Battle Tree Discussion and Records

so i just got all the way up to battle 48 with the following team only to loose to a lead Audino with Z-Fire Blast (Inferno Overdrive)
UMMMM LIKE WHAAAAA!!!

Gyarados: Male (FirinMyLazer)
Item: Gyaradosite.
Nature: Jolly.
Ability: Intimidate.
IV’s: 31/ 31/ 31/**/ 31/ 31
EV’s: 252 Atk. 252 Speed. 4 Def.
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute
-Waterfall
-Crunch

Same gyarados as page 21, but no more z-splash.

Mudsdale: Male (Shadow Mare)
Item: Chesto Berry.
Nature: Careful.
Ability: Stamina.
IV’s: 31/ 31/ 31/ **/ 31/ 31
EV’s: 252 Hp. 4 Atk. 252 Sp. def
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Rest

replacing my Garchomp from page 21

Aeigislash: Male (Slice'n Dice)
Item: Leftovers.
Nature: Adamant.
Ability: Stance Change.
IV’s: 31/ 31/ 31/ **/ 31/ 31
EV’s: 252 HP. 252 Atk. 4 Def
-Swords Dance
-Kings Shield
-Iron head
-Shadow Sneak

replacing my Mimikyu from page 21.

So I was trying to copy the spread used by "The Dutch Plumberjack" for his amazing Battle maison win steak. (please don't hate me guys) only problem was Gliscor has not been released officially yet, and Pokebank doesn't come out until Junuary, so rolled with Mudsdale since the stats are similar and the stamina ability can make it tank a few hits before using the rest chesto combo. still no toxic heal though.

when i saw a lead audino, i was thinking it would be a free switch to Aeigislash, which at first it was, but then it unleashed Inferno Overdrive in my face which made me go. Wha, WHAAAA!! Aeigislash managed to eat it up however and get a swords dance, and kings shield some health back, but a fire blast the following turn koed me. Mudsdale came in and used Toxic, and set up a sub, but the thing kept using hyper voice. cool thing to note, Stamina activates if your in a substitute and the opponent uses hyper voice on you. (or any sound based move) with my sub kept in tact, i just had to keep spamming rest until it died.

then i get a Rotom Fridge. I miss Toxic, and it uses Blizzard and hits. no more sub. i land another toxic but Mudsdale dies. Then its Gyarados VS Rotom Fridge.
I mega evolve but its pretty much over. i fail to Ko it with Waterfall (No flinch) and a thunderbolt Paralyses me to put the nail in the coffin.

i'm advising anyone using a team with Aeigislash to watch out for this Audino, as like just happened to my run, it can end your win streak.

What's the Aegislash Sword Dance set?
If you are still looking, I've been using:

Aegislash-Shield @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Sword Dance
- King's Shield

4 Def EVs give Download users a boost to Attack, Brave gives some options for up against Trick Room (not happened yet). Sacred Sword let you beat sets that set up to stall.

Currently partnered with a Garchomp and Tapu Lele, but going to go with M Salamence and Tapu Fini once I have ground the BP I need.

My apologies, as I made a retarded oversight when doing the damage calc. I didn't expect turskain's calc to bump the level to 100 when inputting a blank set, so I initially ignored it.

As it turns out, Defense Curled Ice Ball from AS1 (not AS2, my bad) is capable of OHKOing your Slowbro spread. Even if you had healed before then you were probably fucked.
Jesus fucking Christ I knew it ;w; (just checked the calcs). Guess Withdraw MIGHT have helped in that situation lol ^^; I'm still continuing a streak at 66 which almost got lost due to an Oranguru of all things (freakin Gigavolt havoc Oranguru new meta).

Well I spent all day on the battle tree again, and this time, I beat Red, so I now have 50 consecutive wins with the Pokemon from 2 posts ago. (top of the page)
No crazy Audino shenanigans this time. That stuff was crazy!
It was a pretty cool game. Gyarados did nothing. I mean nothing! turn 1 switched to Mudsdale. Toxic stalled lead Snorlax to death, making sure a sub was up on the turn it dies. I get to toxic Lapras next, and blizzard breaks the sub. I switch out (loosing all my nice boosts from stamina but whatever). Aeigislash eats up the oncoming Blizzard and proceeds to swords dance, using kings shield every other turn for more health. At plus 4 I shadow sneak and kill it. thanks toxic damage.
Then he uses Charizard which mega evolves into Charizard-X. Kings shield knocks off the attack of Charizard when it uses flare blitz. I use shadow sneak and it does about 80% of Charizards HP. Charizard uses Flare Blitz. KOs me, but the recoil KO's Charizard too. GG.

You have no idea how much I love Mudsdale until now :D
Shadow Mare, you may be some creepy horse in Skyrim but you sure now how to play the stall game.

Shadow Mare, you may be some creepy horse in Skyrim but you sure now how to play the stall game.
But it's Shadowmere...

Auuugh! I'm really mad at super multis right now. I got to 28 and a damn barbaracle with DTeam RNG'd the hell out of me and Colress. I kinda want to see if I can get the guy to have M-Meta and something that isn't weak to ground, but I'm kinda scared to search.

I got haxed by a Brightpowder Pokemon out of 30 Battles.

I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later with a all-out offensive team.

I want to use a Modest Celeestela and Tapu-Bulu, and I am free of one Megastone.
Any suggestions?

But it's Shadowmere...

Auuugh! I'm really mad at super multis right now. I got to 28 and a damn barbaracle with DTeam RNG'd the hell out of me and Colress. I kinda want to see if I can get the guy to have M-Meta and something that isn't weak to ground, but I'm kinda scared to search.
Is it? Woops. Guess I had better check that spelling. Anyhow, iv'e had Colress appear twice in my runs and both times hes had a M-Meta lead.
iI scouted him again just because he had a slightly better team the second time around. instead of having a M-Meta and a Klingklang, i now got his Porygon2.

Other fun or successful scouts iv'e had are "Robin" with lead Araquanid 1. God damn i hate this spider set. I always scout someone using Araquanid 1 now.
"Kiawe" with M-Kanga, Cynthia with M-Chomp (though i wish i had kept M-Lucario from a previous fight but that team didn't pick her Chomp for multi battles), and Wally with M-Altaria. I also scouted a random Veteran who used one of the M-Lati@s on me. But for some reason on the Multi select screen, his Mega isn't there. That sucks.

Well, got to a streak of 112 in Doubles. I lost because my Trick Room wore off at the worst possible turn, and unavailable Pokemon (and Megas) are OP. Turns out in the absence of VGC17 restrictions, this team doesn't fare too well in the Battle Tree :\

Veteran Dooley- iirc he used the Extremespeed Dragonite and Mega Charizard X, who managed to set up two Dragon Dances before my Trick Room faded.

Had everything been out, I'd be running a Mega Abomasnow with Blizzard or a Mega Mawile instead of Marowak. Fingers crossed on a Mega Stone distribution coinciding with S/M Bank.

Oranguru @ Lum Berry
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs:0 Spe
- Protect
- Instruct
- Psychic
- Trick Room

Torkoal @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Protect

Buzzwole @ Fightinium
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Hammer Arm
- Leech Life
- Rock Slide
- Protect

(I started using this team starting from Battle 101. The prior battles were with my Nihilego, Kartana, Greninja (BB) and Mega Salamence team, which had a gaping weakness to Scientists' teams.)

Btw, if anyone has been compiling a full list of Trainer Classes, let me know. You can see in my guide (linked in the main post) my guesses and observations on the "Tree Trainers." I've put question marks (?) next to each entry that I guessed on (based on the Trainers' quotes, teams, and index number of other known trainers).
i was thinking of putting together a team like this, except rain instead of sun. although after 20 years im lazy af and trying to "cheat" my way into a destiny knot instead of actually grinding for it (thanks giveaway forum), and thats slowing me down more than i hoped it would. resetting the buzzwole was kind of a pain (nothing compared to my previous attempts at SRing though), how do you like it? i got mine, im just worried that the pseudo-moxie is going to be ultimately untenable. imo its snowbally, but not immediately and not immediately enough, and the battle will end before it really gets rolling enough to ensure wins.

I got haxed by a Brightpowder Pokemon out of 30 Battles.

I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later with a all-out offensive team.

I want to use a Modest Celeestela and Tapu-Bulu, and I am free of one Megastone.
Any suggestions?
Celeestela and Bulu don't have the best synergy and the third member will have to pull a lot of things like countering fire and steel types. I'd probably suggest something like Mega Tyranitar though as in theory it complements the others two well. Things like Heatran, Zapdos, Thundurus, Landorus, Focus Sash Salazzle will pose less problems.

Other fun or successful scouts iv'e had are "Robin" with lead Araquanid 1. God damn i hate this spider set. I always scout someone using Araquanid 1 now.
"Kiawe" with M-Kanga, Cynthia with M-Chomp (though i wish i had kept M-Lucario from a previous fight but that team didn't pick her Chomp for multi battles), and Wally with M-Altaria. I also scouted a random Veteran who used one of the M-Lati@s on me. But for some reason on the Multi select screen, his Mega isn't there. That sucks.
I know it's always their first two pokemon that you get when scouting.
Also, are Plumeria, Sina, and Kiawe Sun exclusive? because I have not seen them at all and I've seen everyone else at least three times. I looked around the web and I can't find any confirmation of VE, yet I also can't find anyone who can disprove it.

I know it's always their first two pokemon that you get when scouting.
Also, are Plumeria, Sina, and Kiawe Sun exclusive? because I have not seen them at all and I've seen everyone else at least three times. I looked around the web and I can't find any confirmation of VE, yet I also can't find anyone who can disprove it.
I've fought Kiawe a couple of times, Sina often, and Plumeria..she doesn't leave me alone.. (I think I've fought Cynthia twice, and Wally only once). I have Pokemon Sun by the by.

So far the only Pokemon I've trained up for anything even remotely competitive is a SpA Kommo-o and a SpA Raichu. What would pair well with either of those two (or both, if they can even go on a team together)? What's the ideal setup? Two sweepers and a wall, or just a lead and two sweepers?

So I randomly slapped together a team using HP Ice Tapu Koko, Weavile, Mimikyu, and Mega Metagross all using Singles sets for my first try Super Doubles and holy shit, I got to 82 wins before getting ROFLstomped by Scarf Garchomp and about 3 key misses that hurt me real badly in the long run.

AE2W-WWWW-WWW3-4MCN

That is the replay code for those interested in viewing the fateful battle. I misplayed a couple times tbh, and to be even more fair, that wasn't even remotely close to my most difficult battle, as my team struggled a lot against mono Electric teams (particularly those with Rotom-Oven).

If anyone wants the sets, I'll post em here.

Hey everyone! So I'm aiming to get 50 streaks in all three, but I don't have much interest in doing any battles past that. Right now I've been shooting for singles, but lost at 30 then 25 with a team of M-Alakazam, Garchomp, and Toxapex. I'm revamping my team since that team obviously didn't work well enough, but I'm having trouble deciding.

I just bred and EV trained a Jolly Mimikyu with Swords Dance (attacks undecided but probably Shadow Sneak, Play Rough, and Shadow Claw), but I'm unsure what to complement it with. I would love any suggestions you could provide.

Draexzhan Do you have a concrete team for me? I'd appreciate that very much. You suggested a weather team,
so do you mean Tapu Bulu and Castform maybe?
No. Not Castform. But the team I got the farthest with in multis did use a banded tapu bulu. I tended to rely on my partner setting up rain dance with their Ludicolo, and I had a Xurkitree with thunder in back. And also thunderbolt, which having both under any other circumstance would be absolutely ridiculous, but when I'm choiced anyway, only really got three types for coverage, and AI partners are anything but reliable, I felt it was the best choice I had.

I have never encountered Sina in singles, but I have encountered and scouted: Kiawe, Cynthia, Grimley, Plumeria, Wally and Colress all at least once.
according to the google docs spread sheet provided on page 1 (Link here to spread sheet) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Iy3OYCozo1kvrHC8Er3ddXJvw/edit#gid=1204145081 you can also find Dexio, Mallow, Anabel, and Guzma.
Sadly Red and Green can never be scouted as i found out when i tried to scout Red earlier in super singles.

Speaking of which i tried to unlock super multi battles earlier using Colress' M-Metagross. Colress pretty much swept the first 19 battles until we faced Red and Green, and Green's lead Arcanine uses Inferno Overdrive and OHKO's poor Metagross. I could of made a comeback but Greens second Pokemon was a Tyranitar that kept spamming thunder wave on everyone. and Reds 2nd Pokemon was Mega Blastoise. GG.

Can someone remind me if its possible to switch your partners Pokemon out in Multi battles. I know this sounds like a dumb question, but i really think that Colress' Eviolite Porygon2 (which mine has) could of taken the inferno overdrive.

Also, I plan on breeding an A-Marowak, for lightning rod. Thunderwave shuts me down completely, and the fire type will help with grass types that the Gyarados/ Mega Gyarados i use struggles against.

Just something to point out about Tapu Lele is that timid scarf outspeeds everything up to and including Terrakion 2 (and by 1 point at that). However if you choose modest instead you lose out to not only Terrakion 2 but also the following pokemon
Darmanitan-4 (tie)
Electrode-2
Electrode-3
Alakazam-3 (2HKO 100% where you don't OHKO with your own Shadowball)
Electrode-4
Pinsir-4 (Guillotine cheese/hax)
Rotom (Wash Rotom)-2
Rotom (Fan Rotom)-4
Staraptor-2 (final gambit OHKOs but you also can only OHKO it with Modest or 50% chance with timid)
Typhlosion-3
Landorus (Incarnate Forme)-2 (86.3% 2HKO with outspeed vs 62.5% OHKO Psychic but HP Ice does 100% OHKO if you run that)
regardless the following always outspeed you
Entei-3 (gets 2HKO if it has enough HP on Eruption)
Garchomp-3
Manectric-4
Aerodactyl-1
If you choose to run specs/life orb/terrain extender and timid about 200 pokemon outspeed you or modest about 150 and bulk modest is outsped by a massive 400 pokemon in the tree.

To conclude timid is almost always better than modest unless someone shows a calc where it is significant compared to the loses in speed shown here.

Last edited:
I have never encountered Sina in singles, but I have encountered and scouted: Kiawe, Cynthia, Grimley, Plumeria, Wally and Colress all at least once.

Speaking of which i tried to unlock super multi battles earlier using Colress' M-Metagross. Colress pretty much swept the first 19 battles until we faced Red and Green, and Green's lead Arcanine uses Inferno Overdrive and OHKO's poor Metagross. I could of made a comeback but Greens second Pokemon was a Tyranitar that kept spamming thunder wave on everyone. and Reds 2nd Pokemon was Mega Blastoise. GG.

Can someone remind me if its possible to switch your partners Pokemon out in Multi battles. I know this sounds like a dumb question, but i really think that Colress' Eviolite Porygon2 (which mine has) could of taken the inferno overdrive.
In order to change their mons, you have to scout them again in either super singles or doubles, you will always get 2 random mons that they were using when you faced them, so if you want M-Metagross colress you HAVE to scout him in a battle in which he used it against you, also on a side note I have 10x streak on super multis w/ colress as my partern, M-Metagross, Alolan Muk2 ftw

Hey everyone! So I'm aiming to get 50 streaks in all three, but I don't have much interest in doing any battles past that. Right now I've been shooting for singles, but lost at 30 then 25 with a team of M-Alakazam, Garchomp, and Toxapex. I'm revamping my team since that team obviously didn't work well enough, but I'm having trouble deciding.

I just bred and EV trained a Jolly Mimikyu with Swords Dance (attacks undecided but probably Shadow Sneak, Play Rough, and Shadow Claw), but I'm unsure what to complement it with. I would love any suggestions you could provide.
I have a post with my 118 streak singles team here: Battle Tree Discussion Thread (Leaderboard Eventually), once landorus or gliscor becomes avaiable I ll use it again to try for a higher trecord.

Also if you just wanna rush to 50 Dragonite-Aegislash-TapuFini will get you there incredibly fast, but not much farther (maybe 70-80s )

I have a post with my 118 streak singles team here: Battle Tree Discussion Thread (Leaderboard Eventually), once landorus or gliscor becomes avaiable I ll use it again to try for a higher trecord.

Also if you just wanna rush to 50 Dragonite-Aegislash-TapuFini will get you there incredibly fast, but not much farther (maybe 70-80s )
Oh awesome thank you! What are the sets for the Dragonite-Aegislash-Tapu Fini team? I'm unsure I'll use it since I already caught Tapu Fini and would have to synchronize another to try and get a useful one, but if it works I'd be up to it.

Oh awesome thank you! What are the sets for the Dragonite-Aegislash-Tapu Fini team? I'm unsure I'll use it since I already caught Tapu Fini and would have to synchronize another to try and get a useful one, but if it works I'd be up to it.
Dragonite
Item Lum Berry
Abilty: Multiscale
Jolly/Adamant (both work but i prefer jolly)
252att/252 spe

-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch/Roost

Details: This is one of the most powerful sets avaiable right now, multiscale means D-nite gets 1 safe DD againts anything save for ice attacks, at +1 he will KO anything that doesnt resist it
its incredibly easy to use and its scary to see him wipe entire teams off the planet with 1 outrage

Aegishlash
Item Lefttovers
Abilty Stance Chnce
Adamant
252 att 252HP

-Kings Guard
-Sword Dance
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword

Resist ALL of D-nite weakness, and has massive set up potential, he sets up to things to dangerous for D-NITE

Tapu-Fini
item: Assault Vest/ Misty Seed/ LO/ Fairium z
Abilty: Misty surge
Modest/Timid
252HP/ 252 Sp.A

-Moonblast
-Scald
-Grassknot
-Ice beam

One of the best tanks introduced this gen, even though it has no susttain, Rounds up coverage for things
the other 2 cant handle, mainly status spammers, also misty terrain provides HUGE utility for aegislash
as he cant be shut down while its active.

D-nite and Aegisslash just STOMPs all over battles 1-40, aftewards legendaries and mega evolutions make things trickier
regardless save for a crazy Mega-Gardevoir, you should have no issue reaching at least battle 50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)