe, -SAtk)
Crunch | Ice Beam | Superpower | Stone Edge
Tyranitar is my weather inducer and revenge killer, i'm going to tell you what Tyranitar basically does for me and why it carry a scarf. Well ScarfTar is a really good pokemon on bulky teams as the team need the speed over power as this team is basically made to take hits, the spread is basic max Atk and max Spd to hit as hard and fast as possible. The moveset is slightly basic except Ice Beam, well the reason I have Ice Beam for is that Gliscor and Landorus-T just love to switch into this guy and I don't want that as if I don't have Ice Beam I have to double switch to Heatran everytime which I do not prefere. Crunch is for mandatory Dark-STAB and while switching in on Celebi and the Lati twins they tend to just stay in or Baton Pass out due to Pursuit beeing so predictable leaving me to hit with a fast Crunch, Supepower for coverage against Steel/Rock types and Keldeo's, Stone Edge for STAB and it hits like a freaking truck even with Scarf. The reason why I run Jolly is that Tyranitar really needs is defenses, and the SAtk is still good enough to hit my main targets with Ice Beam hard due to the x4 weakness.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge | Regenerator | Calm
EVs : 252 HP | 28 SAtk | 228 SpD (+SpD, -Atk)
Spore | Giga Drain | Sludge Bomb | Stun Spore

Amoonguss the amazing special wall, man this has to be the best Keldeo counter ever, well anyway lets move on to what this mushroom does for my team. Well basically this guy walls the shit out off rain teams (fuck you Tornadus) and Spore's shit to oblivion, the feeling when I just get a free Spore to then just Stun Spore another mon, so good. The spread is the basic spread Amoonguss would run in OU the 252 HP and 228 to maximize it's bulk, 28 SAtk EV's is for breaking +2 Keldeo's sub with Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb for hitting common switch ins like Celebi, Giga Drain for what i said above and also hitting other waters/ground types super effectively, not much more to say here.

Heatran @ Air Balloon | Flash Fire | Timid
EVs : 4 Def | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd | (+Spd, -Atk)
Fire Blast | Earth Power | Hidden Power [Ice] | Stealth Rock

Heatran is my main Steel killer meaning it's my main check to Ferrothorn, Scizor and Jirachi which otherwise would be a pain in my ass, Heatran also have Stealth Rock and is damn good to set them up. With Heatran's amazing typing makes it an amazing check against Sun when played right it also beats Dragons like Garchomp with it's Air Balloon intact. The spread is basic as you see, max SAtk and Spd to hit as hard and fast as possible, Fire Blast to nail them Steel and Grass types, Earth Power to beat other Heatran while also having nice coverage, HP Ice is very nice to have for hitting mainly Landorus-T, Garchomp and Dragonite, and that is basically what Heatean does for my team.​

Scizor @ Iron Plate | Technician | Adamant
EVs : 200 HP | 252 Atk | 56 Spd (+Atk, -SAtk)
Bullet Punch | U-Turn | Swords Dance | Roost

Scizor my main Dragon check and second Steel type, what Scizor does for my team is creating momentum, walling stuff with it's great typing and kill stuff with priority. This set is a really cool set for Scizor it fits my team well due to the nice bulk while also maintaining great power and longivity with Swords Dance and Roost, the spread is made to tank hits very well while also hitting as hard as possible, 80 Spd EVs to outspeed standard CB Tyranitar. The moveset is standard as far as Scizor goes with Bullet Punch for priority and U-Turn for momentum and to choice bluff.

Slowbro @ Leftovers | Regenerator | Bold
EVs : 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SAtk | (+Def, -Atk)
Scald | Psyshock | Calm Mind | Slack Off

Slowbro the second pokemon in my Regenerator core and also gives my team the famous fire/water/grass core which is nice, Slowbro has a main job and that is to wall strong physical threaths mainly Terrakion, Lando-T, Garchomp, Mamoswine yeah you name it. Slowbro has insane physical bulk and paired with Regenerator it can just wall stuff to hell and back, this set is a CM set as Slowbro can easely setup when it counters is gone Breloom, Celebi and Tyranitar to name a few. The spread is as standard as you get it max hp and max def to be as bulky as possible, the moveset is to beat specially defensive pokemon easier with Psyshock and Scald helps me wear down stuff while also burn dangerous threaths. Calm Mind and Slack Off rounds off the set and works incredibly well in sand.

Latias @ Life Orb | Levitate | Timid
EVs : 112 HP | 144 SAtk | 252 Spd (+Spd, Atk)
Draco Meteor | Psyshock | Hidden Power [Fire] | Recover

Latias is my second sun and rain check and does it's job very well, what it does is hitting hard with Draco Meteors, and just walls stuff. It's really nice to have in ase I play Heatran stupidly tho Volcarona will rape me anyway. The set is standard maby apart from the spread which is made to handle Venusaur in the sun easier, it still beats Keldeo and Scizor with Psyshock and HP Fire and has Recover for yeah lol Recovering off LO damage and residual damage, that is basicall everything it does.

Conclusion​

So that was my team, I won't make any threath list as i'm just lazy sorry! Anyway hope you enjoyed if you did leave a luvdisc or a comment or something, so yeah just gonna say that I spent 4 days making this rmt lol anyway bye !!​

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Aight, I really like this team to be honest and it may come from the fact that I got one really similar (lololololol). And fuck, I love Slowguss core.

I'm not gonna do my fully developed rate pattern, because there are only few weaknesses that you can patch without changing the whole team (I mean, every team got weaknesses that you can't really fix at some point, like inherent weaknesses).
I guess you need to be careful about your lack of Rock resistance, thus something like CB Terrakion could really break through your defensive core altough you got good checks, you lack a real switch in (but yes, it sucks to have to switch in Terrak CB). I would say that teams stacking hazards will pressure you a lot and probably give a hard time for your team but that's hard to fix I guess. And once you lose a single pokemon, you all of a sudden get really opened to some really threatening pokemons.

Some nitpicks however :

- I see you're using Jolly Ttar + Ice Beam, why not just taking Ice Punch ? x)
Stone Edge got a really redundant coverage by the way with Ice, you really need Pursuit by the way. The only thing you will miss is the ability to "force out Gyara" but let's be honest, he won't come on a choice locked SE, and at +1 he will outspeed you.

- Put 244 Spe on Latias, since you got HP Fire, having 252 is kinda a waste (only to hit 109, unless you feel like Durant is a threat, you don't need to hit this tier).

So yea, I don't have much to say, play carefully when you meet stuff like RP Lando+Pursuit, Volc+Heatran fucker and stuff like that. Stalls and stack hazards teams will be massiv bitches, but I like how Slowbro is "supposed to beat" Stall teams, I guess it can work (but he lacks a way to get past status tbh, make sure you don't get him poisoned, getting him burned would be good here). On another note, there is no playstyle that you really reliably beat, which is the issue with teams like this, but you can't have everything I guess !

That's all, I really liked the team and I find it really well built.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate Remedy !

Well the reason why I run Ice Beam over Ice Punch is because I lol forgot that Tyranitar had it (My bad haha). And yeah Landorus and Volc+Heatran fucker sucks, but it is handable with some smart play, when it comes to Pursuit ive never really had use for it as I had it over Ice Beam before I noticed that LandoT fucked me up so bad and everyone just stays in with their Latis to get some damage on Tyranitar because the are predicting Pursuit same with Jellicent and Celebi it's ridicoulus easy kills, but ill try Pursuit out again. Also thanks for the Latias spread ! :D When it comes to stall teams I really just have to play Scizor and Slowbro well as they can break stall apart from that yeah stall is a hard matchup.

As you know brostime ive used this team extensively (iirc you even made it for me lol). Really an incredibly solid team, but I just had a couple of tweaks.

I generally found HP Fire to be a tad more effective on Amoonguss than Sludge Bomb. Now I know that Sludge Bomb is basically double as strong against Celebi, but most of them are specially defensive variants and simply dont take too much, as they dont give a damn about your status and beat you one on one with psychic and recover. hidden power fire is really cool for nailing ferrothorn (who amoonguss outspeeds lol) and generally means that it and forretress cannot freely set up on you, as spikes eventually becomes annoying to this team without a spinner, and leaves you to free your Spore up for a more threatening offensive threat. it also gives another: "fuck you" to venusaur in the sun, as it literally cannot trouble your team at all between latias, amoonguss, bullet punch and scarftar.

i also toyed around with thunder wave over calm mind on slowbro and had mixed results. for one the team is /kinda/ slow but that issue is also manageable considering stun spore ona moonguss and bullet punch on scizor. it came in handy ina few of my matches though, but makes you lose a sweeper. just a little thought.

also ice beam is still incredibly useful for tyranitar simply because it gets the KOs it needs, and can immediately snipe down lead landorus-t and glisocr that like to lead against it.

also this team is the reason i got to semifinals in home field advantage, not gonna lie. really fantastic.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate Cherub! Yeah this team was basically made for you and i'm really happy you got so far in the tour. Also your suggestion with HP Fire -> Sludge Bomb on Amoonguss is a very good suggestion and I will slap it over Sludge Bomb. When it comes to Slowbro theres a reason for having Stun Spore on Amoonguss as you said yourself, it is to get a free slot for Slowbro which I wanted for CM to beat stall easier anyway glad you liked the team and again thanks for the rate :]

im a noob, but I think an old scool Mixape can really be an offensive threat to your team

especially if it has

Closecombat, U-turn, Hp Fire/Ice and GrassKnot

PapaBigBelly said:
Hp Fire/Ice
lol Infernape is a FIRE type. That means it gets FIRE moves.

Anyway, this is a pretty cool team! Sorry I'm not rating it's just that the rates above help much more than I probably could.

I like the team, its very good. Just a few nitpicks:
1. Hasty > jolly on ttar. Jolly lowers sp attack making ice beam weaker. Hasty nature because most physical attackers (breloom, terrakion, scizor) are just going to eat ttar alive, with priority in the case of breloom and scizor.
2. Amoonbro core is very good especially with heatran.
3. Scizor is good, especially at countering terrakion.

Overall this team is good, but you need to watch out for dedicated voltturn teams which would cause trouble. Scizor/rotom-w/celebi form a very powerful core that can take out your team with relaive ease. Superpower from scizor hits heatran, bp hits ttar and u turn will hit amoongus and slowbro hard. Volt turn will hit slowbro and hydro pump will smack heatran around. I had a team like this and you can play around voltturn, but take my word when I say hazards help wear the opponent down.

Good job overall!

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
I like the team, its very good. Just a few nitpicks:
1. Hasty > jolly on ttar. Jolly lowers sp attack making ice beam weaker. Hasty nature because most physical attackers (breloom, terrakion, scizor) are just going to eat ttar alive, with priority in the case of breloom and scizor.
2. Amoonbro core is very good especially with heatran.
3. Scizor is good, especially at countering terrakion.

Overall this team is good, but you need to watch out for dedicated voltturn teams which would cause trouble. Scizor/rotom-w/celebi form a very powerful core that can take out your team with relaive ease. Superpower from scizor hits heatran, bp hits ttar and u turn will hit amoongus and slowbro hard. Volt turn will hit slowbro and hydro pump will smack heatran around. I had a team like this and you can play around voltturn, but take my word when I say hazards help wear the opponent down.

Good job overall!
Thanks for the rate! Uhm when it comes to Jolly/Hasty nature I really wonder if you actually read the whole rmt and not just the sets, as ive told why i'm running jolly ?.. Also the core you are talking about is easely counterable as this team is made to take hits no matter what and predictions is gold. Anyway thanks for the rate.

thenewguy24 said:
Nice team seems very standard and im pretty sure hundreds of users use this exact team with slight variations to maybe one poke. I've seen this team many times it synergizes well and can wear people down slowly. My only recommendation was to use bluffzor , but I see you already use bluffzor with the iron plate so props there...other then that standard shit not much to say
Uhh idk what you are talking about ? This is not a standard team idk where you got "hundreds" of users using this team with 1 pokemon in differense get you're facts straight. Also plz don't comment if the only thing you are going to say is standard shit, you' really didn't help at all other than actually irritate me ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)