XY OU Based Oreo Army

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Under the light of the blue moon, their name was feared. The monsters who obliterated all that was in sight. Nothing stood before their wrath. But everything changed when the Oreos attacked. With the Commander Talonflame defeated, the monsters fell before the Oreos. Soon, their once feared offensive power was turned into fat bulk that was mocked and scorned. Only Togekiss, the last fighter, could save them. She's great at flying, but she has a lot to learn before she can save the team. But I believe, Togekiss can save the world.

BASED OREO ARMY ATTACKS!! YOU LOSE BY DEFAULT

Hey everyone, how're you doing? Want a cookie? *gives out Oreos* Here fren. K, now that ur here, rate team pls. ANYWAY, I have no idea what I just said, my fingers moved by themselves. I have come back with my 2nd RMT, another team featuring Togekiss <.< What can I say? I find a good Toge set (this one I found somewhere in the Overused section), so I use it till it gets waaayyyy overused by me (pardon bad puns pls). This set was pretty odd again, you'd never think it was slightly viable. Buuuut, it has been working kinda well for me, so eh. What can I say, I'll use it.

Bit of quick Backstory

So after finding this set, the poster stated it was best used in a flyspam team with Talonflame, as this set lured and KO'ed some of Talonflame's most popular counters: Rotom-W, Ttar, Heatran, etc. Others like Landorus-T and Thundurus it could bop on the switch with a powerful Dazzling Gleam, doing 50% at least, so they couldn't switch in on Toge again. Anyway, looked pretty decent to me. HOWEVER...I suck at teambuilding. I can't do it for my life. So after looking around in Victory Road because I was bored, I noticed that a certain user said that they could help with teambuilding if need be. That certain user was Clair. PM'ing Clair, we had a lot of conversation back and forth for a week or two about the team. We realized that Togekiss fits best on a bulkier team, so our team shifted from HO Birdspam to a sort of Bulky Offense. Sadly, due to this, Talonflame had to go because of our lack of Thundurus checks. Anyway, we ended up using a couple underrated mons and sets accidentally, but they have been working wonderfully, thank you again Clair. And now, onto the team!

And about ladder stuff, since people like that, I usually hang around 16-1700 with this team, as for some reason I went on massive tilt since my last team and can't get out of it ;~;. I do remember Clair saying she got somewhere in the 1800's with it though.

(Btw, anecdote above is because my team consists of all strong attackers, running odd bulky sets. Togekiss is the only poke dedicate to full attacking. I was bored after finishing a Chemistry test, felt like doing something -_-)

Spinning Spiky Oreo (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 248 HP / 20 Def / 16 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
-Reflect Type
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Recover

Starmie is my reliable spinning Oreo. After getting defeated by the horrible Oreos, it was forced to change its set to a defensive Reflect Type set that helps it beat Ferrothorn and Pursuit trappers like Bisharp and TTar. Moves are standard, Reflect Type to beat what I just said, Rapid Spin because it's so non meta to get rid of hazards, Scald for nifty burns, and Recover for health, of course. We first chose Starmie when the team was still in flyspam mode, as Spinning is far more useful on offensive teams than Defog is. After all, that is why you see Excadrill on 99% of all flyspam teams. Since Exca is so overused it's sickening, we decided to take advantage of the Aegislash ban, and chose Starmie as our spinner. Reflect Type helped to beat some of the most common rocks setters (cough Ferrothorn cough) and things like that. This slot was temporarily changed to Latias for a Thundurus check, until we realized that Latias was doing literally 0 for the team, couldn't even check Thundurus reliable due to lower speed, and that Starmie was doing more. So we changed back, and haven't changed since :^)

Fattest Oreo (Aggron) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy ==> Filter
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 4 Def
Careful Nature
-Thunder Wave
-Iron Head
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake

Aggron here is, as we all know, the tank to end all tanks. Base 230 Defense combined with Filter is nothing to scoff at, and 80 SpDef isn't bad, especially when used in conjunction with Filter. Aggron here is to tank hits from overall everything, spread paralysis, and set up Stealth Rocks. Aggron is also a decent check I have to opposing flyspam, mostly Pinsir. CC does about 60~ from a +2 M-Pinsir, and I can Twave right back. I will have to sac Aggron in the process, but it will be crippled and can easily be rkilled by anything on the team. Not the best check, but I have Raikou and Gyarados along with it, so I don't think too many problems will arise facing flyspam, at least not ones used by bad people. Anyway, Iron Head over Heavy Slam for more consistent damage, but that can be changed easily if a good enough reason is provided. Earthquake I use over Rock Slide mostly for Magnezones, so they can't trap me and get away scot-free. Aggron may be bad in OU, which has some merit to it, but here on this team he has been working fantastically, so I'm not gonna change it because 'lmfao aggron noob use lando-t' (and if you do that you're probably not cut out for rating teams)

Shocking Oreo (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
32 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 224 Spe
Timid Nature
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Shadow Ball

Raikou was here for some nice power, Volt Switching, and mostly the ability to check Thundurus really well. Thundurus was a major pain for my team, and AV Raikou fit my team while countering Thundy perfectly. Volt Switch, Tbolt, and HP Ice I really shouldn't need to explain; they're pretty much standard on any Raikou not named Calm Mind. I use Shadow Ball over Extrasensory and Aura Sphere mostly for the Latis, they're annoying and it's nice to get damage off on them. I could use Aura Sphere for Excadrill, but I'm not really going to try Extrasensory, since Mega Venu is pretty much a safe switch into Aggron or Togekiss (just need to avoid Sludge Bomb). I don't want to kill it or scare it away when I could get up my Rocks, spread paralysis, or set up a Nasty Plot and deal some nice damage. 224 Speed is to outspeed Thundurus, rest is thrown into HP to get as much bulk as possible.

Scary but Fat Oreo (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
248 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpDef
Impish Nature
-Thunder Wave
-Waterfall
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Gyarados is a great bulky RestTalker, and is my second paralysis spreader. This set is an amazing check to both Charizard forms, which is an amazing feat in itself, but it can also check one of the biggest megas around right now, M-Medicham (lacking Tpunch of course). Thunder Wave is great for Gyara, paralyzing things like Medi, Zard, and Gard if I get a free switch in is just amazing. Rest for recovery, and Sleep Talk to not be fodder while Resting. Now, the EV's. You might be thinking, 'why the hell is this guy using split ev's and things he's a nub'. And you would be right. I literally had no idea what EV's to put, since I wanted him to be a mixed tank, so I just split it down the middle and hoped for the best. It's actually been working pretty well so far, so I'm not complaining. But of course, if a better spread is possible, I am all for it. By the way, should I use a Careful nature for this thing? Intimidate helps out its physical spectrum, so I'm not sure if Impish is necessary.

Poisonous Plant Oreo (Breloom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
252 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 4 Spe

Careful Nature
-Spore
-Drain Punch
-Leech Seed
-Substitute

God, this Loom set is amazing. Huge shoutouts to Clair for offering this set. It was originally used over Mega-Venu for a better Sand Rush Excadrill check, which it does decently (pls no Iron Head flinch), but it does so much more than that. After Toxic Orb activates, 10/10 Rotom-W counter. Spore has that incredible utility, pretty much eliminating one poke from the match. Drain Punch is for STAB and healing, Leech Seed for residual damage and more healing, and Sub...for Sub reasons <.< Substitute paired with Poison Heal + Leech Seed vs. Slower mon = gg. Even against a faster mon, if I get a Sub and Leech Seed up, I can just spam Sub till they die. Similar to Toxic stall Gliscor, but I feel it is slightly better for this team. Spore is too great to pass up, and Leech Seed is amazing as well. Not too much to change on this set, in my opinion. Kinda gimmicky, but works extraordinarily well.

Flying, Fighting Oreo (Togekiss) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Serene Grace
64 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 192 Spe
Modest Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Dazzling Gleam
-Air Slash
-Roost

WELP...here's the weirdest set by far. Nasty Plot Togekiss + Pixie Plate = wtf. Well, as I said earlier, this set was meant as a lure for Talonflame, as it can bop pretty much all switch ins, except Heatran. 192 Speed outspeeds the standard Rotom and Ttar sets, and the rest goes into bulk from there. Pixie Plate ensures the OHKO'es onto TTar and Rotom. Life Orb could be used, but Togekiss is also great at bluffing Scarf, which comes in handy (lmao I remember the entire room thought I was using Specs Toge in an OU tourney once). Roost used to be Aura Sphere, as it 2HKO'es Heatran at +2, while all Heatran can do back is Roar or Toxic, as Lava Plume doesn't do that great damage. However, Roost was put over it as the team grew fatter; Togekiss can be easily worn down and battles usually go on for a long time, so not using Roost would just be bad. Togekiss w/ Paralysis support is a great mon to use. Against offense, I usually save it to late-mid game, where para has been spread and everytime it comes in, it gets a kill. Stall is nothing to Togekiss' power and flinchiness, while Balanced teams face a similar syndrome. Toge comes in on a bulky mon, and then just bops something easily. I am overstating it's strengths a bit, but it does really well vs. Stall and even Offense, where everything is so frail it can't take a hit. Nothing else to say about this set, Modest to maximize its power, and Serene Grace to make it prettier and more graceful n_n

Latios - Tbolt Latios really just gives me a hard time. I usually just paralyze it with Aggron, but if they suspect something, and switch, Aggron can be easily worn down and KO'ed.

M-Gard - Ugghhhh, nothing switches into this thing. My best bet is to bait a Focus Blast with Aggron and go into Gyara to Twave it, but it still requires me to sac something usually.

M-Hera - Similar scenario. I have to Twave/Spore it and KO it with Togekiss or something along those lines. Overall just annoying to face.

Togekiss (F) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Roost

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 16 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spore
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-165182656 Great game, one of the first ones I had with Raikou. I was still toying around with the team, didn't use Toge well and made a couple bad plays, but was overall a good game. More replays to come when I'm not so lazy.

Threat list and Replays will be expanded on when I get energy to actually do things.

Aaaaand that's the team. You might start to see now what I mean about offensive mons taking a bulkier turn, and such. Any rates are appreciated, so please do leave a rate below. Thanks to all who read this wall of text, and hope to see you around!

who do you normally lead with, because i dont see a good lead anywhere. AV Raikou doesn't have the power to OHKO common leads like Landorus-T and Garchomp. i think and expert belt Raikou would benefit the team more. and Im just wondering if all that speed on Starmie has been helpful because it looks like you use it to outspeed thundurus, but is that necessary?

Croven

certified genius
who do you normally lead with, because i dont see a good lead anywhere. AV Raikou doesn't have the power to OHKO common leads like Landorus-T and Garchomp. i think and expert belt Raikou would benefit the team more. and Im just wondering if all that speed on Starmie has been helpful because it looks like you use it to outspeed thundurus, but is that necessary?
I usually lead with whatever seems best to lead, depending on the matchup. Most often it is Raikou or Breloom, iirc. And yeah, the speed can be pretty useful. Starmie has a decent speed tier, and in battle, being able to outspeed Thundurus is pretty helpful, especially since Twave won't do much due to Natural Cure. And about Expert Belt Raikou, it's not supposed to be able to OHKO things, it's more of a bulky pivot to wear down the opposing team I guess. However, I will test out Expert Belt to see if that provides some support that the team is lacking. Thanks for replying! ^^

Being able to OHKO Landorus is a pretty big deal seeing as Raikou dies by EQ, but AV is another very good item for Raikou as well. Its definitely a gamble. Usually when I use AV Raikou I often end up saying "I really wish I had Xpert Belt" then when I have Xpert Belt I will say "I really wish I had AV" haha

Hey buddy, I forgot you said you wanted to RMT this, thanks for the shout out :)

Quick things out the way first - regarding Raikou, AV is 100% necessary over Expert Belt; Lando isn't a huge threat, but Thundurus, Gardevoir, and Latios are. I feel like Gyarados should probably just run max physical bulk, but if the mixed investment is working then sure.

Like we discussed earlier, the team doesn't really have a way past Ferrothorn and bulky SD Scizor (Ferrothorn is easily the team's biggest weakness), but finding a way to handle those threats is tricky. There aren't any Pokemon changes to make which really alleviate this, although I tried a version with M-Manectric over Raikou and Cobalion over M-Aggron which was surprisingly effective. I'd just suggest running Flamethrower on Togekiss's last moveslot, and potentially even HP Fire > Ice on Raikou. Of the threats HP Ice hits, none of them can do much work against this team (I guess SD Chomp with Stone Edge, or Lando-I with SR up), and having another lure / check to Ferro and Zor is arguably more useful. Remember that opponents are always going to assume you have HP Ice anyway.

That's all I've got :) Hope those suggestions help!

Best song 2014 :)

Anyways, that's the time that gave me so much pain. Something small, but I noticed that you get rekted by Sun Teams when they have hazard support (brb crying). Also, stall looks like a pain for you to beat. (Set up rocks, then force you to switch around etc) A healty Nasty Plot Thundy-T can sweep a portion of your team after Raikou's dead so that might be a problem as well. I don't really know what to suggest, but I'll just put that out there xD Also, nice team <3

Croven

certified genius
Hey buddy, I forgot you said you wanted to RMT this, thanks for the shout out :)

Quick things out the way first - regarding Raikou, AV is 100% necessary over Expert Belt; Lando isn't a huge threat, but Thundurus, Gardevoir, and Latios are. I feel like Gyarados should probably just run max physical bulk, but if the mixed investment is working then sure.

Like we discussed earlier, the team doesn't really have a way past Ferrothorn and bulky SD Scizor (Ferrothorn is easily the team's biggest weakness), but finding a way to handle those threats is tricky. There aren't any Pokemon changes to make which really alleviate this, although I tried a version with M-Manectric over Raikou and Cobalion over M-Aggron which was surprisingly effective. I'd just suggest running Flamethrower on Togekiss's last moveslot, and potentially even HP Fire > Ice on Raikou. Of the threats HP Ice hits, none of them can do much work against this team (I guess SD Chomp with Stone Edge, or Lando-I with SR up), and having another lure / check to Ferro and Zor is arguably more useful. Remember that opponents are always going to assume you have HP Ice anyway.

That's all I've got :) Hope those suggestions help!
Yeah, Scizor and Ferrothorn are pretty damn annoying. Usually I beat Ferro with Breloom, and either Spore Scizor with Loom or paraflinch it with Gyarados, who is bulky enough to take on Zor. Again, I'm going to test Jirachi > M-Aggron and Bulky DD Mega Char X > Raikou. Char provides a check to all the Electric types going around while still can take on Ferrothorn and Scizor, while Jirachi can set up Rocks, spread paralysis, and can also Wish if I opt to take that route. A Sub set can also do some work against Stall, I guess. However, this leaves me completely open to flyspam, which isn't a great idea. I'll test out both M-Manec and Char X. However, how is Cobalion doing? Would Rachi work better over it? Just tossing around ideas.

Best song 2014 :)

Anyways, that's the time that gave me so much pain. Something small, but I noticed that you get rekted by Sun Teams when they have hazard support (brb crying). Also, stall looks like a pain for you to beat. (Set up rocks, then force you to switch around etc) A healty Nasty Plot Thundy-T can sweep a portion of your team after Raikou's dead so that might be a problem as well. I don't really know what to suggest, but I'll just put that out there xD Also, nice team <3
Noice song senpai o3o. And ya, sun teams w/ hazard = gg ;[ so I might try Char X. Thundy is literally one of the only reasons I actually put Raikou on the team, as it's a great counter to Thundurus. But yeah, it's annoying to deal with and Raikou can get worn down, so I'm going to test out the other options.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Imo change Dazzling Gleam to Aura Sphere on Toge. Fairy/Flying is actually pretty redundant coverage; you'd much prefer fighting to be able to hit Tyranitar & Heatran. Also, change Fairy Plate to Life Orb or leftovers imo, since you wouldn't be using a fairy attack.

Another really minor thing I'd do is run max speed on Raikou. That spread was used before starmie was relevant, but now starmie rocks, so speed tying it is better than auto-losing (32 hp doesn't really do much).

Croven

certified genius
Imo change Dazzling Gleam to Aura Sphere on Toge. Fairy/Flying is actually pretty redundant coverage; you'd much prefer fighting to be able to hit Tyranitar & Heatran. Also, change Fairy Plate to Life Orb or leftovers imo, since you wouldn't be using a fairy attack.

Another really minor thing I'd do is run max speed on Raikou. That spread was used before starmie was relevant, but now starmie rocks, so speed tying it is better than auto-losing (32 hp doesn't really do much).
Ok, thanks for the input, I'll test that out. And yeah, Starmie is p good right now, but I haven't seen it on the ladder too much. I'll still test the set though when I have time. However, haven't gotten around to testing Jirachi + Zard X, school is annoying ;_; I'll likely test it by this weekend.

Croven

certified genius
Bump. I've tested Megaman > Raikou and Cobalion > Aggron, which was ok, but there was still a glaring Latios weakness. As much as I hate it, I'm testing CM Clef > Togekiss. Any ideas on how to beat Lati@s without giving up Togekiss?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)